retitled: I'm probably out. - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-17-2009, 01:44 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I've been having mild cramps for the past week, and they didn't worry me. Then today, they started to feel sharper, though still relatively mild. That made me nervous. So I had some crampbark tincture and they went away. But then I was spotting. The spotting definitely seems normal but on top of the cramping it makes me nervous. Now I'm again having frequent mild cramps, of the non-sharp variety. Rationally I know this is within the realm of normal, but it makes me nervous. (Did I say that already?)

Any commiseration or words of wisdom?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-17-2009, 02:01 AM

I know exactly what you are going through. I had mild cramping, sore uterus and very scant pink spotting twice during this pregnancy for three days each time about 10 days apart. Both times the spotting went away and after the second bout of spotting I started to have m/s and really sore boobs. I feel like everything is fine in there. I understand how uneasy you feel about these symptoms. They made be in the crappiest mood, but they did go away. Just watch out for spotting that gets heavier and worsening cramps. If that doesn't happen then you're in the clear!

Stephanie-33 lucky mama of 5 precious ones: DD-12, DS-9 , DS-6 , and DD-3 and Bridget Alannah  SHE'S ONE NOW! loving wife to DH-38
Old 02-17-2009, 02:58 AM

I've had four pregnancies, with one ending in m/c around 10 weeks. All four have had cramping, and in all four there have been times where I was sure the cramping was telling me that I was m/cing. All but this pg (so far, knock wood ) have had spotting. In all four, there have been times where my symptoms disappeared for a while.

So, IOW, cramping and spotting (as well as symptoms subsiding) are signs that either everything is fine or it isn't. Unfortunately, there's no way to tell how it's going to turn out other than waiting and seeing.

When I got pg the second time (the m/c was my first pg), I realized that all the worrying and stressing and fear that I went through the first time (much of it well in advance of the actual m/c) hadn't helped at all when I lost the baby. I *never* thought to myself, "Wow, it's so lucky that I've been worrying that this might happen! It's so much easier to cope with this way." Instead, the m/c was just as bad, and the time I had spent worrying had just deprived me of the happiness I could have had while things were going well.

Basically, I try (although I frequently fail and end up worrying anyway ) to think of it this way: If a few weeks of pregnancy is all the life this baby will get, I want those weeks to be spent in an atmosphere of love and happiness. I feel like that's the best way for me to honor this baby, in case he/she doesn't make it, and if everything does go well, then there's no need for all the stress anyway.

Lisa , mom to Isaac (9/1/03), Violet (6/19/06), Simon (10/9/09); wife to Eric ; handservant to Grace :
Old 02-17-2009, 07:35 AM - Thread Starter

TortelliniMama, that was beautifully said.

I am actually not a big worrier--I think it was instincts talking, things worsened after I posted. I probably had an mc, and even in the luckiest scenario would have had at least a threatened mc. We'll see. Ultimately with the way this has felt all along I feel that whatever happens will be right, but some rights I would have far preferred over others.
Old 02-17-2009, 11:24 AM

Oh goodness, I'm so sorry.

homeschool.gif mama to DS6modifiedartist.gif and DD1fly-by-nursing1.gif
Old 02-17-2009, 12:29 PM

One by one the days are slipping up behind you ~ One by one the sweetest days of life go by :
-Woodie Guthrie
Old 02-17-2009, 12:39 PM

I wanna hug you Tortellinimama!!!

I had some spotting last week (when AF was due) and I'm trying to remind myself that during the m/c, I had NO spotting. For all of my other pgs (4) I had early spotting, so I'm hoping its normal for me. I also spotted during OV this time, another thing I DIDN"T have happen for Zoe's pg.

So, maybe this is your body's version of 'normal.' Hoping for the best for you!

Jen

Jen-loving Bill, mama to Teryn 18, Kalyn 16, Ricky 13, Natalie 5, Angel Zoe '07 and rainbow1284.gifAmelia Rae 22 mos bonus kids (dss) W 14, W 13 NEW grandbaby due 10/10/11

Old 02-17-2009, 01:08 PM

Sphinxie, I'm so sorry things aren't looking good for you.

Lisa , mom to Isaac (9/1/03), Violet (6/19/06), Simon (10/9/09); wife to Eric ; handservant to Grace :
Old 02-17-2009, 02:27 PM

I spotted with my son, way too late for implantation bleeding, and I had no insurance so I didn't think I could do anything, so I waited it out. Obviously it turned out to be nothing, because he's running around with an apple, and watching Thomas the Tank Engine right now.

So lay down, take it easy, and call your OB or MW.

And baby, stay in there! It's too early, let your mama buy you some some clothes first or you'll get cold!
Old 02-18-2009, 07:43 PM

Sphinxie, Hi! from the old NMY thread. I'm sorry things aren't going well for you. Has anything changed?

I have also been spotting since Saturday (Valentine's day - what a gift ). I have an u/s scheduled for Friday, and I'm expecting bad news.

Wife to J. Mama to DD(3yo) & DS(1yo)
Old 02-18-2009, 09:01 PM

At 6 weeks I am still crampy on and off.. I was with my first pregnancy too.
I hope everything is okay with your babe!

All natural Mama to Keira 6/1/07, Israel 10/10/ 09, Nairi 04/01/2011, and #4 March 2013

Old 02-18-2009, 09:04 PM

Sphinxie any news? Are you okay?

Stephanie-33 lucky mama of 5 precious ones: DD-12, DS-9 , DS-6 , and DD-3 and Bridget Alannah  SHE'S ONE NOW! loving wife to DH-38
Old 02-19-2009, 02:59 AM

hope all is ok

mama to callum (april 8,07) and everett (sept 24,09) - blessed to be married to my life's love since '98. novaxnocirc.gif

Old 02-19-2009, 03:52 AM

Hoping all is well with your little bean!

I have spotted and cramped with my DS, then I has a M/C then cramped with DDs, then this time spotting and cramping again (u/s was great though). It's hard not to worry but as long as you aren't bleeding red it's not a huge cause for concern. My thoughts are with you!

Lucia , Poly )O( Lactation Counseling mama lady.gifvbac.gifto 5 yo Goobersuperhero.gif and 3 1/2 yo MZ twins twins.gif Peanut and Sweetpea and 1yo Pumpkinbabyf.gif mmm placenta.gif
Old 02-19-2009, 03:55 AM

I hope everything is going better for you. If it's any comfort, I had spotting all through my pregnancies. With my second daughter, I had a severe bleeding episode at 8 weeks that was very similar to a m/c. I went to the er - they even said I was m/c'ing. But,she's sitting here with me right now watching Tom & Jerry. Try to take it easy. Wishing you good news on your upcoming u/s!

Charlize, married to DH 4/12/04. Mom to DD1 (4/2005) dust.gif, DD2 (3/2007) blowkiss.gif, and DD3 (10/2009) bouncy.gif, and DD4 (6/2011) energy.gif.

Old 02-19-2009, 01:45 PM

I hope it is not what you fear

User Tag List