Short fuse anyone??? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 11 Old 02-15-2009, 12:30 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'd say for the last week or so, I have been really moody! I just get so irritated, and fly off the handle. I am trying really hard to not get pissed off about little things (especially in front of DD), but these hormones are getting the best of me. DH has definitely noticed. Sometimes he just slides me a snack, as if he hopes this will make me act more normal. Poor guy! This didn't really happen with pregnancy#1. Don't know how to handle it.

*Meag* SAHM to two girls 6 & 3 and our new little boy!! namaste.gif
#2 of 11 Old 02-15-2009, 08:19 AM

yes, this is happening with me. but to be fair, i have a short fuse to begin with! lol so i'm not sure how much of it is hormonal! lol
#3 of 11 Old 02-15-2009, 10:52 AM

I'm there right now. I am cranky and tired and moody. Ugh.

homeschool.gif mama to DS6modifiedartist.gif and DD1fly-by-nursing1.gif
#4 of 11 Old 02-15-2009, 01:00 PM

Yeah I'm a bit psycho. I notice if I don't get enough rest I'm very similar acting to my cranky toddler. I fly off the handle, then cry. I think for me it is the stress of having to take care of a 2.5 y/o who sleeps erratically and won't let me rest. I also have low blood sugar I'm sure because of my wavering between starvation and nausea. These first few weeks are nearly doing me in. I just hope I can bear the next few weeks because I think that those pregnancy "high" hormones will kick in and I'll be all glowy and happy, for all our sake I sure hope so.

Me Wife to T (14 years)Mama to Princess(4) and Monster Boy(my 1 year old ):
#5 of 11 Old 02-15-2009, 01:37 PM

I'm seven weeks and the pyscho part seems to be over. Now I am every even-keeled and calm. More so than normal.

Stephanie-33 lucky mama of 5 precious ones: DD-12, DS-9 , DS-6 , and DD-3 and Bridget Alannah  SHE'S ONE NOW! loving wife to DH-38
#6 of 11 Old 02-15-2009, 03:47 PM

For a couple weeks I felt awful, just like you described. The last few days have been better. With DS I remember feeling calmer and kinder than normal, so I was worried that the bear in me would be there the whole 9 months. Gosh, I hope not! My poor family.

"Well behaved women seldom make history." Laurel Ulrich   To make my mark I familybed2.gifnovaxnocirc.giffly-by-nursing2.giffemalesling.GIFhbac.gif waterbirth.jpgcd.gif adoptionheart-1.gif, among other things,  and try to live a sustainable, natural life. My brood includes DD1, DS1 2 and 3, and expecting another in Aug 2014. 
#7 of 11 Old 02-15-2009, 04:51 PM

I've been quite moody, which often means more irritable and sensitive, but it hasn't gotten to the point of being a temper thing.
#8 of 11 Old 02-15-2009, 05:04 PM

My mood depends on the amount of sleep I have or have not gotten and how sick I feel for that moment. lol

Busy Mom raising 5 kiddos, 7, 6, 5, 2  and a brand new bundle!! (5/15/11)  cd.gifribbonpb.gifnovaxnoIRC.gif

#9 of 11 Old 02-15-2009, 09:25 PM

I'm only 12 dpo (BFP on 10 dpo), and this one of only two symptoms to date (the other is constipation)! I can't believe how moody I am. I'm really trying to get this under control for the sake of my husband and 3-year old daughter.
#10 of 11 Old 02-16-2009, 01:05 AM - Thread Starter

I'm glad I'm not the only one! I've been getting plenty of sleep, and still I seem to get overwhelmed and irritable....so clearly it's the hormones! I'm glad to hear that it subsides after a while...hope that will be soon.

It seems to help if I get a chance to exercise, and if I get out of the house!

*Meag* SAHM to two girls 6 & 3 and our new little boy!! namaste.gif
#11 of 11 Old 02-16-2009, 05:29 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
crabby?- Yes
irritable?- Yes

I also have a 2.5 year old toddler who`s been sleeping less than his mom these days. I get upset then cry, then get upset b/c I cried then get a headache and with that the whole day is gone.

Me sleepytime.gif DH violin.gifand the kiddos run.gif   Follower of Jesus heartbeat.gif

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page