Midnight M/S! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-01-2009, 04:31 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi, everyone.

At this very moment, I'm insanely wondering why the seasickness is referred to as morning sickness. Mine comes at any time other than the morning. It loves to happen around midnight... right on the dot! It seems to be increasing in severity instead of slowly subsiding. (I'll be approximately 7 weeks on Monday. Will know exact EDD Monday afternoon via u/s!) I never once experienced M/S with DDs, so I'm assuming since this is my last pregnancy it's making up for not having it the other times.

I've tried numerous teas, chewing gum, Bonine, and a couple of other RX and OTC medications that are approved during pregnancy for M/S, all to no avail. I strongly believe some of my fatigue is coming from not being able to sleep at night due to the M/S.

Thanks for letting me vent, ladies. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Charlize, married to DH 4/12/04. Mom to DD1 (4/2005) dust.gif, DD2 (3/2007) blowkiss.gif, and DD3 (10/2009) bouncy.gif, and DD4 (6/2011) energy.gif.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-01-2009, 12:39 PM

My m/s got bad late in the sixth week and felt very much like what you are describing as all the time seasickness. I have four children and none of my pregnancies with them caused m/s like this. I was gaggy with them when I brushed my teech, but not sick. Sometimes when I get up at night to pee, I feel the seasickness feeling. I'm so tired though, that I lay down and fall asleep. Sleeping is the only escape from feeling sick! I'm sorry it is waking you up. That sounds terrible! I'm nine weeks now and in the last few days it has let up a bit but is still there.

Stephanie-33 lucky mama of 5 precious ones: DD-12, DS-9 , DS-6 , and DD-3 and Bridget Alannah  SHE'S ONE NOW! loving wife to DH-38
Old 03-01-2009, 02:32 PM

Wow, we are having a mirror pregnancy it almost sounds like. My first two pregnancies I had no m/s at all and then with DD I had something that I wouldn't really call m/s, it was more like severe indigestion that just made my stomach hurt all the time. But this time around I just went all out with the m/s which I thought was going to kill me since I never really had it before. Around week 6 I got mild symptoms but by week 7 I was not sleeping at all because every night I would wake up all night long and finally puke at about 2:30. Without fail this happend for like a week and a half. I was so tired and grumpy and my body was so stiff from lack of sleep. But you know when I would get that feeling that I was getting sick crackers actually did help me. It took a few moments for them to work but about 3 minutes after eating them I was just fine. I was also getting sick throughout the whole day too. But maybe you will be glad to hear that I am 2 days away from week 9 and my m/s has seemed to pretty much disappear with a few exceptions. But even though I have felt sick a few times in the past 5 days or so it is nothing like how it was when I was getting sick all day and night. It is just a little here and there which I can gladly handle. Maybe you will start feeling better soon too.
Old 03-01-2009, 02:37 PM

Oh man that stinks, I'm sorry. Can you take 25 mg of B6 right before you go to bed? Maybe that will help curb it? B6 is what is saving me right now from violently heaving over the toilet. I hope you find something that works!!!

homeschool.gif mama to DS6modifiedartist.gif and DD1fly-by-nursing1.gif
Old 03-01-2009, 07:01 PM - Thread Starter

My OB is completely against B6 for M/S. My OB was very flexible when I was pregnant with DD2, but has turned into a health nut this time around. I think her flexibility last time was because she was preggers too! Everything she wants me to try is natural for the most part, but I had to push severely for the Bonine and Regalan (even though they are 100% safe during pregnancy via numerous sources and my pharmacist.) I'm not saying that's a bad thing, but I definitely need some relief at this point.

I had gained six pounds in the first week after I found out I was preggers; at this point, I have lost fifteen pounds since then. It's almost impossible for me to eat. I don't even want to see food. There's approximately a two hour period each day I can eat and be somewhat okay, but I still feel like I'm malnourishing the baby.

My hcg levels are quadrupling. With DD1, they were low and didn't even double. It took them four days I believe to double. With DD2, early quant hcg tests showed they were tripling. With this baby, my early quants have shown they are almost quadrupling, but they are still within the average ranges and not high, which could be an indicator of Down's. No worries there, but I'm attributing some of the M/S to the rapidly increasing hcg levels.

The severity of the M/S is causing some major resentment issues. I'm not sure if the resentment is against the pregnancy itself or the baby as well. (This was a very, very planned pregnancy. I was taking Clomid treatments since July '08 and had even said I preferred a Halloween baby.) I've even thought such horrible things as "What if I m/c'd?" and that I don't want the baby. It concerns me. And my OB, family, DH and inlaws dismiss all the bad feelings as part of the extreme sickness. I know once the baby gets here I will feel totally different. I'm constantly crying day in day out as well, partly due to the M/S and the resentment. I feel overwhelmed. I go between thinking what I would do without the new baby and wanting it over with. It's an emotional rollercoaster from hell. Since I'm sleeping so much to cope with the M/S, my mother and grandmother are more or less taking complete care of the girls now. I feel so guilty as if I have thrown away the girls. I'm crying as I type this. I have never felt these feelings before. DH is in from his base until Thursday morning, so he's being a tremendous help with the girls and trying to give as much support as possible. He feels horrible I'm so sick and having these feelings. He was shocked when he got here Friday night and saw how sick I really am. With the other pregnancies, I worked and maintained an active lifestyle for the most part. With this one, I'm forced to be a SAHM (it isn't a bad thing, but takes some adjusting for me.) I had contemplated doing the at-home bookeeping thing so I could still feel productive, but I don't think I would have the energy to keep with my clients as I should.

I've tried crackers too; different types, textures, etc. No help. While I had the virus with DD1 and DD2, it seemed as though my M/S eased up for a few days. I thought then that hopefully it was going away. When I finally got 100% better though, it came back full force, if not worse.

I really want to connnect with other moms in the October DDC as well. But I have no energy left to really get involved. I lurk, but that's about it. (That oddly makes me want to cry too!)

I'm sorry if my reply is scatter-brained. I'm battling another horrendous bout of M/S as we speak. I want to get everything out. I think possibly some of the M/S is induced as well. DH is still unsure about re-enlisting and going to Officer Training School. (That's a huge step for us!) So, I'm definitely having soem anxiety about following him around the country as the military tells us to with three small children. If we were staying close to family, that would be different.

And as always, thanks for letting me vent!

Charlize, married to DH 4/12/04. Mom to DD1 (4/2005) dust.gif, DD2 (3/2007) blowkiss.gif, and DD3 (10/2009) bouncy.gif, and DD4 (6/2011) energy.gif.

Old 03-01-2009, 07:22 PM

I'm sorry you are having such a hard time

Why is your ob so against B6?

homeschool.gif mama to DS6modifiedartist.gif and DD1fly-by-nursing1.gif
Old 03-01-2009, 07:34 PM - Thread Starter

When I was pregnant with DD2, she actually suggested B6 if you had M/S. I remember it from the information booklet she gave me at my first visit.

Now, she says it can be potentially harmful if too much is taken. My OB is a friend of sorts as well. (I actually have her cell number and have called her numerous times at all hours.) She said something about she has seen it cited in natural m/c methods? That could possibly be one reason. She's very, very pro-life. She's also proactive on no circ, all natural pregnancies, etc etc.

As I said, she has become somewhat overly cautious. I don't know if she has had something happen with a patient between the time I had DD2 and now or what. I hit approximately seven weeks tomorrow, so maybe no M/S soon. Let's hope?

User Tag List