Getting kicked by toddler in stomach (accidentally) - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 11 Old 02-27-2009, 10:34 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Anyone?? I was accidentally kneed by my almost 3 year old today when she was getting up on my lap decently hard pretty close to my pubic bone. Anyone else had that happen? I'll just worry now until my 1st appt... which is in mid-March... that everything is ok. I'm sure our bodies are made for that sort of thing... but reassurance would be nice My DH thinks I'm crazy and says women get into car accidents, etc. but I still worry...

At home mommy to Paige 2004, Sydney 2006 and Cole 2009 :
#2 of 11 Old 02-27-2009, 10:38 PM

My son regularly bounces on my stomach and nothing has happened yet. That bean is protected by layers of fat, muscle and bone! I think you will be just fine!

Mama to a sweet baby boy (01/18/08), wife to a sweet and loving husband, blogger:, swimmer:, reader of all things and future IBCLC. Waiting zenfully for my spirit baby to return!
#3 of 11 Old 02-28-2009, 01:26 AM

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
I really felt freaked out many times during my last pregnancy because my toddler would kick & shove & knee my belly often, especially when he was breastfeeding. Eventually I started putting a pillow between him & my belly during nursing! I'm sure it's very common, & our bodies are designed to protect that little person in there! I'm sure you & the wee one are totally fine, but it's still scary & I've been there! Try not to worry.

North Idaho rural living  mama to: 23 yo DD, 16 yo DS, 8 yo DS, 6 yo DS, 4 yr old DS, 2 yo DD, and 1 yo DS. And someone new coming this Christmas!
#4 of 11 Old 02-28-2009, 09:02 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks... it's good to hear reassurance. I'm sure it happened with my 2nd pregnancy... my 1st was only 10 mo. old when I got pregnant... so I'm sure she did the same thing... it's just been awhile now and I don't remember

#5 of 11 Old 02-28-2009, 09:41 AM

Yup, i get kicked a lot. She's a kicker when we sleep so my belly or back or always getting it.

Heathertreehugger.gif
Mama to 5 (b17,b11,b9,g6,b4)

Our Final Addition stork-suprise.gifarriving in Mid June 2014

#6 of 11 Old 02-28-2009, 01:22 PM

I've been kicked a bunch by my 2.5 y/o, she just doesn't realize she's doing it. For me though it really hurts because of my c/s scar. She's realizing that she can't do it anymore, mommy's not for jumping off of that's daddy's job.

Me Wife to T (14 years)Mama to Princess(4) and Monster Boy(my 1 year old ):
#7 of 11 Old 03-03-2009, 04:07 PM

I worked at a daycare with toddlers all through my first pregnancy. They were constantly jumping into my lap, and once the baby got big enough, they kept kneeing him in the head! :P It hurt a lot because my skin would get pinched between knee-bone and skull, but it didn't damage him at all. (You'd think it would have persuaded him to turn head-down out of self-preservation, but no.)
#8 of 11 Old 03-03-2009, 07:22 PM
pjs

Being pregnant seems to be an unspoken invitation to all of my kids to elbow me in the uterus as hard as they can whenever they can. Seriously. I know I notice it more, but do they really need to use their elbow in my uterus to help themselves get up when we're snuggling together?
#9 of 11 Old 03-03-2009, 07:40 PM

Having little ones and being pregnant turns my stomach into a bulls eye. LOL Elbowed, kneed, headbutted, kicked.. all has been well. Babe is super protected in there!

treehugger.gifAutistic pagan mama with five kiddos on the spectrum, learning through living life. autismribbon.gif  computergeek2.gif

#10 of 11 Old 03-03-2009, 10:47 PM - Thread Starter

You all have made me feel much, much better thank you!!!

#11 of 11 Old 03-03-2009, 11:19 PM

Just adding to the masses. I first got hit really badly my first pregnancy, at around 6 weeks. I ran into the corner of the countertop. I was worried that time and called the doc, but since then I have tripped, been rammed into by heads, elbows, knees, toys, feet and various other objects.

I no longer worry. ;-)

Shelley, mom to dd 5/19/01, ds 9/06/02, and ds 4/01/07.  Lost babe 4/09

belly.gifDue 12/18/12!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page