stomach "issues" - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 02-16-2009, 09:53 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I don't know what it is, but I've been having stomach issues for more than a wk. At first I thought it was just left over from the flu I had, but it has been too long. Sorry for the details, but it is buring in my intestines (acid reflux?) And diahrea. Yuck. I haven't eaten anything out of the norm (frankly I'm not eating much of anything). Now MS kicked in today and I'm pretty miserable. Anyone else have or had weird tummies like this? Thanks ladies.
#2 of 10 Old 02-17-2009, 12:39 AM

Oh that sucks. Comfort to you! I have a weird tummy too, although it's doing reasonably okay at the moment.

I would suggest soothing foods and herbs. Have you been eating BRAT diet stuff? Ginger tea is an anti-spasmodic as well as anti-nausea, and great with a little honey. "The Natural Pregnancy Book" recommends for indigestion/heartburn: slippery elm lozenges or tea, dandelion root tincture, kudzu root, and for infrequent use for severe heartburn, activated charcoal capsules. Also for a digestive tea she suggests catnip or lemon balm, meadowsweet, chamomile, spearment, fennel or anise seeds, and organic orange peel. In my experience fennel tea has helped me a lot with indigestion.
#3 of 10 Old 02-17-2009, 01:23 AM

My prenatals (Rainbow Light) have pro-biotics in them. I swear it's the best thing ever. Maybe check some of those out?
#4 of 10 Old 02-17-2009, 01:50 AM

Yep, same here. I had the flu on Thursday and then felt mostly better by Saturday, but it seems like that's when ms kicked in, but then I still get stomach pains every night after dinner which seems like it's probably still left over from the flu, not to mention my belly has ballooned up and my belly button is fully popped. weird. Hope you feel better soon!
#5 of 10 Old 02-17-2009, 01:58 PM

Wow, I thought I was the only one with "weird tummy". I've been having it every morning and combined with nausea it is really unpleasant. I was thinking it might have something to do with my prenatal vitamin? I can be sensitive to iron and I know mine has a lot. My first OB appointment is on the 23rd so I'm hoping to stick it out till then and ask my doctor what she thinks might be causing it.

Best wishes, hang in there!

Working mama to a wonderful baby girl. Married to a really sweet guy. Just trying to do my best.

#6 of 10 Old 02-17-2009, 02:39 PM

On Sunday my stomach felt like that. I almost wished I'd have MS just to get it to stop. I tried ginger and crackers and ice cream and just laying down for a while. (Okay, so the ice cream wasn't really on my list of things that help but it was the only thing that looked good.) I felt as though I had just gotten off a merry-go-round but without the dizzyness.

I eventually had an antiacid (Tums chewables) and felt better within minutes. (Please don't tell me they are horrible for baby. I did check a couple sites!)
#7 of 10 Old 02-17-2009, 08:17 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Mine's been that way, too. I swear it wasn't when I was PG with DD. But 4 mornings out of the last 7 I've had cramps and the runs. And this morning I was feeling totally morning sick on top of that, UGH.

I think it's helped to eat early, and my pro-biotic may have helped this morning, too. It's hard to tell.

Erin, mom to DD (1/06) and DS (10/09)
#8 of 10 Old 02-17-2009, 09:44 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks ladies for your advice. I'm still having it. Pretty unpleasant. Today I'm peeing out my tush (tmi, sorry). And the upper intestines are on and off on fire. I'm trying brat - well the "t" part of it, nothing else appeals. And I bought some ginger tea. My hypochondriac concern (of course) is that this is a symptom of something bad.
It does help so much to know that others have some similar symtpoms. Thank goodness for DDC.
#9 of 10 Old 02-17-2009, 11:28 PM

Poep, I'm sorry you still aren't feeling better. I have had those days on and off. The past two days have been better, but it's so uncomfortable. If you aren't taking probiotics, you may want to. You need to make sure your replacing the good bacteria that are being flushed away. Make sure to drink lots and lots of water. I hope you feel better. It's such an awful feeling!

Proud mom of Dylan born 10/10/09
#10 of 10 Old 02-18-2009, 09:56 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks MeredithK. What probiotics do you suggest? I bought rainbow light prenatals yesterday, and they say they have probiotics in them.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page