Winded? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-22-2009, 01:57 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Is anyone else feeling winded already? I totally had this with my last two but towards the end when the babies were bigger, not now when the baby is 1/2 inch.

It just hit me today, but all morning I've felt really winded and I haven't done anything more than sit at the computer, nurse DS#2, knit and sit on the couch. So I'm a little confused. Any chance it's just the onset of a cold maybe? Anyone else feeling this?

One by one the days are slipping up behind you ~ One by one the sweetest days of life go by :
-Woodie Guthrie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-22-2009, 03:22 PM

i have been feeling this too. like i have been running.

Me,DH,DS1'95, '98,DSD'03,DD1'07,DD2'09,DS2'12 Living with Fructose Malabsorption Syndrome and Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome Type 3-Hypermobility.)o( and sometimes I get toif I am lucky.
Old 02-22-2009, 03:35 PM

I've been feeling this very much -- in fact, before I tested, I thought that there might be something wrong with me. It's crazy, isn't it?

I read it's not because you're actually winded or because there's no room to breathe (like late pregnancy) but because your body suddenly needs more oxygen. Makes sense that it'd be really noticeable at this point then, I guess.

Monica, mom to Lilly (7) and Carter (4) and rainbow baby Elsa (11/27/10).
Old 02-22-2009, 03:39 PM

I totally feel drained all. the. time. It sucks because I really want to stay active this pregnancy but I can't even muster the energy to vacuum my living room, not to mention work out.
Old 02-22-2009, 04:11 PM - Thread Starter

Ok, I'm so glad I'm not alone! Though I feel badly that we're all sitting here winded I was joking with DP about it this morning cause it's just so overwhelming when I'm doing nothing. Hmm, does anyone know if it gets better after the first trimester? Is this just a temporary thing for now and then will go away and come back at the end when baby is bigger?

One by one the days are slipping up behind you ~ One by one the sweetest days of life go by :
-Woodie Guthrie
Old 02-22-2009, 05:37 PM

With my little ones it did go away during 2nd tri. . . and with my son, since he was so low, it never came back.

So there's hope, I'm thinking. Cross your fingers, eh?

Monica, mom to Lilly (7) and Carter (4) and rainbow baby Elsa (11/27/10).
Old 02-27-2009, 02:04 PM

i have to hike all around campus every day, and i've been feeling kinda wimpy lately. HAHA!

It's amazing how many pregnancy symptoms you can chalk up to stress or fatigue or....just outright ignore.

Now that i am putting all the pieces together it's so obvious....

Freethinking Earth-mama of five. uc.jpg

Old 02-27-2009, 02:35 PM

I felt winded right from the very beginning. I had a cold when I first concieved and thought that was it but the cold is gone and the windedness is still there. I sing to DD every night and I have to take a breath more often.
Old 02-27-2009, 03:26 PM

Me too. I have periods where I have to really stop to catch my breath, even though I haven't really been doing anything.
Old 02-28-2009, 12:04 AM

I noticed this much later on with DS, when reading out loud. This time I feel it already. Could barely get through "The Little Engine That Could" - I felt like the old rusty tired engine that can't do anything but teeter home! And, seriously, I'm pretty young and pretty healthy. Not running marathons or anything, but before the holidays, I was exercising regularly and had been for a long time.

Wife to the man I never expected, DS born at home '07, '08, baby girl born at home Oct '09!
Old 02-28-2009, 12:35 PM

Yes! I have been feeling that way since the begining.

Busy Mom raising 5 kiddos, 7, 6, 5, 2  and a brand new bundle!! (5/15/11)  cd.gifribbonpb.gifnovaxnoIRC.gif

Old 02-28-2009, 02:14 PM

this is one of my big symptoms. I don't get M/S but I do feel totally dead on my feet during the first trimester.
this afternoon I just laid down and slept on the couch for 20 minutes...Like i just HAD to...i was that overcome with sleepiness.
Old 02-28-2009, 02:15 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I am on the Sept club and I made this same post about a month ago. Thank goodness, I can report that I am no longer about to pass out from the lack of oxygen.
Old 02-28-2009, 02:31 PM

Yes. A thousand times yes.

Only since I have asthma, I have spent weeks freaking out about it.

I'm sick of the doctors. No one ever finds anything wrong with my lungs and my oxygen saturation levels are always great.

So my solution is to lay around like a giant slug.
Old 03-01-2009, 02:35 PM

Oh thank god I am not the only one. I have been wondering if it was all in my head but I am just out of breath all day long. It doesn't really bother me too much except when it occurs while I am trying to yell at DH lol. I hate only being able to complain for 5 minutes. I need at least 30 to feel better.
Old 03-01-2009, 03:26 PM

Yes I feel this way alot. I find that when I get REALLY tired, it's generally because I'm low on Iron. A couple days of supplements usually have me feeling human again. The first trimester is one of the times when your blood volume increases really fast, leaving you without enough iron for all the blood cells. It happens again at around 22ish weeks. Hope we all feel better soon!

Lucia , Poly )O( Lactation Counseling mama lady.gifvbac.gifto 5 yo Goobersuperhero.gif and 3 1/2 yo MZ twins twins.gif Peanut and Sweetpea and 1yo Pumpkinbabyf.gif mmm placenta.gif

User Tag List