due at the end of october? who's with me? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 27 Old 02-28-2009, 10:05 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
i feel so alone in my early pregnancyness! lol i'm only 6 weeks, and it feels like everyone else in this DDC is so far ahead of me! so i wanted to start a thread so that the late bloomers can make me feel less alone!

who's with me???
#2 of 27 Old 02-28-2009, 10:55 AM

Another late bloomer here! Oct. 27. Halloween baby, maybe?

Are you experiencing any symptoms yet? None for me, unless this raging case of acne is pg-related.

It's definitely still sinking in for me...

Becca, mommy to my little pumpkin DS (10/09)
#3 of 27 Old 02-28-2009, 10:57 AM

i thought i was due 10/7 but my ultrasound said 10/19. So I am right there with you. My third child was due the end of July and that was terrible because everyone on the board (not MDC) had their babies induced early. Mine is the youngest by like three weeks!

I sort of toyed with the idea of getting to know the November DDC because my babies tend to be late...
#4 of 27 Old 02-28-2009, 11:08 AM - Thread Starter

no, no symptoms yet. well, i'm crazy tired and bitchy! lol but at this time with the last baby, i had morning sickness, sore boobs, the whole nine yards. nothing like that this time. maybe i'll get lucky and skip all the bad parts! lol
#5 of 27 Old 02-28-2009, 11:14 AM

I'm in the middle of the month this time, but when I was pg with ds, I was due August 25th (and he ended up being born September 1st). Like 3pink1blue suggested, I spent time on the September board as well as August, because that way I felt less "behind". It'll be especially helpful when the babies start coming, because there may be some "October" babies who come 8 weeks before other "October" babies. And when you're one of the last ones, it can feel like the early moms are sending their babies to kindergarten by the time yours finally shows up!

That being said, though, the difference isn't so big in the middle stages of pg. There'll be several months where you probably won't feel very "behind". It's more at the beginning and end. And, of course, we're all glad you're here with us!

Lisa , mom to Isaac (9/1/03), Violet (6/19/06), Simon (10/9/09); wife to Eric ; handservant to Grace :
#6 of 27 Old 02-28-2009, 12:12 PM

you aint alone. i am only about 5 weeks. i feel like the only one this early. lol

In Love since 2007. Forever missing our unborn angels 04/06~10/08~03/09 TTC for over 2yrs Praying for a 2010 : healthy baby
#7 of 27 Old 02-28-2009, 12:20 PM

I'm due 10/26, hoping the baby will be a little earlier rather than a little later. I've never been a fan of Halloween, so I definitely don't want a 10/31 baby.

Is it just me, or does early pg seem to last forever? Week 5 has seemed crazy long. I guess I am just anxious for something to start happening, so it seems like time is dragging!

Mommy to a boy (6), girls (4&2), and our baby boy (8 months)

Missing Ashlyn 10/18/06 and Brennan 10/18/10
#8 of 27 Old 02-28-2009, 12:32 PM

I'm sort of with ya! I'll be 6 weeks on Monday, but am hanging out primarily in the November DDC because I *want* a November baby, not an October one . DS was born at 41w3days, so I am hoping this little one will also stay in for awhile.
#9 of 27 Old 02-28-2009, 01:03 PM

Me! I'm due October 31st. But I usually give birth 4-5 days before my due date, which would be a 26-27th baby.

Stephanie, Mama to five beautiful kids, wife to J

#10 of 27 Old 02-28-2009, 01:10 PM

I'm due the 25th!!! still only 5 weeks along here!!!!
#11 of 27 Old 02-28-2009, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. Cellaneous View Post
Another late bloomer here! Oct. 27. Halloween baby, maybe?

Are you experiencing any symptoms yet? None for me, unless this raging case of acne is pg-related.

It's definitely still sinking in for me...
This. Thats all I have too. Zits everywhere. LOL I think I'm due around the middle-end of October but I'm not really sure yet.

treehugger.gifAutistic pagan mama with five kiddos on the spectrum, learning through living life. autismribbon.gif  computergeek2.gif

#12 of 27 Old 02-28-2009, 02:23 PM

By LMP I'm due the 19th, but I suspect late O so probably more like the 22nd-24th. I tend to carry my babies as long as possible (DD was 41w5d and DS was induced at 40w on the nose). I suspect I'll go at least to the 19th.

Monica, mom to Lilly (7) and Carter (4) and rainbow baby Elsa (11/27/10).
#13 of 27 Old 02-28-2009, 04:21 PM

I think I O'ed later, even though LMP says 10/22, my dr. said it was probably 2-3 days off. I'd love a Halloween baby, but mine usually come early, so we'll just shoot for sometime in Oct LOL

Jen-loving Bill, mama to Teryn 18, Kalyn 16, Ricky 13, Natalie 5, Angel Zoe '07 and rainbow1284.gifAmelia Rae 22 mos bonus kids (dss) W 14, W 13 NEW grandbaby due 10/10/11

#14 of 27 Old 02-28-2009, 04:57 PM

When are you "late October" gals announcing your pregnancies? I am so dying to tell esp. my mom and my sister. I had planned to tell immediate family right away, but we did that with our first pregnancy and asked them to keep it under wraps for a while. My nephews went home to their mom (my ex-SIL) and she told people at church, and suddenly everybody knew :...and then I miscarried. So I think I'm skittish about that and might wait until my 8 week ultrasound to see that all is well. But it's getting hard to not mention something when I talk to my mom.

#15 of 27 Old 02-28-2009, 07:55 PM - Thread Starter

we've told mostly everyone. but i am still skiddish, even though i've never had a miscarriage. i'm just really scared of it this time. moreso than i was last time! i go for my first ultrasound on the 9th, so after that, i'm sure we will tell everyone.
#16 of 27 Old 02-28-2009, 09:12 PM

I'm here too! 6 weeks today and due October 24th! I'm going for my first ultrasound this Tuesday. Just bloated and peeing a lot here.
#17 of 27 Old 02-28-2009, 09:12 PM

Im due Oct 20th. Im 6 weeks/will be 7 weeks tuesday. It looks like my baby has a good chance to be born on a family members birthday. Lol. My moms birthday is OCT 1st, my Bro birthday is Oct 7th, my Bro in laws birthday is Oct 18th & My Mother in laws birthday is the 1st of november. So if the baby comes early, on time, late its got a good chance of landing on another birthday! Oh well!
#18 of 27 Old 02-28-2009, 10:03 PM

i haven't told a soul IRL. I am a very private person, and I normally don't tell till I show, 24ish weeks.
#19 of 27 Old 02-28-2009, 10:08 PM

I'm due 10/27 with #3! I waited a whole week before I couldn't keep my mouth shut anymore. Good news is hard to keep secret! I am a little skittish this time around, though, because we've had three friends lose pregnancies early on. I'm trying to stay super positive!

Had first touch of morning sickness yesterday and am already craving eggs and tuna... same as my first two pregnancies! And seriously, what is with the acne???

28-year-old SAH/Homeschooling Mamma to DS5, DD3, DS16mo. Helpmeet to DH since 2003. TTC #4!
#20 of 27 Old 02-28-2009, 10:27 PM

We are not telling anyone until I start to show. I hope we can wait until after my SIL has her baby in June. Unfortunately the babe has heart problems and will likely require surgery. I hope we don't have to tell anyone until after she is ok and makes it out of surgery.

Stephanie, Mama to five beautiful kids, wife to J

#21 of 27 Old 03-01-2009, 12:00 AM

Hi all. I'm due Oct. 23. We've told the immediate family and some of our friends. I've been experiencing some fatigue and nipple sensitivity when bfing.

I just got over the stomach flu which wasn't as bad as it could have been and so I'm slowly reintroducing solids. Before the flu, I was eating every 3 hours to avoid low blood sugar and that seems to keep me happy.
#22 of 27 Old 03-01-2009, 01:33 AM

Oct. 30th here, was considering the November board, but... 4 of my 5 have come early, only one late baby, so I'm hoping for another early bird here (preferably a week or so, so baby won't have to share TOO much of a birthday with halloween).

I've been mildly sick with one thing or another since before AF showed up again after my last kiddo, so not really sure what's morning sickness and what's not, except as of a few days ago, everyone else in the house is all well again. Darn, was hoping to avoid that this time entirely! I'm also feeling like passing out with fatigue constantly. Gotta get myself eating better (I know, when the very thought of most foods turns my stomache).
#23 of 27 Old 03-01-2009, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nature View Post
This. Thats all I have too. Zits everywhere. LOL I think I'm due around the middle-end of October but I'm not really sure yet.
So glad I'm not the only one with crazy zits. Seriously, not only do I have it on my face, I have backne and shacne (that's shoulder acne, a new category I never knew existed until now). Where's that pregnancy glow?!!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom-to-jj View Post
Is it just me, or does early pg seem to last forever? Week 5 has seemed crazy long. I guess I am just anxious for something to start happening, so it seems like time is dragging!
YES. This will be my first so I don't know if all pregnancy is like that, but the early days just seem to go soooo slooooow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom-to-jj View Post
When are you "late October" gals announcing your pregnancies? I am so dying to tell esp. my mom and my sister. I had planned to tell immediate family right away, but we did that with our first pregnancy and asked them to keep it under wraps for a while. My nephews went home to their mom (my ex-SIL) and she told people at church, and suddenly everybody knew :...and then I miscarried. So I think I'm skittish about that and might wait until my 8 week ultrasound to see that all is well. But it's getting hard to not mention something when I talk to my mom.
Ugh, this is a big conflict between me and my DH. If I had my way, I'd tell my mom and sister about five minutes after I peed on the stick. If he had his way, he'd tell his parents round about the kid's first birthday. I'm exaggerating, but only slightly. He definitely wants to wait until we get through the 1st trimester. He's a very private guy, but more than that he's very superstitious when it comes to these things. Which is funny because in everything else he's totally Mr. Logical, but when it comes to baby/pregnancy stuff it's like he's some Dark Ages villager worried about the evil eye. Which is actually sort of sweet, but also annoying, because I want to tell people! I'm hoping that we'll be able to compromise and tell people in a couple weeks, whenever we (hopefully!) see the heartbeat.

Becca, mommy to my little pumpkin DS (10/09)
#24 of 27 Old 03-01-2009, 12:51 PM

Hi all - I'm another October 24th. This is the first for my partner and I and long awaited. The days are crawling by with each day that I'm still pregnant a good day! We've told a few intimates but will wait at least a few more weeks until telling our families.
#25 of 27 Old 03-01-2009, 10:10 PM

October 30th for me! Though, I haven't been to the doctor yet, so could be off a bit...and well, baby comes when baby comes

~heather

heather - wife to my wonderful husband , mama to Brenten William 12/29/06, and Devin Findley 10/20/09
#26 of 27 Old 03-02-2009, 11:49 AM

My DH also didn't want to tell anyone until as late as possible, Ms. Cell... but I want the support of my sister and parents if we m/c, so I told them this weekend.

I totally agree with stel - every day that the bathroom tissue is clear and clean is a good day!

Mom-to-jj...yes, this early part has already seemed forever. I have only known for three days, but they have been long and every trip to the bathroom is scary. Sheesh! Does it get better?

I guess I have no reason to think I will m/c, but I have known so many who have. The psychic I went to a few weeks ago said I was already pregnant or would be soon (this was before I knew for sure!) and said the pregnancy would go well, the baby would be "good sized" (eep!) and the birth and delivery would go well. LET's HOPE the psychic was right!!! :

Birthed a beautiful baby boy, Ethan, 11/11/09.
#27 of 27 Old 03-02-2009, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cellist View Post
Mom-to-jj...yes, this early part has already seemed forever. I have only known for three days, but they have been long and every trip to the bathroom is scary. Sheesh! Does it get better?
Cellist - It does get better. I miscarried my first pregnancy, so when I was pg with DS, I seriously expected to see blood every single time I went to the bathroom for like 16 weeks. It was awful! This time is already better. I check, but I don't really expect to have spotting or bleeding. The only time it freaks me out is when I feel a trickle, like when AF is starting. Then I run to the bathroom, and of course there is nothing. The mind just plays tricks, I guess.

Ms. Cellaneous - I think once you start seeing your belly grow and feeling the baby move, the pregnancy goes faster. There is always something to enjoy--kicks, hiccups, feeling a little head or tushie or an elbow...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page