Salt & Vinegar chips are my friend - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 26 Old 02-20-2009, 01:42 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
YUM! I read online that they help some women with Morning sickness because of the tartness/sour flavor. So I had DH pick me up a bag last night and I ate some this morning and they really do go down well! I didnt really feel like eating them, they didnt sound good but I forced a few down and I am feeling well. . . . Just thought I would put that out there. .
#2 of 26 Old 02-20-2009, 01:49 PM

You are making my mouth water! I've had such terrible cravings for potato chips.
#3 of 26 Old 02-20-2009, 01:52 PM - Thread Starter

GIVE IN TO THE CRAVING. . . you know you want it. . Actually I read that potatoes are good for morning sickness cause they are a "comfort" food to your stomach. Try some and see if they dont go down well.
#4 of 26 Old 02-20-2009, 01:53 PM

LOVE those things.

We've been through 2 bags in the past week. This could be very bad.

Monica, mom to Lilly (7) and Carter (4) and rainbow baby Elsa (11/27/10).
#5 of 26 Old 02-20-2009, 01:54 PM

I had heard that potato chips were good for MS too-something about the salt and the crunchiness... It's supposed to increase your appetite, too, so that you can eat more. I'm not sure if that works or not. I had some jalapeno chips last night and they went down quite well, but I didn't want to eat more afterward. I'll try the salt and vinegar, too. Right now really sour things seem to work for me, I just can't eat anything sweet, savory, or creamy. So, pretty much potato chips, brown rice, bagels, or pasta are about it! I hope this part ends soon so I can be happy about being pregnant again

Brin, wife to my best friend , mother of three . and now homeschooling!!!
#6 of 26 Old 02-20-2009, 02:00 PM

I've not had trouble eating or keeping anything down and I should really avoid salt so I'm resisting the call of the chips. Sigh. I totally get pickle craving now though. Salty-goodness disguised as a green vegetable. Perfect.
#7 of 26 Old 02-20-2009, 02:02 PM

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Interesting, during the 1st trimester of my last pregnancy, salt & vinegar chips were one of my hugest cravings. I'd ask dh to bring another bag home from work & just sit there salivating til he got home.

Hmm, they DO sound really good. And I AM going grocery shopping today.... :

North Idaho rural living  mama to: 23 yo DD, 16 yo DS, 8 yo DS, 6 yo DS, 4 yr old DS, 2 yo DD, and 1 yo DS. And someone new coming this Christmas!
#8 of 26 Old 02-20-2009, 02:14 PM

those are my fav. yummo

Heathertreehugger.gif
Mama to 5 (b17,b11,b9,g6,b4)

Our Final Addition stork-suprise.gifarriving in Mid June 2014

#9 of 26 Old 02-20-2009, 02:18 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by brinalicious View Post
I had heard that potato chips were good for MS too-something about the salt and the crunchiness... It's supposed to increase your appetite, too, so that you can eat more. I'm not sure if that works or not. I had some jalapeno chips last night and they went down quite well, but I didn't want to eat more afterward. I'll try the salt and vinegar, too. Right now really sour things seem to work for me, I just can't eat anything sweet, savory, or creamy. So, pretty much potato chips, brown rice, bagels, or pasta are about it! I hope this part ends soon so I can be happy about being pregnant again
Yeah I notice that I eat more chips then anything else. I have been eating alot of strawberries and green apples but only small pieces at a time through out the day. But when I eat the salt & vinegar chips I want to eat more chips. Must be something to it.
#10 of 26 Old 02-20-2009, 04:41 PM

oh man, just what I need is another craving! This time I am craving salt...which I usually despise. It's GOT to be a boy! My other pregnancies I wanted nothing to do with anything salty.

Jill, mama to three fiery girlies and a sweet baby boy: Grace, 11.30.2005,  Ayla, 3.22.2008, Norah 9.5.09, Reed 8.19.11 & dfs Gage 2.29.12   angel1.gif x4

#11 of 26 Old 02-20-2009, 05:13 PM

I had regular potato chips last week with onion dip and they were surprisingly appetizing. My mom is on her way over to hang out with the kiddos and I might go run some errands if I feel up to it - this will include a trip to the healthfood store for real gingerale and kettle S&V chips.

One by one the days are slipping up behind you ~ One by one the sweetest days of life go by :
-Woodie Guthrie
#12 of 26 Old 02-20-2009, 06:16 PM

Oh yum!!

homeschool.gif mama to DS6modifiedartist.gif and DD1fly-by-nursing1.gif
#13 of 26 Old 02-20-2009, 06:23 PM

I just sent DH out to get some Salt and Vin chips. I can't wait. LOL

Heathertreehugger.gif
Mama to 5 (b17,b11,b9,g6,b4)

Our Final Addition stork-suprise.gifarriving in Mid June 2014

#14 of 26 Old 02-20-2009, 07:34 PM

That is interesting because I had a sauerkraut feast last night and today and also, tangerine juice- asked hubby to pick some more up for me today. I mentioned to another preg friend about my icky "metal mouth" last night and she told me that sour foods like pickles/vinegar helps a lot with that! sooo, I wonder if it's all related. Our sour foods cravings and that dread metal mouth. Ick!

I say, go with the cravings...unless you have blood pressure issues, then avoid the salty cravings :0)

: totally in love , vegan & mountain dwelling mama to my girls ❤ 5.2003 & 10.2009 ❤
#15 of 26 Old 02-21-2009, 12:02 AM

liking this idea
s&v chips have always been one of my fave junk foods and i am feeling really nauseated right now

mama to callum (april 8,07) and everett (sept 24,09) - blessed to be married to my life's love since '98. novaxnocirc.gif

#16 of 26 Old 02-21-2009, 12:08 AM

Thanks for another craving! lol jk I actually have a bunch of chips and none are seem very appetizing to me right now. Salt and vinegar sounds really good though, practically the only kind I don't have. lol

I was craving pickled eggs so I made some and ate way too many and was sooooo sick all day today because of it. Learned my lesson!

Jamie, busy Mama to my sweet little O Man, loving wife to Brian, and very excited about our new addition, the J Man, here after ourh20homebirth.gif
                                                   Unexpectedly expecting a new little one in November!!!belly.gif
#17 of 26 Old 02-21-2009, 12:27 AM

Bleck. I used to love them, but this morning they made me

Jen-loving Bill, mama to Teryn 18, Kalyn 16, Ricky 13, Natalie 5, Angel Zoe '07 and rainbow1284.gifAmelia Rae 22 mos bonus kids (dss) W 14, W 13 NEW grandbaby due 10/10/11

#18 of 26 Old 02-21-2009, 05:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinnamongrl View Post
That is interesting because I had a sauerkraut feast last night and today and also, tangerine juice- asked hubby to pick some more up for me today. I mentioned to another preg friend about my icky "metal mouth" last night and she told me that sour foods like pickles/vinegar helps a lot with that! sooo, I wonder if it's all related. Our sour foods cravings and that dread metal mouth. Ick!

I say, go with the cravings...unless you have blood pressure issues, then avoid the salty cravings :0)
I always get metal mouth after I eat antacids, like tums, so then I just have to deal with it or eat some with acid. It's a vicious cycle.

Andrea, 22, wife to DH Chase, 27, parents to 2 wonderful dog2.gif, one cat.gif,  expecting our rainbow1284.gifstork-boy.gif, Roman, in mid-August.
#19 of 26 Old 02-21-2009, 08:55 AM

Ohh, I am going to pick up some of these. I don't really have ms, but my diet is super limited because of an allergic nursling and I don't get to eat anything that is convenient and fun. I am dropping weight, so a few potato chips is not going to hurt me at all :

Beth

Beth wife to Tom and mommy to Therese 11/4/04 Anna Mary 6/15/07 and Veronica 10/20/09
#20 of 26 Old 02-21-2009, 07:29 PM

i just had a few and i do feel a bit better. maybe i can finally get some work done now!

hope it keeps working - thanks for the tip

mama to callum (april 8,07) and everett (sept 24,09) - blessed to be married to my life's love since '98. novaxnocirc.gif

#21 of 26 Old 02-23-2009, 05:00 PM

Ooh, I haven't had those in years! I used to LOVE them... I'll have to see if they have some nice organic ones at the store or something.
#22 of 26 Old 02-23-2009, 06:31 PM

I don't have m/s, but I picked some up for a treat. What a treat!! I had to buy the Kettle brand (I think that was the brand) because they were the only ones at the store that didn't have lactose (can't have dairy because of nursling). Oh man, they were so delish! Can't get them too often, though. A whole bag has about 1000 calories, and I really think I could eat a whole bag. I had good will power this time, but can't see myself being that good in the future :

Beth wife to Tom and mommy to Therese 11/4/04 Anna Mary 6/15/07 and Veronica 10/20/09
#23 of 26 Old 02-25-2009, 12:18 PM

I successfully resisted salt and vinegar chips twice. I even had them in my basket and put them back on the shelf. But yesterday I saw Pringles brand on sale and had one of those full face craving and my mouth literally watered. Sigh.
#24 of 26 Old 02-25-2009, 01:39 PM

I have discovered salt and vinegar rice cakes.....a bit strange. but yeah....nice.
#25 of 26 Old 02-26-2009, 04:25 PM

I picked up a great big bag of the Kettle ones for my car trip tomorrow. I'm forcing myself not to eat them right now. I hope they live up to my expectations, I haven't tried this brand before.

(Speaking of cravings, the black-eyed peas I had today were the BEST THING EVER with salt on them.)
#26 of 26 Old 02-26-2009, 04:55 PM

My cravings: anything fatty. Last night I actually dreamed about eating biscuits and gravy!

Kristal: Now an at-home mama to my Doodle and my Roo and partner to my love .
15/52 craft projects completed in 2010.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page