Anyone else's hair turned to total crud? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 13 Old 02-20-2009, 06:15 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My hair sucks, I mean it is bad. When I was pg with DD it turned curly and had been straight as a stick my whole life. Then pg got beautiful wavy hair and it grew and grew, from short to shoulder length in my pregnancy(which is great for me). I actually had longer hair for me.

Well not this time, it is gross, straggly, stringy and my curls that I was blessed with are falling out. It's a freaking mess and it also is gross and greasy-yuck. I had to change shampoo because my hydrating shampoo was making it really gross.

I'm getting it cut on Tuesday-I can't handle this. I'm a hairstylist you'd think I'd know what to do, but I am at a loss. It's just never been so weird.

Me Wife to T (14 years)Mama to Princess(4) and Monster Boy(my 1 year old ):
#2 of 13 Old 02-20-2009, 06:28 PM

My hair has been a little blah lately too.
I was just thinking that I should go in and have it cut and see if I can bring it back to life some!

Busy Mom raising 5 kiddos, 7, 6, 5, 2  and a brand new bundle!! (5/15/11)  cd.gifribbonpb.gifnovaxnoIRC.gif

#3 of 13 Old 02-20-2009, 06:47 PM

When I was preg with DS, my hair was awful. It was dry, brittle, stringy and coarse. I got lots of split ends no matter how often I trimmed it. Nasty, nasty hair. I hated my pg hair, especially with everyone else was loving their silky, glossy hair.

This time, so far, there's been no real change in my hair. Time will tell though!
#4 of 13 Old 02-20-2009, 09:21 PM

Mine sucks right now too, sucks bad! I need to get a trim but I'm not sure that will totally remedy the situation. i'm envious of the mamas with the lovely, long, shiny hair. I want it too!!!!

One by one the days are slipping up behind you ~ One by one the sweetest days of life go by :
-Woodie Guthrie
#5 of 13 Old 02-21-2009, 12:32 AM

I have fuzzy dishscrubber hair anyway. I only shampoo once/week; otherwise, I rinse it out with conditioner every day and then use conditioner as a styling product. I've almost gotten it down to 'managable' and now BOOM I get preggo and I look like Ronald McDonald after a rough all-nighter with Grimace and Birdy.

Jen-loving Bill, mama to Teryn 18, Kalyn 16, Ricky 13, Natalie 5, Angel Zoe '07 and rainbow1284.gifAmelia Rae 22 mos bonus kids (dss) W 14, W 13 NEW grandbaby due 10/10/11

#6 of 13 Old 02-21-2009, 03:02 AM

Since I have been pregnant, my hair is like 10x better than it's been recently. It's wavy and soft and shiny, I hope it stays like this. It normally grows pretty fast, but I'm hoping it will grow quite a bit during the pregnancy.

Andrea, 22, wife to DH Chase, 27, parents to 2 wonderful dog2.gif, one cat.gif,  expecting our rainbow1284.gifstork-boy.gif, Roman, in mid-August.
#7 of 13 Old 02-21-2009, 06:37 PM

I just had my hair cut off like Farah Fath's about a week before I found out I was pregnant. For those first few days, it was so easy to fix, did just exactly what it was supposed to do. Now, it lies flat. It looks greasy all the time. It's just eww. My natural curls which help with volume for this hairstyle have fallen out. I also have cowlicks in my hair, for the first time since I was a young child!

When I was pregnant with my daughters, I never had hair problems. This one is wreaking havoc on my hair. But then again, I had long hair while I was pregnant with them.

Needless to say, I think I'm gonna let my hair grow out long again (if it can during this pregnancy) or just wear a wig. Either option sounds great, but the wig idea at this point is seeming awesome!

Charlize, married to DH 4/12/04. Mom to DD1 (4/2005) dust.gif, DD2 (3/2007) blowkiss.gif, and DD3 (10/2009) bouncy.gif, and DD4 (6/2011) energy.gif.

#8 of 13 Old 02-22-2009, 02:17 PM

Ugh, me too. My hair looks greasy and gross just a few hours after I wash it. My skin isn't much better

Stephanie, Mama to five beautiful kids, wife to J

#9 of 13 Old 02-22-2009, 02:34 PM

Mine's *VERY* greasy. I can't handle it. I actually went and got a cut yesterday, but I don't like it very much and that plus the pregnancy hormones was probably a mistake!

Last time I was pregnant, I developed allergies to 2 of our shampoos and had probably 20 sores on my scalp, so this time, at least, it's a step up.

Monica, mom to Lilly (7) and Carter (4) and rainbow baby Elsa (11/27/10).
#10 of 13 Old 02-27-2009, 01:00 PM

Heeey, yeah, my hair has been yucky lately too--it never occurred to me what might be causing it. it's like, too oily or something.....i switched shampoos and got like 10 inches cut off.....and NOW i find the reason why it looks blah!

Freethinking Earth-mama of five. uc.jpg

#11 of 13 Old 02-27-2009, 01:07 PM - Thread Starter

Well I got mine cut and it is much better, changing shampoo helped immensely also. I switched to a daily shampoo and the cut gave it a style. I should try and post a pic on the belly thread.

Me Wife to T (14 years)Mama to Princess(4) and Monster Boy(my 1 year old ):
#12 of 13 Old 02-27-2009, 01:11 PM

My hair has been icky, too. I was at a point where I was loving my hair, because it was soft and shiny and bouncy. But now it's dull, hard and stringy. Hmph.

Taylor, committed to my Soldier. Lovin' my boys. Gabriel ('05) , Xavier ('07) and Mason ('09). Proud HBAC mama x 2.
#13 of 13 Old 02-27-2009, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boobs4milk View Post
I've almost gotten it down to 'managable' and now BOOM I get preggo and I look like Ronald McDonald after a rough all-nighter with Grimace and Birdy.
: Sorry, I couldn't let this one get by without notice. Lovely mental image!

Kristal: Now an at-home mama to my Doodle and my Roo and partner to my love .
15/52 craft projects completed in 2010.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page