Morning sickness mysteriously gone? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 13 Old 02-27-2009, 01:01 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm 9 weeks today and I'm freaking out a little because my morning sickness has been lessening over the last few days. I started getting sick around 6.5 weeks. Yesterday I felt a little yucky in the morning but it went away and didn't come back and today it is even less. Has anyone had their morning sickness go away this early and gone on to have a healthy pregnancy. I'm a little neurotic having just gotten pregnant after a miscarriage and I'm scared. The day I turned nine weeks during my last pregnancy is the day I started spotting. I hoep there are a few of you out there that can tell me this happened to you to. Thanks ladies

Stephanie-33 lucky mama of 5 precious ones: DD-12, DS-9 , DS-6 , and DD-3 and Bridget Alannah  SHE'S ONE NOW! loving wife to DH-38
#2 of 13 Old 02-27-2009, 01:52 PM

I wouldn't say it's totally GONE, but I felt dramatically better yesterday and I know the baby's fine because I also had an ultrasound yesterday. This is the same timeframe I had with DS - horrible horrible sickness from 6 weeks to 8 weeks, then suddenly very manageable. (With the merest spot of blood each time, unexplained but scary.)

I take it this is different than with your other kids? I'll keep you in my thoughts. I hope you can enjoy feeling better.

Wife to the man I never expected, DS born at home '07, '08, baby girl born at home Oct '09!
#3 of 13 Old 02-27-2009, 01:56 PM

I'm jealous.

hh2.gif

#4 of 13 Old 02-27-2009, 02:23 PM

i had MS with my last pregnancy from week 5 to week 7. then it was gone and never came back. and my son is completely normal and healthy.

this time, i am 6 weeks tomorrow, and nothing yet. so we'll see what happens there. i have no symptoms of anything right now, really. i'm tired and bitchy, but that's not really different from any other day! lol
#5 of 13 Old 02-27-2009, 02:26 PM

I was just reading that many Mamas start to feel better at 8 wks.

I do remember feel more awake(I usually don't get m/s) around 10wks. I'm waiting patiently for that.

Heathertreehugger.gif
Mama to 5 (b17,b11,b9,g6,b4)

Our Final Addition stork-suprise.gifarriving in Mid June 2014

#6 of 13 Old 02-27-2009, 03:00 PM

I hit 8 weeks and it just kinda disappeared. I never had it with DD, so to be so wretched feeling was weird for me(and why I also am thinking the babes a boy). Today I was gaggy when I woke up, but it seriously was like a minute. I also noticed that I am nowhere near as tired and also that I really want to eat. plus I actually brushed my teeth with zero gagging last night, which was a new hurdle in itself. Still can't really drink anything but ice water, everything else sounds pretty gross, and I still can't really look at meat.

I seriously got sick the day I found out this time(4wks) and was until last week. then it was like the fog just lifted.

Me Wife to T (14 years)Mama to Princess(4) and Monster Boy(my 1 year old ):
#7 of 13 Old 02-27-2009, 03:39 PM

I am at 8 1/2 weeks and I feel progressively worse in the morning sickness area.
I am having a hard time wanting to eat anything.

I am not throwing up...I just feel nauseous at the thought of food!
I did not have this with my first child but this time around is crazy.

mom to the awesomest 9 year old little lady. mom to the awesomest mushy baby born oct.16 2009 by successful VBAC. wife to the awesomest dude ever. life is good. at it again and due march 3, 2012!

#8 of 13 Old 02-27-2009, 03:50 PM

This may not be what's happening with you, but my mind is very good at torturing me. I could easily see it pulling this sort of thing. That is, since you starting spotting at 9 weeks last time, it wouldn't surprise me if that's why you're feeling better. Kind of like, you're subconsciously discounting your symptoms, because you're afraid things will go wrong again.

When I was pg with ds, I found myself feeling fewer symptoms on Wednesdays, fewer on Thursdays, and I was an absolute basket case every Friday. Then, on Saturdays, the symptoms would return with a vengeance. This went on for weeks. Finally I realized what was going on. I had been pg a few months before, and in that pg I started spotting on a Wednesday, continued spotting on Thursday, then had an u/s on Friday, which showed the baby had died. So my mind was afraid of repeating that pattern every week.

I hope things are going fine with your little one.

Lisa , mom to Isaac (9/1/03), Violet (6/19/06), Simon (10/9/09); wife to Eric ; handservant to Grace :
#9 of 13 Old 02-27-2009, 03:51 PM - Thread Starter

I suppose I should be thanking my lucky stars! I have only had m/s with my most recent successful pregnancy, but the m/s with this one has been worse. My situation sounds very much like yours Norasmomma. I have aversions to meat, still have gagginess in the morning, but food sounds good again. I no longer have the accompanying headache and dizziness. I'm still sleepy and have sore boobs. I'm going to take a deep breath and finally start allowing myself to feel really happy and bond with my new little one. I'm so lucky.

Stephanie-33 lucky mama of 5 precious ones: DD-12, DS-9 , DS-6 , and DD-3 and Bridget Alannah  SHE'S ONE NOW! loving wife to DH-38
#10 of 13 Old 02-27-2009, 04:19 PM

I know you're scared because of losing your last bean. What is your gut saying? You're good at those feelings.

Personally, the only pg that I had m/s (Ayla) it "dried up" by 10 weeks completely. I was sick as a dog at 8.5 weeks and a week later was almost completely fine.

Jill, mama to three fiery girlies and a sweet baby boy: Grace, 11.30.2005,  Ayla, 3.22.2008, Norah 9.5.09, Reed 8.19.11 & dfs Gage 2.29.12   angel1.gif x4

#11 of 13 Old 02-27-2009, 04:28 PM

I'm 9 weeks 4 days today and the m/s has been coming off and on all this week. For instance, last weekend I didn't have it hardly at all the whole weekend and I seriously thought it was over finally. Then on Monday it was back with a vengeance. It might be getting to the point where you have it one day and then don't have it a couple of days and getting closer to getting rid of the m/s completely (hopefully we both are).

Proud *single* mom to 3 amazing kiddos
#12 of 13 Old 02-27-2009, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norasmomma View Post
I seriously got sick the day I found out this time(4wks) and was until last week. then it was like the fog just lifted.
the m/s started for me on the day right after I got my positive HPT.

Proud *single* mom to 3 amazing kiddos
#13 of 13 Old 02-27-2009, 05:14 PM

darcytrue-yup, my sickness started right after my friend and I went out to lunch to celebrate, and oh my lunch tasted so good, then I went home and felt awful. It just continued until a couple days ago. It is now just a bit more hit and miss. Meat is still on the gross list-vegetarian pregnancy anyone?

Actually I felt pretty off those first few days before I even knew anything(although I had suspicions).

Me Wife to T (14 years)Mama to Princess(4) and Monster Boy(my 1 year old ):

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page