I tripped and fell tonight! - Mothering Forums

#1 of 9 Old 02-14-2009, 11:29 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I tripped on the rug, and fell hitting my knees and elbows. I'm not hurt, or anything, just worried. My husband has told me a million times that everything is fine, but I can't help being concerned!

Anybody think this is cause for concern?

*Meag* SAHM to two girls 6 & 3 and our new little boy!! namaste.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 9 Old 02-14-2009, 11:31 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
You're little bean is safely burrowed into your uterus. Don't worry!

Momma to DD (12/04) hearts.gif and DS (11/09) hbac.gif.
I survived 16 mos! Ask me about breastfeeding a baby with posterior tongue tie, high palate, and weak oral motor skills- whew!

#3 of 9 Old 02-15-2009, 12:15 PM

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I'm a worrier too, but honestly so many people have told me how cushioned and protected our little nuggets are. Don't worry! How are your knees and elbows feeling today?

Our little miracles are here!!joy.gif
energy.gif DD Born 7/15/11 biggrinbounce.gif DS Born 4/3/13
love.giflove.gif Keep growing healthy and strong, beautiful little fighter babies!!!

Auntie to Nell, Greta, Maggie, and Elsa!

Remembering our 3 losses

#4 of 9 Old 02-15-2009, 12:24 PM

It is totally fine! Your little bean is teeny tiny and all nestled snug in there with a ton of cushion. It is later on when you can feel the baby that it is very dangerous.
#5 of 9 Old 02-15-2009, 12:34 PM

Oh please don't worry! I know it is scary, but the PP is right. Falls are more dangerous when the baby is bigger and you fall on you stomach. A little trip that lands you on your hands and knees really only hurts you hands and knees. Ice and arnica and you should be fine!

Stephanie-33 lucky mama of 5 precious ones: DD-12, DS-9 , DS-6 , and DD-3 and Bridget Alannah  SHE'S ONE NOW! loving wife to DH-38
#6 of 9 Old 02-15-2009, 04:01 PM

I would agree with everyone else. You are probably okay. But, more important, how are you doing? Do you feel okay about it? It must have been scary! Normally a fall like that would just be a fall, but now you've got more to think about! I hope your knees and elbows are feeling ok today.

Proud mom of Dylan born 10/10/09
#7 of 9 Old 02-15-2009, 10:28 PM

hun. Your little bean is probably just fine. Hope your hands & knees are ok.

P.S. If it helps, you now know one lady in your DDC who's still out skiiing while incubating, and isn't all that worried about the little bumps and falls.

Kristal: Now an at-home mama to my Doodle and my Roo and partner to my love .
15/52 craft projects completed in 2010.
#8 of 9 Old 02-16-2009, 01:01 AM - Thread Starter

Thank you so much for all the hugs and kind words! I feel much better tonight, now that some time has past. And my elbows and knees are totally fine!

I love our DDC! You ladies are so kind. It's great to come here and read encouraging words, isn't it?

Kritto....I ski too, although haven't had a chance to ski at all this year. I was thinking to myself that my little fall on the rug is no different than a little fall on the slopes (and if I had the chance, I would still be out skiing). So thanks for that thought.

*Meag* SAHM to two girls 6 & 3 and our new little boy!! namaste.gif
#9 of 9 Old 02-16-2009, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by preggymeaggy View Post
Kritto....I ski too, although haven't had a chance to ski at all this year. I was thinking to myself that my little fall on the rug is no different than a little fall on the slopes (and if I had the chance, I would still be out skiing). So thanks for that thought.
During my last pregnancy my midwives told me I should stop snowboarding and horseback riding. I told them I could live without one, but not both, so I rode horses the whole 8 months (DS was born at 36 weeks, not because of horseback riding!) I think as long as your bumps and bangs are not excessive, you have nothing to worry about.

"Well behaved women seldom make history." Laurel Ulrich   To make my mark I
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

, among other things,  and try to live a sustainable, natural life. My brood includes DD1, DS1 2, 3, and 4, and expecting another in March 2017. 

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page