Am I showing at 5.5 weeks? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 11 Old 02-25-2009, 08:28 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Is it possible? Either I am or I just developed a huge belly I don't usually have and can't suck in. Is anyone else experiencing this? It is my 3rd baby but still! I didn't show until at least 3 months before. I wan't planning on announcing this since it was unplanned and I am trying to deal with it before I have to talk about it but...I think people will notice within 2 weeks. Anyone else?
#2 of 11 Old 02-25-2009, 08:31 PM

ohhh yeah. Me too. I had a pouch at 5 weeks for sure. Now at 7 weeks I think its obvious I am pregnant if you know me. I am thin and don't normally have a belly pouch. I don't remember being this big this early with my dd either... I think i was more like 12-14 weeks when I was this big...

All natural Mama to Keira 6/1/07, Israel 10/10/ 09, Nairi 04/01/2011, and #4 March 2013

#3 of 11 Old 02-25-2009, 09:22 PM

I pulled out my mat pants really close to 6 weeks or so. I'm 8wks and I only can wear those and a couple pairs of my normal pants.

Me Wife to T (14 years)Mama to Princess(4) and Monster Boy(my 1 year old ):
#4 of 11 Old 02-25-2009, 10:17 PM

I'm 8 weeks tomorrow and my husband told me tonight that he thinks it's pretty obvious at this point... and I was hoping not to say anything until my appt. (I don't go until mid-March!). I know I started to show around 6 weeks or so... and now much more. I know with my 2nd DD I didn't show until at least 11 weeks.

At home mommy to Paige 2004, Sydney 2006 and Cole 2009 :
#5 of 11 Old 02-26-2009, 12:44 AM

I am 7weeks along and I don't see huge changes except after I eat, I blow up and look 7 months pregnant! My husband did kindly say that I did look like I was getting bigger, he said it as if he thought I had been waiting to hear that until I shot him the shut the heck up look and I explained that he better take that word out of his vocabulary for the next nine months!! Does a fat layer start this early to protect the belly, I have been eating VERY healthy and getting 30min exercise daily but still am showing some rolling action!

BTW-how do I put up the cute icons and pics on this site?
#6 of 11 Old 02-26-2009, 02:18 AM

I think that most of mine is bloating to be honest. I just don't know what else it could be!! It can't be baby yet.

Monica, mom to Lilly (7) and Carter (4) and rainbow baby Elsa (11/27/10).
#7 of 11 Old 02-26-2009, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2dance View Post
I am 7weeks along and I don't see huge changes except after I eat, I blow up and look 7 months pregnant! My husband did kindly say that I did look like I was getting bigger, he said it as if he thought I had been waiting to hear that until I shot him the shut the heck up look and I explained that he better take that word out of his vocabulary for the next nine months!! Does a fat layer start this early to protect the belly, I have been eating VERY healthy and getting 30min exercise daily but still am showing some rolling action!

BTW-how do I put up the cute icons and pics on this site?
Hey BFF!! Glad you joined! The emoticon list is on the side bar-----> and there is a MORE button below it for a huge list of them! To do pictures you have to do something like photobucket. They don't have any way to upload pictures directly to the site.
Congratulations everyone! :

Mindful Spirit Expo is on April 21 and 22nd. Raise your consciousness!

Intuitive Encounters business merger means discounts for a limited time.

#8 of 11 Old 02-26-2009, 09:25 AM

My pants (this preg and last) get too tight by 5-6 wks. But, for me, it's all bloat. Last time, I didn't get a real baby bump until 17 wks. Expecting one a little earlier this time, but probably not until my 2nd tri.
#9 of 11 Old 02-26-2009, 10:27 AM

For me it is a combo of bloat and that I think I can actually feel my fundus about an inch over my pubic bone whiloe standing. I think everything is starting to get squished upward.
Either way I look pregnant, as of three days ago. And my 3rd pregnancy I was at 6 weeks too. oh well

nak

Shelley, mom to dd 5/19/01, ds 9/06/02, and ds 4/01/07.  Lost babe 4/09

belly.gifDue 12/18/12!

#10 of 11 Old 02-26-2009, 11:39 AM

From about 5 to 6.5 weeks I was really bloated. Then the bloat went away and now it's a firm round belly. I couldn't button my jeans yesterday. I'm 8.5 weeks. I was really, really thin before I got pg. It was getting hard to hide around 7.5 weeks. With my first, I was 6 months pg and people still weren't noticing. I've gotten bigger, earlier, with each one. This is crazy for me though. I'm really tall and have a long torso so usually I can hide it for a while... I think my body is saying: "oh, pregnancy hormones, we've done this before, poof, here's a belly!"
#11 of 11 Old 02-26-2009, 12:12 PM

Im 6.2 weeks and I can definetly see a extra few pounds on my belly already. And this is my first!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page