8 weeks-anyone feeling better? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 23 Old 02-26-2009, 12:51 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am feeling much better-the severe exhaustion seems to be dissipating and the nausea is starting to mellow(although I had a small bout with it this am). I actually want to cook and eat. I have noticed that I just need to go to bed at 8-9 instead of 7 and I am just feeling quite a bit better. I also was told I am getting the glow-thank goodness I was looking like death warmed over for 3 weeks or so. I also am not feeling like such a hormonal wreck(and in turn acting super psycho).

Is anyone else hitting the 8 week mark and starting to pull out of the exhaustion haze and nausea? I seriously am starting to remember why I love being pregnant because I feel so fabulous.

Me Wife to T (14 years)Mama to Princess(4) and Monster Boy(my 1 year old ):
#2 of 23 Old 02-26-2009, 12:56 PM

I am 8w4d and I definately am feeling better, I wouldn't go as far as to say fabulous Mostly I just now have periods of where I feel normal, I still have my crappy times by they aren't every minute of the day anymore.

Busy Mom raising 5 kiddos, 7, 6, 5, 2  and a brand new bundle!! (5/15/11)  cd.gifribbonpb.gifnovaxnoIRC.gif

#3 of 23 Old 02-26-2009, 01:32 PM

Oh Bless your heart that you are feeling much better....I started to feel much worse at 8 weeks and now that I am 9w1d, I am feeling awful! I can't shake the fatigue or the sickness. I look fine...everyone says how great I look but I feel terrible. I am trying so hard to feel better but the more I am awake, the worse I feel. As my days go on, it gets even worse. I am trying to be a good wife and mommy but it seems it is short lived at this point. Maybe at 10 weeks I will feel much better??!!
#4 of 23 Old 02-26-2009, 01:42 PM - Thread Starter

Honestly I'm pretty surprised that I started feeling so well again, I still am hitting a wall at 5 pm, but that is also DD's *witching hour* she turns into a cranky mess because the child will. not. nap. and is a complete wreck by then. I'm not quite to fabulous, but I can see it on the horizon. I don't have these giant black bags under my eyes either, so that has been a saving grace for me. I still am having issues with smells, but that isn't surprising. The dishes are the one thing that still is just grossing me out. I also can barely stomach to brush my teeth. I've changed toothpaste and have tried to not go deep and it still just kinda sickens me.

I started feeling bad this pregnancy as soon as I got my BFP-like that day I just started feeling queasy. I also felt like I had 1000 lb weights on me, now it's like all that has just been lifted. Weeks 6-7 were the worst, I just felt like dog doo. I hit 8 and it's like a light came on, I'm almost feeling normal(if there is such a thing, ).

#5 of 23 Old 02-26-2009, 01:51 PM

jkseawell - I am so there! I am 9w4d and the nausea just hit a week ago. I'm hoping it ends in the next few weeks. Please!

My family = Me + DH plus new babe 5/12 make 3 buddamomimg1.png

#6 of 23 Old 02-26-2009, 02:08 PM

I would love to believe that when I hit week 8 (next Tuesday), that I'll feel miraculously better. The plague hit me really hard at about 5 1/2 weeks, and has gotten worse since it began. I will have a couple of really bad days, and then a better day, and then a bad day......I can't wait for it to end. I remember that when I was sick with my last son, I felt really crappy and then one day it was just magically gone and I felt fine. I so hope that happens again. Hearing that it has gotten better for some of you is giving me some hope. For the other ladies still suffering, I'm with you. Let's hope it's over before we know it.

Brin, wife to my best friend , mother of three . and now homeschooling!!!
#7 of 23 Old 02-26-2009, 02:38 PM

I'll be 8 weeks tomorrow, and yesterday and today (so far) have been two of the best days of the last three weeks. I feel more energized, my tummy is significantly better, and I just feel more in control of my body. I'm a bit afraid to hope that I've turned the corner, but I am trying to embrace these good days as they come!
#8 of 23 Old 02-26-2009, 03:30 PM

I am 8 weeks today and am actually feeling significantly worse. I was never sick at all with DS, and I technically haven't been sick yet with this baby (no puking), but I feel awful. It's fine in the morning and all during the day, but the evenings are not good for me.

Last pregnancy I felt fabulous, and I loved being pregnant so much. I'm hoping the crappy feeling lets up this time soon, because I want to enjoy pregnancy again!
#9 of 23 Old 02-26-2009, 03:32 PM

By my LMP, I am 8 weeks today and actually am feeling slightly better. Thank all that is blessed. Not at all fabulous, but I think I may be turning the corner. Very very glad I had a good ultrasound today or I would be worrying (even though this is the same sort of time line I had with my son).

I feel like I've spent so much of my pregnancies and mothering thinking, geez, we are still in the dark ages on all of this! I guess because only moms know how it is and moms are too busy to do cutting edge research. :

Wife to the man I never expected, DS born at home '07, '08, baby girl born at home Oct '09!
#10 of 23 Old 02-26-2009, 04:03 PM

I'm feeling a tad better as well. The bloat is gone, and even though the nausea comes and goes, it's a bit better. And I'm not *quite* as tired.

Jill, mama to three fiery girlies and a sweet baby boy: Grace, 11.30.2005,  Ayla, 3.22.2008, Norah 9.5.09, Reed 8.19.11 & dfs Gage 2.29.12   angel1.gif x4

#11 of 23 Old 02-26-2009, 04:11 PM

I've been feeling better over the last few days (will be 9w tomorrow), but I attribute it to finally figuring out how to beat my morning sickness (snacking every 90 minutes). I'm a little less tired in the daytime now, but mornings are still brutal for me.

Doula ~ CBE ~ Life Partner to my ManBearPeach ~ Multiple-miscarriage Survivor ~ Homebirthing, Breastfeeding, CDing, Babywearing, Co-Sleeping Mama to my Boy Bean , born 9/30/09!
#12 of 23 Old 02-26-2009, 04:50 PM

I'm 9 weeks today, and I've been slowly, slowly feeling better over the last couple of weeks. I still have trouble with wanting to eat in the evenings, and I don't like bad smells, but I have energy again, sometimes!
#13 of 23 Old 02-26-2009, 05:35 PM

I've noticed now at 8 weeks that I feel really good if I eat all day long and also get out. The fresh air and moving around seems to be really energizing me.

At home mommy to Paige 2004, Sydney 2006 and Cole 2009 :
#14 of 23 Old 02-26-2009, 06:34 PM

Well, I feel better today but yesterday was total crud. I just wanted to lay down and got to sleep to escape it and finding anything that sounded remotely appetizing was hard and that just made things worse because when I don't eat it gets bad. I'm like a few of the previous posters. I have a few bad days and then a good day. I wake up and dread how I'm going to feel. If I get out of bed, like I did this morning, and feel slightly more normal I will get as much done as I can before it hits. I got laundry going and the kids ready for school and on the way out the door I started to feel crappy. I ate when I got home and have snacked through the day and sipped on water and today has been much better. Still a far cry from normal or fabulous though. Tomorrow I'll be 9 weeks so I hope this doesn't go on too much longer. I hope we are all feeling better soon.

Stephanie-33 lucky mama of 5 precious ones: DD-12, DS-9 , DS-6 , and DD-3 and Bridget Alannah  SHE'S ONE NOW! loving wife to DH-38
#15 of 23 Old 02-26-2009, 06:36 PM - Thread Starter

Yeah I'm noticing that if eat often I feel so much better. A few weeks ago the thought of food just was icky. I am pretty sure that DH and I had a bug a week ago-I really don't think it was just sympathy sickness.

My back is killing me today though, I had major pain with DD in my sacrum so I'm not surprised it's happening again.

I wanted to make beef stew, but I just can't do it. I keep looking at the little 1/2 roast I was going to cut and can't even bear to think about cutting it. I just only want sub sandwiches, salad and vegetarian food. We had spaghetti last night which was pretty good. I just go through these aversions to cooking. I think we may be having a tofu stirfry tonight because it seems to be the only thing that seems all that appetizing.

I'm just glad that I am feeling way more energized and don't look like I am dead.

#16 of 23 Old 02-26-2009, 06:40 PM

I know exactly what you mean about the meat! All I can handle to prepare are salads, yams, artichokes, beans and fruit. I don't even want to look at raw meat. Blech. I could hurl right now just thinking about it. I had linguine with a light lemon sauce last night. It wasn't very healthy, but all I could handle. I just drank a smoothie that gave me 60 grams of protein and I guess while I'm sick like this I will have to have one a day to keep my protein intake up. At least I can still eat fruits and veggies!

Stephanie-33 lucky mama of 5 precious ones: DD-12, DS-9 , DS-6 , and DD-3 and Bridget Alannah  SHE'S ONE NOW! loving wife to DH-38
#17 of 23 Old 02-26-2009, 06:53 PM

just ate a very nice lunch, but I'm SO sleepy now. After I eat, I crash and burn HARD.
must. sleep.
(can't sleep... working. bah!)

Doula ~ CBE ~ Life Partner to my ManBearPeach ~ Multiple-miscarriage Survivor ~ Homebirthing, Breastfeeding, CDing, Babywearing, Co-Sleeping Mama to my Boy Bean , born 9/30/09!
#18 of 23 Old 02-26-2009, 08:24 PM

Oh, I so wish I could believe that I will be feeling better by 8 wks! I'm already pukey here (at 6wks3days). With DS, I was sick from the beginning but the puking didn't start until 10 wks and then let up (magically) at 13 wks. I really hope this lets up before 13 wks this time! I can't survive another 7 wks of this!!
#19 of 23 Old 02-26-2009, 09:17 PM

Starr5678/Lindsey, I still feel pukey coming up on 9 weeks and don't expect it to magically disappear overnight, either. hang in there. keep snacking throughout the day as you're able. I know it's hard, but once I started doing that, it helped my nausea SO MUCH. (Even though it works, it's insanely difficult for me. For the first time in my life I feel like i HATE food. I now have to force myself to eat. Once I'm actually eating, it's fine, but it's the last thing on earth i want to be doing before i take that first bite! Anyone else feel that way too?)

#20 of 23 Old 02-26-2009, 09:32 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I'm only 6w4d and I don't feel awful but oh man, the bloat! Keep up the happy talking, 8-weekers, you're giving me hope.

Erin, mom to DD (1/06) and DS (10/09)
#21 of 23 Old 02-26-2009, 10:16 PM - Thread Starter

Well I am going to be having frozen pizza for dinner. It is the only thing that sounds do-able and I just got done with cutting and coloring my friend's hair so I am wiped out(plus Survivor is on tonight.

I can definitely see the change coming, I just feel much better. I also agree snacking is the way to go, it really does help me. It doesn't even need to be much just a small snack of crackers.

I am not quite feeling fabulous, but I can see it on the horizon. I was that woman who just felt great when pregnant before, there were other women who were just shocked at my happiness and many who said it wouldn't last through the hot-a$$ summer months, but I just loved being pg. The hot was not even bothersome. DH said we are getting an a/c unit though because our room is upstairs and is seriously oppressive when it is 90+. I just love having a big preggy belly I can show off in a bikini.

#22 of 23 Old 02-27-2009, 11:36 AM

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
I'm 8w4d today and felt OK last weekend, but then it got a LOT worse this week. I am so ready for this part to be over so I can get to the "fun" part of pregnancy.

Andrea , child of God, wife of Tim , mama of L, B, J, J

Younique has new products 9/1/14! Come check it out!!
Want to get paid daily and start earning as soon as 24 hours after sign up? Join my team!
#23 of 23 Old 02-27-2009, 11:47 AM

I am 7 weeks and 3 days and the nausea and fatigue seem to be getting worse..... Of course I have a cold and post nasal drip and a sore throat along with nausea is not a good combo. I am hoping that the nausea goes away soon... I am been home for the past 3 and 1/2 weeks now feeling crappy and between being stuck inside and our cloudy winter weather here in the northeast I am starting to feel like I am going to lose my mind. I need to fast foward to life to April I think....

All natural Mama to Keira 6/1/07, Israel 10/10/ 09, Nairi 04/01/2011, and #4 March 2013

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page