Having trouble believing I'm pregnant... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 18 Old 02-21-2009, 12:31 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I've had 5 BFPs which keep me somewhat sane, but I have zero symptoms and I'm 6 weeks along. I felt in the very beginning that I had some symptoms - especially some cramping, but even that's gone now. So the only reason I believe I'm pregnant is because my AF hasn't come and because the tests say so. I go in Friday for my 1st prenatal visit which I'm both eagerly waiting for and scared to death of because I'm so afraid that I'll find out that I had a m/c. Am I crazy? Is anyone else in the same boat where they have zero symptoms or the few that they had in the beginning went away? I've seen people on here saying they don't have m/s or aren't peeing a lot, etc, but I don't know if anyone else is/was in my same shoes with zero symptoms, but saw the heartbeat when they went for their first visit. Give me back my sanity! :
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 18 Old 02-21-2009, 01:00 PM

When I was pg with DS, I went to my first appointment terrified by my lack of symptoms. But we saw a perfect little baby on the u/s. In my first trimester, I had ONE day of what I would call fatigue, and not one moment of queasiness.

Now I am 4 1/2 weeks without any symptoms. I have 4 BFPs and have had two blood draws at the doc's office to show that things are progressing well. But I totally have to keep reminding myself I am pg because I do not feel anything! Really early on I thought I had a funny taste in my mouth. Gone. I had some lightheadedness. Gone. I felt some ligaments stretching. Gone.

Symptoms are nice in a way b/c you at least feel like something is happening. But I know from experience that lack of symptoms doesn't necessarily indicate a problem. Hang in there--you're certainly not alone!

Mommy to a boy (6), girls (4&2), and our baby boy (8 months)

Missing Ashlyn 10/18/06 and Brennan 10/18/10
#3 of 18 Old 02-21-2009, 01:06 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you mom-to-jj... you're post makes me feel SO much better!!:
#4 of 18 Old 02-21-2009, 01:24 PM

I'm in the same boat.

With my first two, I had obvious symptoms. My second more than my first, but probably because I got pregnant with him when my first was only 4 months old. So my body was probably pretty run down.

I teeter between wondering if something is wrong, and being thankful that I am not feeling the nausea and fatigue because it would really cause problems with the job I have.

My left boob is a bit sore, when I touch it. LOL I have had some weird ligament stretching stuff going on, but that's a bit early, no? And, no period. And a big old "YES+" on my pregnancy test. And some moodiness here and there. I guess those are symptoms. LOL

Taylor, committed to my Soldier. Lovin' my boys. Gabriel ('05) , Xavier ('07) and Mason ('09). Proud HBAC mama x 2.
#5 of 18 Old 02-21-2009, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylor View Post
My left boob is a bit sore, when I touch it. LOL I have had some weird ligament stretching stuff going on, but that's a bit early, no?
Haha, I've figured out that if I poke them, they get sore! It's odd b/c with DS and my two miscarriages, sore BBs were my first real symptom. This time, I was positive I couldn't be pg b/c my BBs weren't sore at all. Still aren't, really. Only tender now and then when I poke them.

And no, I guess it's not too early for ligament stretching, because I have felt that, too. I only knew what it was b/c I felt it when I was pg with DS. I'm positive I felt it much earlier this time.

Mommy to a boy (6), girls (4&2), and our baby boy (8 months)

Missing Ashlyn 10/18/06 and Brennan 10/18/10
#6 of 18 Old 02-21-2009, 03:41 PM

I'm 7w6d and have a lot of symptoms that I would prefer not to have but they're hard for me to connect with a baby. It'll remain a surreal, unbelievable thing until I hear the first swooshy heartbeat. The stretch between a positive result (I had six!) and confirmation of life is hard.

Even after that, after I am used to feeling this baby move inside of me, I'll still feel a sense of wonder that I am carrying an actual baby. Maybe I'm just very simple.

Boys: 12/94, 1/99, 11/03, 6/11. Girls: 11/06, 10/09, 12/12 2ndtri.gif

#7 of 18 Old 02-21-2009, 07:44 PM

Okay, I'm definetly irrationally moody. -nods-

Taylor, committed to my Soldier. Lovin' my boys. Gabriel ('05) , Xavier ('07) and Mason ('09). Proud HBAC mama x 2.
#8 of 18 Old 02-21-2009, 08:18 PM

Even though I have had a multitude of pregnancy symptoms with this one, I feel almost like I'm not really pregnant, but have a bad cold or the flu. With my two daughters, I felt wonderful (actually better than before I got pregnant with them!) and was over the moon excited and felt pregnant.

I've also had bad ligament stretching and I'm only 5 1/2 weeks pregnant thus far. This is my third baby, so I'm assuming that's part of the reason. Whenever I move quickly doing normal things such as getting up, moving over, etc, I get sharp pains that I believe are the ligaments.

Once you see the first u/s and/or hear the heartbeat, it will become very real I think. It just takes time sometimes.

Charlize, married to DH 4/12/04. Mom to DD1 (4/2005) dust.gif, DD2 (3/2007) blowkiss.gif, and DD3 (10/2009) bouncy.gif, and DD4 (6/2011) energy.gif.

#9 of 18 Old 02-21-2009, 10:15 PM

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Dude, you are so pregnant. Congratulations!!! : : :

North Idaho rural living  mama to: 23 yo DD, 16 yo DS, 8 yo DS, 6 yo DS, 4 yr old DS, 2 yo DD, and 1 yo DS. And someone new coming this Christmas!
#10 of 18 Old 02-22-2009, 02:02 AM

I bet you're not noticing symptoms, but they are there. With dd1, I had nothing. Perfect first trimester! With this one things really didn't kick in till the beginning of this week. And even now they are pretty minor. Enjoy it!

Jill, mama to three fiery girlies and a sweet baby boy: Grace, 11.30.2005,  Ayla, 3.22.2008, Norah 9.5.09, Reed 8.19.11 & dfs Gage 2.29.12   angel1.gif x4

#11 of 18 Old 02-22-2009, 05:30 PM

I feel the same way. I just assumed it was because this pregnancy wasn't planned and I'm having trouble accepting it? With my first two I a lot of morning sickness and I thought that started last week, but it turns out I was just sick!

I feel a little tired, but I sometimes do anyway. The only real difference is that none of my pants fit. Even after seeing the heartbeat on an ultrasound, I sometimes think "I am pregnant? What the heck?"
#12 of 18 Old 02-25-2009, 09:31 PM - Thread Starter

Well, I guess I should eat my words because m/s came on today with a vengeance. I really thought I might hurl in my co-worker's car today. That would have been a fun one to try to explain considering no one knows I'm preggo.:Puke
#13 of 18 Old 02-25-2009, 09:41 PM

I was just going to say enjoy it... because feeling like total crud day after day gets old fast. I hate the first trimester. Its hard to feel connected when you don't feel the baby and you just feel exhausted and sick. I have always been jealous of woman that have no signs that they are pregnant... I have been so nauseous and exhausted and gagging at everything for 3 weeks staight now. Pregnancy drags out for me. I just want to meet my baby already... sorry. I am such a downer!!!!

All natural Mama to Keira 6/1/07, Israel 10/10/ 09, Nairi 04/01/2011, and #4 March 2013

#14 of 18 Old 02-25-2009, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kmama2 View Post
I was just going to say enjoy it... because feeling like total crud day after day gets old fast. I hate the first trimester. Its hard to feel connected when you don't feel the baby and you just feel exhausted and sick. I have always been jealous of woman that have no signs that they are pregnant... I have been so nauseous and exhausted and gagging at everything for 3 weeks staight now. Pregnancy drags out for me. I just want to meet my baby already... sorry. I am such a downer!!!!
Me too. I'm 8w3d and am wishing I could wake up in April and not have to do this next month.

Boys: 12/94, 1/99, 11/03, 6/11. Girls: 11/06, 10/09, 12/12 2ndtri.gif

#15 of 18 Old 02-25-2009, 11:59 PM

I had relatively few symptoms with DD. My bbs changed shape weirdly, and I had some general fatigue, but no m/s or anything like that. This time is way different I have had days where I don't want to move and my fatigue is giant, but that could be contributed to a non-stop go-go 2.5 y/o little girl who doesn't like to sleep or nap.

The sickness seems worse if I am more fatigued or stressing because DD won't chill, it's like my acid just rises and I cannot control it. I also have to drink ICE water, water must have ice or I feel so gross, totally weird.

Me Wife to T (14 years)Mama to Princess(4) and Monster Boy(my 1 year old ):
#16 of 18 Old 02-26-2009, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kmama2 View Post
I feel exactly like you have described. It is so demoralizing to feel like roadkill for weeks on end. It's like, you want to be so excited that you're pregnant, but you can't muster up any feelings that don't involve nausea, puking, and aversions to all manner of foods and odors. Ugggggh. I, too, hate the first trimester. Looks like we've got about the same amount of time to go on this one, too. I'm due the 13th. Keep your head up.

Brin, wife to my best friend , mother of three . and now homeschooling!!!
#17 of 18 Old 02-26-2009, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisy10 View Post
Well, I guess I should eat my words because m/s came on today with a vengeance. I really thought I might hurl in my co-worker's car today. That would have been a fun one to try to explain considering no one knows I'm preggo.:Puke
I'm sorry The nausea is just awful. I hate the first trimester. I hope those of you who posted that you never hardly know you're pregnant realize how lucky you are!

I hope it doesn't get too bad for you. I was lucky the first time in that I was on a random break from my job which perfectly coincided with the nausea. This time, my job is caring for DS. I have had many poor me moments when I have cursed the world for offering no sick leave to stay-at-home moms (and my mother for asking how I am but being too "busy" to help). But at least I CAN lie on the couch for stretches of the day. I don't know how I could possibly work a regular job through the nausea.

Keep eating - that's the only way to control it. Make sure you get enough protien, too, it will keep your blood sugar more level and help you feel more normal.

Wife to the man I never expected, DS born at home '07, '08, baby girl born at home Oct '09!
#18 of 18 Old 02-26-2009, 04:30 PM

Me! The only symtpom I'm experiencing is fatigue. No other symptoms at all. Which makes me nervous. But every time I've had a pregnancy with no morning sickness or anything else its been a girl!

Stephanie, Mama to five beautiful kids, wife to J

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page