Sooooo, what's on your to do lists? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 40 Old 02-20-2009, 09:32 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
What are you all up to? Wandering around like a zombie between naps? :yawning: Writing complete outlines of your plans for the next 7-8 months? Just praying the belly bean sticks? : Journaling? Ordering your birth kits already? Obsessively stalking the current ddc & getting teary eyed over birth stories & newborn pictures? Just trying to survive the nasty first trimester? Freaking out with shock/joy/every emotion at once?

C'mon, what's on your to do list, or is writing one the first thing on your list?

:

North Idaho rural living  mama to: 23 yo DD, 16 yo DS, 8 yo DS, 6 yo DS, 4 yr old DS, 2 yo DD, and 1 yo DS. And someone new coming this Christmas!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 40 Old 02-20-2009, 09:55 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm trying to be chill and get through the next six(ish) weeks of morning sickness. For me first trimester is not a time for many plans. I'll make a MW appointment sometime in the next month. Other than that I'm waiting for spring and a time I'll feel more connected to my baby, loving on my kids and man, dreaming and growing.

What about you, zjande?

Boys: 12/94, 1/99, 11/03, 6/11. Girls: 11/06, 10/09, 12/12 2ndtri.gif

#3 of 40 Old 02-20-2009, 10:03 PM

I'm seasick all the time and sometimes I round that off with a nice headache. I'm pretty much doing the bare minimum right now and trying to eat well, get a little exercise and fresh air daily, and pay attention to my family. Cleaning the house is not a top priority yet, but it will be. You know the major kind of clean out where you go through all the closets and vacuum behind and underneath everything? Yeah I'll be saving that for the second trimester.

What is everyone else up to?

Stephanie-33 lucky mama of 5 precious ones: DD-12, DS-9 , DS-6 , and DD-3 and Bridget Alannah  SHE'S ONE NOW! loving wife to DH-38
#4 of 40 Old 02-20-2009, 10:05 PM

Trying to make it through the day without getting sick. So far so good today but I still feel crappy even if I haven't thrown up yet. I'm so happy for this baby but honestly, the first trimester is incredibly hard for me and I feel like a crappy mom right now.

One by one the days are slipping up behind you ~ One by one the sweetest days of life go by :
-Woodie Guthrie
#5 of 40 Old 02-20-2009, 10:24 PM

I'm just trying to shake off the tired feeling right now... and the guilty feeling of letting my kids watch alot of movies so I can put my feet up on the couch.

At home mommy to Paige 2004, Sydney 2006 and Cole 2009 :
#6 of 40 Old 02-20-2009, 10:40 PM

well we know what YOU are doing aubrey.

I'm just trying to get through the day-to-day. We're busy with the new house going up this spring, and dd2 turning one next month (TRYING to get her a bday outfit made!) AND we're still recovering from a major illness and the death of my nephew. So ya. Looking forward to the next trimester!

One thing I'm doing way too much of is craving salty food...

Jill, mama to three fiery girlies and a sweet baby boy: Grace, 11.30.2005,  Ayla, 3.22.2008, Norah 9.5.09, Reed 8.19.11 & dfs Gage 2.29.12   angel1.gif x4

#7 of 40 Old 02-20-2009, 10:58 PM

1) Getting enough rest, and enough food, to support 3 growing ppl!

2) Finishing my DS2's pregnancy and first year memory book - errr I mean starting it, I have a book and lots of pics and stuff but the actual putting together part I haven't tackled yet

3) Spend lots of quality time with my toddler and my almost 6 yr old.

4) Buying a reliable, comfortable infant sling (maybe a hotsling?) and tandem stroller at some point

5) Sweet-talking someone into fixing the leaky pipe under my garden tub so I can use it for a birth pool - also figuring out where I'm going to put all the baby stuff I'm currently storing in there

6) Probably going to have to buy some maternity clothes in a summer style, seeing that most of mine are winter clothes

7) Hopefully making some stellar progress on my thesis. This is going to be the second baby I've had since starting grad school in Aug 2007!

nak.gif Mommy to fencing.gifKai 2/03, hammer.gifCaden 1/08, energy.gif Kara 10/09, angel1.gif 3/21/13, &

rainbow1284.gif baby.gif  Cole 2/3/14 ♡ Happily unmarried to geek.gif Papa since 2002 ♡

~We may not have it all together  but together we have it all~ uc.jpgsaynovax.gifgoorganic.jpgintactivist.giflactivist.gif 

#8 of 40 Old 02-20-2009, 10:58 PM

It's not even remotely real enough for me to do anything other than catch a nap when I can.

I'm really only tired. Mildly nauseated a few times a day... and that's it. I was like this with DS, too. It didn't get real for me until he started squirming around in there.

So aside from getting on top of selecting my midwife (which I'm pretty sure I have done, just need to follow up), I'm not doing a *darn* thing to prepare for this babe until... Oh... I don't know... Sept?

No nursery to set up, as we co sleep. NO clothes to buy regardless of gender, as I have DS's clothes and/or a niece's handmedowns. I might have to buy an extra mattress if I can't convince DS to sleep on his mattress next to our bed for the babe and I to share, but that's it until it's crunch time.

That's nice and relaxing.

ETA: Oh! Perhaps I'll start diaper making?
#9 of 40 Old 02-20-2009, 11:16 PM

Not much. I've been trying to learn how to eat well again - my diet's gone to heck in the past week or so. So working on getting back into baking breads, making granola, having decent food on hand to snack on instead of ordering really bad pizza and hotwings for lunch.

Other than that, I'm just waiting out until our first appointment. I'll start doing some more stuff once we get out of the first trimester, I think.

Monica, mom to Lilly (7) and Carter (4) and rainbow baby Elsa (11/27/10).
#10 of 40 Old 02-20-2009, 11:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leilamus View Post
Trying to make it through the day without getting sick. So far so good today but I still feel crappy even if I haven't thrown up yet. I'm so happy for this baby but honestly, the first trimester is incredibly hard for me and I feel like a crappy mom right now.
:

day by day
i work from home and have barely gotten the minimum done
i hope i don't feel like this for 1/2 my pregnancy like last time
so no plans other than taking things one day at a time and sometimes even one hour at a time

mama to callum (april 8,07) and everett (sept 24,09) - blessed to be married to my life's love since '98. novaxnocirc.gif

#11 of 40 Old 02-21-2009, 01:17 AM

Let's see...
I definitely have been stalking our DDC! Sometimes I feel like the biggest loser because I sign on here ALL the time...just to see what you gals are chatting about. Not many of my friends know yet (just the close ones), so coming here and chatting about things has been my crack!!

I've also been journaling. I have a promise to myself that I will give each of my children a journal about my pregnancy with them. With my first, the journal went from day#1 up until she was 1yo. That's my goal this time too.

DH and I just bought a house, so we are definitely busy with that! It's a two-family home originally built in 1817. It's got amazing character, and it sits on 6 acres. This is great because I want some goats and chickens and ducks soon. We also LOVE to garden, so recently I've been designing our new garden in my head. : The only problem is that our rental side HAS to be ready by March, and I'm affraid I've been very little help with all the work that needs to be done. Since I found out I am preggers I've been pretty much a zombie, just like you said zjande.

My ultimate goal is to have everything totally unpacked, organized, and to have a garage sale before little bean comes along!

*Meag* SAHM to two girls 6 & 3 and our new little boy!! namaste.gif
#12 of 40 Old 02-21-2009, 01:24 AM

1. Picking a midwife - Done! First prenatal next week.
2. Blogging - On going project
3. Renovating the master bathroom
4. Buying newborn diapers
5. Buying a King sized mattress
6. Getting more exercise
7. Quality time with my son and hubby

Mama to a sweet baby boy (01/18/08), wife to a sweet and loving husband, blogger:, swimmer:, reader of all things and future IBCLC. Waiting zenfully for my spirit baby to return!
#13 of 40 Old 02-21-2009, 01:33 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Well, in between naps & zombiedom :yawning: I eat. Then, I eat some more. Then I surf the current ddc & get teary over newborn pictures. : I write a lot in my pregnancy journals when I'm pregnant. Otherwise, I tried to write a list of things to do & purchase before the baby comes but it was a little disappointing because I already have nearly everything we need. We've been worried about hyperinflation coming so last summer I was a yard sale maniac & stocked up on clothes & shoes for the kids for years. But it was mostly all boys clothes, so this spring I'll go stock up on girl's clothes.... just in case.

North Idaho rural living  mama to: 23 yo DD, 16 yo DS, 8 yo DS, 6 yo DS, 4 yr old DS, 2 yo DD, and 1 yo DS. And someone new coming this Christmas!
#14 of 40 Old 02-21-2009, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leilamus View Post
Yeah that. Just trying to survive the first trimester. I hate this part of pregnancy. I feel awful and just want it to be over so I can get on with life. Everything makes me gag, I can't cook, can't eat well, am too sick to exercise... yada yada yada... I didn't feel good till about 20-25 weeks with my first so hoping it doesn't last that long. Its so hard to take care of a toddler feeling like this.
We also need to figure out if we are going with the doc office that I had Keira with or if we are going to go with some midwives and maybe a birthing center or home birth. We go to meet them in 2 weeks so hopefully soon I can cross that off my list.

All natural Mama to Keira 6/1/07, Israel 10/10/ 09, Nairi 04/01/2011, and #4 March 2013

#15 of 40 Old 02-21-2009, 10:04 AM

I'm not suffering too badly from m/s or fatigue at this point (at least compared to how bad it was with DS). I've started a to-do list that will most likely take me until Oct!!
- Find a midwife (hopefully we've found "the one" - meeting with her on Tues)
- Tell the family and arrange who comes when (my poor mom still thinks she coming with us to Puerto Rico in Oct to watch DS while DH and I attend a work conference)
- Sewing projects out the wazoo - fitted diapers & wool covers, sheets, sleepers, post-partum cloth pads for me, summer PJs for DS, slip-cover for glider and footstool, etc.
- Rethink the fall crops I had planned for the garden...
- Turn the office into a nursery (this is not critical to get done by Oct since well cosleep for a while before this bean moves into his/her own room, but it would be nice to have a room set-up with changing table and dresser and rocking chair at least)
- Deep clean the house so it's not filthy for the homebirth (trying to convince DH to let me hire maid service for the month before the due date.... but he's not going for it )
- Think of something fun to do with DS as a treat right before or after the baby comes to give him something to look forward to and hopefully stem some of the jealousy that I'm sure when ensue!
#16 of 40 Old 02-21-2009, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenyd View Post
7) Hopefully making some stellar progress on my thesis. This is going to be the second baby I've had since starting grad school in Aug 2007!
Good luck, mama! I know how that goes! I had DS while I was trying to finish grad school. Things slowed down after he was born, but I did eventually get my PhD. I couldn't have handled two during grad school though; DS is just now starting to outgrow his high-needs infancy and toddlerhood. Seriously, I was ready to get my tubes tied by the time he was 1! DH convinced me to wait and see. We agreed that we wouldn't even contemplate #2 until (1) I finished grad school, (2) DS started consistently sleeping through the night, and (3) DS was PL'ed. We finally hit all 3 of those this past summer, and DH was right that things looked much rosier with PhD in hand, plenty of sleep and a PL'ed kiddo!
#17 of 40 Old 02-21-2009, 10:14 AM

Omg, I feel like I have so much to do until October its not even funny. We were in the middle of trying to remodel our bathroom (everything but the tub/shower) when we concieved. It still needs a lot of work done with it and painting. The shutters need to be taken off the house and painted, they are really faded. Spring planting. I would like a new dishwasher installed (we dont have one and it is not fun.) Steam clean the carpet in the house, I dont like doing it bc of having to move all the furniture and trying to keep the dog of the wet carpet, haha. The trim on the garage really needs to be painted too. Stuff like that. Right now I cant even keep little stuff clean in the house or get the laundry done, I am just so tired and nauseous on and off, and we all have really bad colds.

I have some things to do that I am looking forward to, like shopping . Knitting, stocking up on cute little diapers. We are going camping this summer with friends. I am looking forward to spending this summer doing awesome stuff with Ds before the baby comes. I am finishing up my doula certification with DONA, so I'll be wrapping up the last couple things there as well.

homeschool.gif mama to DS6modifiedartist.gif and DD1fly-by-nursing1.gif
#18 of 40 Old 02-21-2009, 10:16 AM

Figuring out what dd#2 and I are eating at our next meal.

Beth wife to Tom and mommy to Therese 11/4/04 Anna Mary 6/15/07 and Veronica 10/20/09
#19 of 40 Old 02-21-2009, 10:29 AM

I'm just taking one day at a time right now.

One thing I won't have to do is gather birth supplies. I was a transport last birth so I still have a tote full of goodies. I'll probably just need so odds and ends.

Heathertreehugger.gif
Mama to 5 (b17,b11,b9,g6,b4)

Our Final Addition stork-suprise.gifarriving in Mid June 2014

#20 of 40 Old 02-21-2009, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therese's Mommy View Post
Figuring out what dd#2 and I are eating at our next meal.
i only have to think of dh and me. every time he asks what i want i promptly tell him i hate food and then he goes through a list until i find something i can stomach. this has really thrown off our budgeting (pre-pg. we were doing well planning out meals for the week, but that's all out the window right now). i'm trying to eat well (easier said then done) and exercise (mostly walking).

Angel (30), dh (31) (kd to H. 4/25/07 & K. 5/23/11), Vladimir 10/17/09 & Nikolai 7/6/11

#21 of 40 Old 02-21-2009, 11:23 AM

Oh my goodness, what HAVENT I been doing yet? Lol. This is our first and we are so excited and have been wanting a baby for a while and i am a planner so I have list all over the place.
- Picked my midwife and have a appointment scheduled with her the end of March.
-Painted the nursery over christmas break and then hung the wallpaper when we found out I was pregnant a few weeks ago. Now I am preparing for a yard sale this spring to clean out the "nursery" which is at the moment a storage room.
-Painting T shirts that say "This is what the worlds coolest Uncle/Aunt looks like" to give to our siblings to tell them were expecting.
-Excitedly looking for Cloth diapers since DH said I could cloth diaper Babe!!
#22 of 40 Old 02-21-2009, 01:07 PM

Well, here's my short list:
1. We're moving on March 24th, so starting to pack up for that.
2. Making a list with my SIL of items we should get for the newborn (minus items she has that we can borrow).
3. Experimenting with things that will keep me non-nauseated so I can function when I have to go to work on Monday night.
4. Meet and greet with some homebirth midwives--especially the one who's opening a birth center here in June.

Mama to P. born at home 10/09, and W. born in the hospital 2/13

#23 of 40 Old 02-21-2009, 03:11 PM

Well we are in a perpetual state of projects at our house.

Our to-do list is never ending.

Here's what needs to get done.
1. finish bathroom, it's almost done

2. get our garden space back together, fix the fence, rototill(gotta wait for the snow to melt)

3. For me I have made my appointment with my dr, have a dating u/s scheduled for next Wed. I have already mentioned on here that due to heightened danger of uterine rupture I am having a r c/s(vbac/hbac run serious risk to me and my baby). I will have my prenatals with my Dr of choice and her colleague will preform my c/s which I am very happy with. They both attended DD's birth and were wonderful. I'm excited to start my appointments and am hoping all is fine with my u/s.

4. Start looking for names, we are not finding out the gender this time, so we'll need 2 names. Got the gilr name, but boys names are very difficult.

5. Looking forward to wonderful summer of sunshine and swimming with my family.

6. Oh yeah planning on seeing Coldplay when I am 6.5 months pg in July. I think that will be an awesome thing for a babe in the belly, and for my DH and me.

Me Wife to T (14 years)Mama to Princess(4) and Monster Boy(my 1 year old ):
#24 of 40 Old 02-22-2009, 04:23 PM

1) picking names (done!)
2) ordering prenatal testing supplies (almost done, thank you ebay )
3) Buying a HOUSE :
4) Ordering clothes and wool longies (done!)
5) trying to fix my diet to be somewhat healthy while accomodating my cravings and aversions.
6) picking up the last few things we don't already have (in duplicate ) from my older kids. I need a new bouncy seat so we need to get that and I'd LIKE an AMBY and a tummy tub. I also need dig out my fleece to make a new winter showsuit for bubs, since I gave away the kid's old ones. I got a snuggle wool too, OOOH is so soft and lovely.

Lucia , Poly )O( Lactation Counseling mama lady.gifvbac.gifto 5 yo Goobersuperhero.gif and 3 1/2 yo MZ twins twins.gif Peanut and Sweetpea and 1yo Pumpkinbabyf.gif mmm placenta.gif
#25 of 40 Old 02-22-2009, 05:07 PM

I am absolutely EXHAUSTED! I am trying so hard not to doze off while DH is at work. Thankfully I have not had any morning sickness yet. And for some reason I am starving all day. I try to munch of fruit or vegetables when I feel like it but thats not cutting it anymore.

Stephanie, Mama to five beautiful kids, wife to J

#26 of 40 Old 02-22-2009, 09:13 PM

Oh what a question.

I am beyond unmotivated, and feel like crap, but recently accepted a promotion at work, and have some huge challenges at work. i just want to lounge around, be pregnant and enjoy my family. Ugh.

Mom to Liam 9/06, spirit baby 3/09, and identical twins Mateo and Sebastian 10/11namaste.gif

#27 of 40 Old 02-22-2009, 09:52 PM

I am just trying to function and maintain the house and kids. I really haven't done anything regarding the new one I barely have the energy right now to just get stuff done for dh and the kiddos.
I am looking forward to getting stuff ready for the baby once the second trimester hits!:

Busy Mom raising 5 kiddos, 7, 6, 5, 2  and a brand new bundle!! (5/15/11)  cd.gifribbonpb.gifnovaxnoIRC.gif

#28 of 40 Old 02-27-2009, 05:18 PM

I feel overwhelmed and excited about what I need to do:

1) Meet and greet with prospective HB midwives.
2) Dig out maternity clothes.
3) Dig out and clean off breastpump. It's in the basement. ewww.
4) Dig out neutral newborn clothes. Not finding out #3's gender beforehand.
5) My basement is *full* of tubs of baby stuff, hence the "dig out" term. I need to go through and recycle toys, etc. as this is my third and I've accumulated way too much stuff.
6) Get a Moby wrap this time. Just picked up a fleece Kangaroo Korner which I'm all excited about.
7) Finish Susan Weed's Wise Woman Herbal and start drinking teas. Just picked up RRF & TM Pregnancy Tea, now I'm off to get some nettle.
8) Try & relax! I'm just so nervous about everything this time. It's my last babe and I want everything to be perfect. Unfortunately I had a collagen mask facial done Monday night & I had a severe allergic reaction to it and my face is all broken out and red and DRY. I went in to my dr's office & they said because of the hormones I'm super sensitive to everything right now. Ugh. Now of course I'm all worried about the baby, but should be alright? worry, worry.

Mama to : Savannah (12/16/2002) & Bruen (3/19/2005). The H = Jason :
Baby #3 Drake (10/21/2009) :
#29 of 40 Old 02-27-2009, 05:35 PM

My list:

1) Finish thesis
2) defend thesis
3) present thesis work at a conference in July
4) give birth in October.

Until I get the thesis part done, the preggy planning will be pretty minimal. Then again, we have newborn gear, already have an appointment with our midwife (), and don't really need to do a lot of prep (she says NOW... wait until September when I'm running around like a chicken with its head cut off...)

Kristal: Now an at-home mama to my Doodle and my Roo and partner to my love .
15/52 craft projects completed in 2010.
#30 of 40 Old 02-27-2009, 11:26 PM

Sigh. I have been too sick and tired to do anything. Starting to feel good enough now to think about a list. I feel like we are pretty well situated on the actual for the baby stuff, but there are so many things I want to get done before baby comes:

-photobooks of the last, oh, 4 years?
-quilts for all my dad's grandkids (4 counting this expected one) from my dad's shirts (he passed away last year)
-a baby quilt for my poor ds (his cousins, born before him, all have them and I want him to have one, too!)
-a WHOLE lotta yard work
-a knitted hat for new babe
-knitted Christmas stockings for niece, nephew, and new babe (yes, this is overly ambitious)

ack.

Wife to the man I never expected, DS born at home '07, '08, baby girl born at home Oct '09!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page