How to not worry - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 11 Old 02-26-2009, 06:53 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm trying not to drive myself crazy, but I did start spotting a tiny bit today. I've read through a ton of other posts about spotting, so I'm trying to just trust that it's nothing.

It's only when I wipe and it's just light brown. I keep on wanting to go pee so I can look again...it's driving me crazy! I don't think that I'm having cramps...nothing major at least. Although every twinge makes me wonder.

Any advice on getting through this? I can't stop thinking about it. I didn't call my midwife as I think that it may be overkill. I feel like I can't stop worrying.

Proud mom of Dylan born 10/10/09
#2 of 11 Old 02-26-2009, 06:58 PM

I don't have any good advice.. I have had two miscarraiges and I know how nerve wracking it is when you start spotting.

Try to take it easy if you can, I am sure everything will be ok.

HUGS

Busy Mom raising 5 kiddos, 7, 6, 5, 2  and a brand new bundle!! (5/15/11)  cd.gifribbonpb.gifnovaxnoIRC.gif

#3 of 11 Old 02-26-2009, 07:57 PM

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
: for you

I had major spotting during one pregnancy. Turned out to be nothing!

:

North Idaho rural living  mama to: 23 yo DD, 16 yo DS, 8 yo DS, 6 yo DS, 4 yr old DS, 2 yo DD, and 1 yo DS. And someone new coming this Christmas!
#4 of 11 Old 02-26-2009, 08:02 PM

I'm sorry you are so worried. I, too, am a wipe and looker. Just watch and see what happens. if the spotting stays brown and doesn't increase or stops altogether it is not worrisome. If it is accompanied by increasing spotting or bright red blood and cramping it may be something to worry about. I think it is completely appropriate to call and speak to the midwife about this.

Stephanie-33 lucky mama of 5 precious ones: DD-12, DS-9 , DS-6 , and DD-3 and Bridget Alannah  SHE'S ONE NOW! loving wife to DH-38
#5 of 11 Old 02-26-2009, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeredithK View Post
I'm trying not to drive myself crazy, but I did start spotting a tiny bit today. I've read through a ton of other posts about spotting, so I'm trying to just trust that it's nothing.

It's only when I wipe and it's just light brown. I keep on wanting to go pee so I can look again...it's driving me crazy! I don't think that I'm having cramps...nothing major at least. Although every twinge makes me wonder.

Any advice on getting through this? I can't stop thinking about it. I didn't call my midwife as I think that it may be overkill. I feel like I can't stop worrying.
I feel the same way.....uggghhhh

Tricia, married to DH. 2MC's & 4 yrs ttc...finally mom to Andrew6/06 and Benjamin 10/09. Adopted bro & sis 2002. My 2 fav. words: Spay and Neuter! I'm an Ultimate Viewer, 2010!

#6 of 11 Old 02-26-2009, 08:50 PM

light brown is probably ok. I had that with DS. I know it totally sucks, though.

You should feel free to call your midwife. I know I always felt like I couldn't call and "bother" them with anything short of actual labor, but then when I had my miscarriage they were so wonderful and I called them several times.

Good luck. Hang in there.

Wife to the man I never expected, DS born at home '07, '08, baby girl born at home Oct '09!
#7 of 11 Old 02-26-2009, 08:56 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you. I did just call the midwife's office. A nurse is going to call me back. I feel like I have cramps, sort of...more like pressure and it's not making me feel any better!

Hopefully she'll call soon. Thanks for all of your support.

#8 of 11 Old 02-26-2009, 09:23 PM

Hang in there, MeredithK! I know from experience how nerve-wracking it is!! I had brown spotting and weird cramps on Monday and freaked out bigtime. Turned out to be nothing, but I know that's small consolation for you right now.
Rooting for you!

Doula ~ CBE ~ Life Partner to my ManBearPeach ~ Multiple-miscarriage Survivor ~ Homebirthing, Breastfeeding, CDing, Babywearing, Co-Sleeping Mama to my Boy Bean , born 9/30/09!
#9 of 11 Old 02-26-2009, 10:11 PM - Thread Starter

The nurse called me back. I wish that there was a crystal ball she could have looked in to...to let me know everything is fine.

The cramping she said is probably fine. Just stuff my body making room for the baby. If it gets worse or is one sided, to call them again.

As for the spotting...she said brown blood is fine. As long as it doesn't turn red or there isn't a lot of it, it should be ok. I asked what it could be from and she said that it is usually just old blood. I wanted to say..."yeah, I get that part, but why the hell is it coming out now!!!" I controlled myself.

I'm going to try to accept those answers and just get on with my night. I've been sitting around worrying and it's not doing me any good!

#10 of 11 Old 02-26-2009, 10:18 PM

just wanted to offer a hug and hope you're feeling all right tonight.

One by one the days are slipping up behind you ~ One by one the sweetest days of life go by :
-Woodie Guthrie
#11 of 11 Old 02-26-2009, 10:35 PM

That I don't die from a heart attack during pg surprises me! My nature is not to worry, what will be, will be, etc. But when I'm pg - I'm nuts!! When I start to worry too much and feel it's affecting me I say to God "OK, I can't worry about this anymore, I'm giving it to you for now, thanks". Usually that works for a day, or part of a day.......we will get through this!

JoAnn Married almost 12 years to DH Chris.  DS1 01/05 DS2 09/09 DS3 05/12.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page