Sooooo, what's on your to do lists? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-28-2009, 12:38 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Learn to be a better mom.

We had a terrible day today. Terrible. Awful. Pregnancy hormones aren't helping me in my quest to be a good mom. I'm so regretful of the day I had with my daughter - the afternoon really - that I feel unworthy of the two kids I have, let alone the one on the way.

Monica, mom to Lilly (7) and Carter (4) and rainbow baby Elsa (11/27/10).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-28-2009, 02:22 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Oh man, I'm sorry to hear you had such a crappy afternoon, Monica. We can only learn from our mistakes & move on, right? I hope you can find peace asap & feel better.

North Idaho rural living  mama to: 23 yo DD, 16 yo DS, 8 yo DS, 6 yo DS, 4 yr old DS, 2 yo DD, and 1 yo DS. And someone new coming this Christmas!
Old 02-28-2009, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFuglei View Post

We had a terrible day today. Terrible. Awful. Pregnancy hormones aren't helping me in my quest to be a good mom. I'm so regretful of the day I had with my daughter - the afternoon really - that I feel unworthy of the two kids I have, let alone the one on the way.
I'm sorry I bet we've all had those moments. It is really really tough to be a good mom while in the 1st trimester. That's how I feel about it. It will get better.

Wife to the man I never expected, DS born at home '07, '08, baby girl born at home Oct '09!
Old 02-28-2009, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFuglei View Post

I've had a few of those days. DH actually had to stay home from work one day after me calling him crying day after day and DD just being crazy. I felt so unworthy and how would I take care of another child when I can't even handle my one? Needless to say mine was from utter exhaustion and needing to sleep, it's just so hard to be understanding when you need sleep. I plopped DD on the couch and it kinda scared her, I felt so bad. I talked to my Dad and Stepmom about just having such a hard time, they offered to take DD and have me call them at work, so one of them could come help me if necessary. I have had a few bad days. The sickness, tiredness and irritability are fading away....I hope that I can be a good mommy, I've been feeling much better about the whole thing.

Me Wife to T (14 years)Mama to Princess(4) and Monster Boy(my 1 year old ):
Old 02-28-2009, 02:42 PM

Honestly, I'm not planning much. I still keep forgetting I'm pregnant. I guess that happens with 4 other ones running around and keeping me busy.

I spent last night in the ER with my 3 year old because she kept screaming and crying and holding her head. She just couldn't calm herself down and nothing was working. Turns out she has a nasty ear infection. By the time we got home, my others were starting to wake up... and well..no sleep for me last night. LOL

treehugger.gifAutistic pagan mama with five kiddos on the spectrum, learning through living life. autismribbon.gif  computergeek2.gif

Old 02-28-2009, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nature View Post
Honestly, I'm not planning much. I still keep forgetting I'm pregnant. I guess that happens with 4 other ones running around and keeping me busy.

I spent last night in the ER with my 3 year old because she kept screaming and crying and holding her head. She just couldn't calm herself down and nothing was working. Turns out she has a nasty ear infection. By the time we got home, my others were starting to wake up... and well..no sleep for me last night. LOL
UGH. I am so sorry.

Wife to the man I never expected, DS born at home '07, '08, baby girl born at home Oct '09!
Old 02-28-2009, 03:18 PM

Thanks guys. I'm feeling a bit better today.

My daughter's had pink eye all week and my son has been screaming/whining non stop for days - there's something going on with him. To top it off, *I* have an ear infection and an infection in my lymph nodes from a cold sore I got 3 weeks ago, so I'm physically miserable and drained from first tri. I know that all adds up to a really worn-out mama, but still. Yesterday was terrible. Today's not shaping up to be too much better, but my husband took the kids swimming for the morning, so they'll be worn out and happy and I have a few hours of quiet.

It helps to hear that others *get* it though.

Sorry to hear about your night, Nature. . . hopefully your DD will be better soon.

Thank you all for letting me get this off my chest. Ugh. I just feel horrible about the other day. I know I need to let it go and move forward, but ugh.

Monica, mom to Lilly (7) and Carter (4) and rainbow baby Elsa (11/27/10).
Old 03-01-2009, 02:39 AM

my list:

--try not to think about pregnancy/baby stuff too much until May!

i keep getting these mad urges to go pick out an amber teething necklace, or check out those cool baby hammock sites, or even just spending too much brain-active time on here!

i really need to focus on work and school until may--at the rate i'm going, i will be pulling all-nighters to get my stuff done, and that simply does not work, what with the zombie-tiredness of the 1st trimester! Gaaaah...

Freethinking Earth-mama of five. uc.jpg

Old 03-02-2009, 08:34 PM

Believe me, we've all had those horrible days of not feeling good about how we mothered. But the good days way outweigh the bad, and we need to be easy on ourselves and our loved ones. Easier said than done, right? I am silently fuming that my idiot husband deleted 6 months of pictures off the digital camera before confirming that the download to the computer took. Of course, it didn't take, and now I am out my Thanksgiving, DD's Bday, Christmas and other random shots that are gone for good. Of course, it's my fault that I let 200 pictures sit there on the camera and be lazy about getting them developed! And he wants me to save money by not getting prints! :

Guess I want to go out and buy another baby sling! Hard to resist those mad urges!

Mama to : Savannah (12/16/2002) & Bruen (3/19/2005). The H = Jason :
Baby #3 Drake (10/21/2009) :
Old 03-02-2009, 09:11 PM

Waiting until first doctor's appointment in a week and a half!

Birthed a beautiful baby boy, Ethan, 11/11/09.

User Tag List