Neediness overcomes neuroses - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 11 Old 02-27-2009, 01:30 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi all,

I have been resisting posting here due to superstitious thinking (I posted a lot in my DDC last time, then miscarried, so if I didn't post at all this time then clearly that would be the magic spell to prevent mc, right?!). But now I realize that the benefits of having people to "talk" to and share this early pregnancy with are going to far outweigh the drawbacks of the superstitious voice in my head yelling "Jinx!" Thus my conclusion, neediness overcomes neuroses

I'm 5 weeks along, and wishing that I had some symptoms. Maybe one of you ladies suffering morning sickness could send some of it my way... now Ive surely jinxed myself there, haven't I? But it would be nice to know this isn't just in my head (and on the 5 HPTs I've taken... dh has forbidden me to buy any more so I'm rationing the last few out!).

BUT I just got great news. My husband is not a carrier of the cystic fibrosis gene! I had found out right before conception that I am a carrier. So that's really good news. I actually only realized how much it was weighing on me while I was on hold (forever!) with the nurse as she (slowly!) got my chart and looked up the results. Definitely a big relief, and I felt like sharing the news.

So, thanks for letting me ramble for a bit. I look forward to getting to know everyone here better!

Becca, mommy to my little pumpkin DS (10/09)
#2 of 11 Old 02-27-2009, 01:45 PM

That's wonderful! :

I know how you feel about jinxing. I'm feeling a lot better now that I have suffered the majority of my usual morning sickness and that I've seen a heartbeat on ultrasound.

Did you have morning sickness with your miscarriage? It really may mean nothing. I have a friend who had no sickness with her healthy son but lots of sickness with a pregnancy that ended in miscarriage. Also, I find that the morning sickness hits hard at 6 weeks, so it's definitely not abnormal not to have it at 5 weeks. :

Wife to the man I never expected, DS born at home '07, '08, baby girl born at home Oct '09!
#3 of 11 Old 02-27-2009, 02:29 PM

Welcome and lots of luck!!!! Some people just don't get sick. Maybe that's you? I don't get sick. Once in awhile I might get gaggy but that's about it. Instead I get super duper tired.

Heathertreehugger.gif
Mama to 5 (b17,b11,b9,g6,b4)

Our Final Addition stork-suprise.gifarriving in Mid June 2014

#4 of 11 Old 02-27-2009, 03:05 PM

Myne didn't really hit until 6 wks, and hasn't in any of my other pg's, either.

nak.gif Mommy to fencing.gifKai 2/03, hammer.gifCaden 1/08, energy.gif Kara 10/09, angel1.gif 3/21/13, &

rainbow1284.gif baby.gif  Cole 2/3/14 ♡ Happily unmarried to geek.gif Papa since 2002 ♡

~We may not have it all together  but together we have it all~ uc.jpgsaynovax.gifgoorganic.jpgintactivist.giflactivist.gif 

#5 of 11 Old 02-27-2009, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by treehugginmama View Post
Welcome and lots of luck!!!! Some people just don't get sick. Maybe that's you? I don't get sick. Once in awhile I might get gaggy but that's about it. Instead I get super duper tired.
ditto with the super tired! it's like the heaviest weight in the world!
i do get nauseous occasionally, but definitely not like my last PG.
didn't feel anything till just a few days ago (when i hit about 6.5 weeks).

i'm glad you're posting.... i think it's really important to share and connect, especially if you've experienced loss. it's good to let people encourage you!
#6 of 11 Old 02-27-2009, 04:20 PM

I understand the fear! I didn't post in my last ddc with dd2 because I'd just lost a baby at 12 weeks. But I felt so alone!

As for symptoms, I didn't get any with this pg until almost 7 weeks!

Jill, mama to three fiery girlies and a sweet baby boy: Grace, 11.30.2005,  Ayla, 3.22.2008, Norah 9.5.09, Reed 8.19.11 & dfs Gage 2.29.12   angel1.gif x4

#7 of 11 Old 02-27-2009, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. Cellaneous View Post
But now I realize that the benefits of having people to "talk" to and share this early pregnancy with are going to far outweigh the drawbacks of the superstitious voice in my head yelling "Jinx!" Thus my conclusion, neediness overcomes neuroses

I'm 5 weeks along, and wishing that I had some symptoms. Maybe one of you ladies suffering morning sickness could send some of it my way... now Ive surely jinxed myself there, haven't I? But it would be nice to know this isn't just in my head.
: Glad you got good news on the CF front! From the looks of your chart, we are at almost exactly the same point in our pregnancies. Like you, I am just waiting to feel something. Anything. I'm glad there are still some symptomless mamas out there so I don't feel so alone!

I actually just told the first person today that I am pg. As soon as I did, I had to fight that "jinx" feeling. I think it's just part of the territory of having had an early pregnancy loss.

Anyway, it's very reassuring to have all these helpful ladies letting us know that morning sickness is likely lurking around the corner in week 6 or 7. If I am 'driving the porcelain bus' then, I'll remember I was hoping for a sure-fire symptom!

Mommy to a boy (6), girls (4&2), and our baby boy (8 months)

Missing Ashlyn 10/18/06 and Brennan 10/18/10
#8 of 11 Old 02-27-2009, 06:32 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for all the encouragement! Nobody but DH knows IRL, so it's great to have support from others in the same boat.

I'll see what happens next week on the nausea front... like mom to JJ I'll try to remember that I was hoping for symptoms if it does hit! My sister had wicked morning sickness but my mom has told me she didn't have any with me or my sister, so hopefully I just take after her!

Becca, mommy to my little pumpkin DS (10/09)
#9 of 11 Old 02-27-2009, 07:06 PM

My m/s didn't hit until late in week six. It has gotten better in the last few days so it would be nice if the worst of it is over. We'll see, though.

and congratualtions. I know how you feel. I lost a baby at 9 weeks in December a few days before Christmas. The early part of pregnancy is hard after a loss.

Stephanie-33 lucky mama of 5 precious ones: DD-12, DS-9 , DS-6 , and DD-3 and Bridget Alannah  SHE'S ONE NOW! loving wife to DH-38
#10 of 11 Old 02-27-2009, 07:31 PM

I know EXACTLY how you feel. I feel like everything I do will jinx me in some way. The weird thing is that last pg, the one I lost, I had a perfect first trimester. I had ZERO spotting, the morning sickness came on right about 6 weeks, I felt SO comfortable being pregnant. We saw the heartbeat @ 8.5 weeks and my due date I had from my 2 months of charting was right on the dot.

Then WHAMMO, I had ONE red drop of blood and my world caved in. By the end of the day, I was needing a pad. I waited to go to the dr. until the next day on my regularly scheduled appointment and there was no doubt that we had lost our little love.

I re-examined that pg under a microscope for the past 20 1/2 months. Every month when we DIDN"T get pg again, I tried to remember how we had dtd in order to get pg, what day/days we dtd, how I felt, where I was at, what phase the moon was in, what color sock I wore that day...

Now, just when we had decided to get surgery to help my have less painful cycles and clean up scar tissue from my endo, I'm pregnant. This pg has already been so 'not normal' that I'm beginning to think that I'm just 'not normal.' I had bloody show the day AF was due, I've had on/off brown spotting since the day I tested, nausea/diarhea were my FIRST symptoms, I am eating like I just walked out of the desert, I have had an u/s that scared the beegeezus outta me (5+ wks, transvag, gest. sac and yolk sac but no heartbeat YET). MOST of those things, I am now realizing, ARE normal and HAVE happened to me in all of my previous pg's except Zoe's. I'm holding onto that thread of hope so that I don't lose my everlovin' mind before my repeat u/s on Tuesday.

Anyhow, sorry to hijack, but I wanted you to know that you aren't alone. There is a group of women I chat with over on the Pregnant after a Loss board/thread. Here's a link if you wanna check them out and chat with women who have BTDT and could probably write the "FOR IDIOTS" manual!!!
http://www.mothering.com/discussions...play.php?f=156

Jen-loving Bill, mama to Teryn 18, Kalyn 16, Ricky 13, Natalie 5, Angel Zoe '07 and rainbow1284.gifAmelia Rae 22 mos bonus kids (dss) W 14, W 13 NEW grandbaby due 10/10/11

#11 of 11 Old 02-28-2009, 01:50 AM

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
CONGRATULATIONS & welcome to the Oct09 ddc!

North Idaho rural living  mama to: 23 yo DD, 16 yo DS, 8 yo DS, 6 yo DS, 4 yr old DS, 2 yo DD, and 1 yo DS. And someone new coming this Christmas!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page