who isn't really getting morning sickness (so far!)? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 20 Old 03-01-2009, 12:15 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I feel bad for you guys who are suffering all day long, can't keep food down, etc...! I don't really feel nauseous at all--even when i take vitamins on just water.

I never did have much m/s--even with my last babe, i was nauseous all the time but i don't think i ever actually lost my lunch. Any input on what this means as to the gender?? Aren't "girls supposed to make you suffer during pregnancy, but boys wait until they're born" or something silly like that?

If nothing else but for less complicated housing plans, i would like to think this newbie is a boy!

Of course, my posting something like this could be the cosmic highlighting that attracts a ton of morning sickness just when we're "supposed" to be over it hehehe

Freethinking Earth-mama of five. uc.jpg

#2 of 20 Old 03-01-2009, 12:39 PM

My DD is very much a girl and she gave me no m/s other than feeling slightly nauseous, fatigued and I had headaches. People said she was a boy because she didn't make me sick.

This time I was sick from the day I found out until a few days ago. Not constantly but randomly with a few terrible days of all day nausea with some puking, yuck. Then a couple days ago it just vanished. I said that I was having a boy to DH because I felt so different. Plus my leg hair was growing faster and I had B.O.(gross). I feel really good now, and usually do when pg. I did gag this am but it was for like 2 seconds and then gone.

I know women who were sick as a dog with either sex, I think it's more of a sensitivity to the hormones, than the sex. Although I'm so convinced my baby is a boy because I do feel different. We won't be finding out either, so it's gonna be a big surprise.

Oh and the suffering....LOL, my DD at 2.5 can be the biggest PITA, I know TONS of boys her age who are nothing but sweet peas. She's a firecracker waiting to pop at any moment. Her energy level is more than most boys, she's just a go-go kiddo. When she was a baby she was the sweetest little thing-now she is a crazy child.

Me Wife to T (14 years)Mama to Princess(4) and Monster Boy(my 1 year old ):
#3 of 20 Old 03-01-2009, 12:44 PM

You know, this time around I haven't really had much m/s. I've had a massive cold sore, lymph node and ear infection, dizzy spells, and constant chills, but no real m/s.

Maybe this kid's giving me a break? Or, frankly, it could be that I'm still so early that I'm not getting it yet. I'll be 7 w tomorrow. With my other two, though, I was sickest from 5 to 10 weeks.

Monica, mom to Lilly (7) and Carter (4) and rainbow baby Elsa (11/27/10).
#4 of 20 Old 03-01-2009, 01:05 PM

Personally I don't even want to hear about those of you who are not sick!

I never really got sick with either of my boys, only my dd and I have been pretty sick this time around which is why I think I am having a girl.

Busy Mom raising 5 kiddos, 7, 6, 5, 2  and a brand new bundle!! (5/15/11)  cd.gifribbonpb.gifnovaxnoIRC.gif

#5 of 20 Old 03-01-2009, 01:32 PM

im only a little over 5 weeks, but thus far i have not felt sick at all. i never really got sick when i was pregnant with ds, so hopefully it stays this way!
#6 of 20 Old 03-01-2009, 01:41 PM

No morning sickness at all here. In fact, no symptoms at all. *shrug*

treehugger.gifAutistic pagan mama with five kiddos on the spectrum, learning through living life. autismribbon.gif  computergeek2.gif

#7 of 20 Old 03-01-2009, 03:02 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
sorry!!

Freethinking Earth-mama of five. uc.jpg

#8 of 20 Old 03-01-2009, 03:04 PM

I've never really gotten sick. I had nothing but fatigue with the boys. A little gagginess with my daughter. I get gaggy now too but still not that bad.

Heathertreehugger.gif
Mama to 5 (b17,b11,b9,g6,b4)

Our Final Addition stork-suprise.gifarriving in Mid June 2014

#9 of 20 Old 03-01-2009, 04:30 PM

I've had absolutely no morning sickness this time. So I'm positive this bean is a girl, because with my boys it was all day all night sickness.

Stephanie, Mama to five beautiful kids, wife to J

#10 of 20 Old 03-01-2009, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil_stinkyfeet View Post

I never really got sick with either of my boys, only my dd and I have been pretty sick this time around which is why I think I am having a girl.
Eh, mine'll probably show up tomorrow or something.

#11 of 20 Old 03-01-2009, 06:23 PM

i have only had slight nausea off and on. almost everyday though. with my son i was sick from the day after i found out, till 5 months. i have known for 2 weeks already, nothing other than nausea, my boobs were horribly sore, but now they are just really full and still a lil sore on the sides. peeing quite often, cant sleep through the night, but can sleep all day. slight headaches here and there and constipation (sorry tmi). other than that i am super!!! i go on the 9th (one week away) for my first u/s. i am so nervous and anxious. i am praying that there is a little baby in there with a strong heartbeat

In Love since 2007. Forever missing our unborn angels 04/06~10/08~03/09 TTC for over 2yrs Praying for a 2010 : healthy baby
#12 of 20 Old 03-01-2009, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFuglei View Post
Eh, mine'll probably show up tomorrow or something.
Wouldn't that figure.. I hope for you sake that doesn't happen.

Busy Mom raising 5 kiddos, 7, 6, 5, 2  and a brand new bundle!! (5/15/11)  cd.gifribbonpb.gifnovaxnoIRC.gif

#13 of 20 Old 03-01-2009, 07:02 PM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Y'know, I've had very little nausea this time so far, too. I'm 7 weeks today. I've had several short waves of yuckiness, but not every day & not enough to actually complain about. I'm very grateful for that!

With my 1st pregnancy I had very little nausea. It turned out to be a girl. Then with my 2nd pregnancy I was the sickest I've ever been while pg, that was the only pregnancy where I actually threw up. I was totally grossed out. Then, when I had very little nausea with pg #3, I totally assumed I was having another girl! But no, the baby came out with a penis & shocked me. There's just no telling with these things (for me anyway).

North Idaho rural living treehugger.gif mama to: 22 yo DD, 15 yo DS, 8 yo DS, 6 yo DS, 4 yr old DS, 2 yo DD, and 1 yo DS. stillheart.gif And someone new coming this Christmas! stillheart.gif

#14 of 20 Old 03-01-2009, 07:11 PM

I wish we could set up some sort of a morning sickness exchange program. Hear me out. Those ladies who are suffering from bad m/s could send just a little bit of it to those who are anxiously hoping for SOME kind of symptom that they're actually pregnant. (Er, that would be me.) Everybody wins.

Actually I felt a little nauseated this morning. I tell this to my husband, who knows that I've been hoping for symptoms, and he says, "That's good!" The crazy conversations we have while TTC/in pregnancy....

Becca, mommy to my little pumpkin DS (10/09)
#15 of 20 Old 03-01-2009, 07:20 PM

I never had it the first time.
This time I still don't have it full on but, throughout the day, I often get a bit of a queezy feeling in my tummy...but nothing to stop me from eating!!!
(Just finnished a portion of curry chips....celebrating my return to England)
#16 of 20 Old 03-01-2009, 08:02 PM

Nope, I haven't had much. I'm 9 weeks today and my friend told me that is when it is supposed to peak, but I don't really have much of anything. I had some nausea and heartburn at 7 weeks, but I was also just getting over a stomach flu so that probably irritated my stomach. Even that wasn't terrible, though.

I didn't have much morning sickness with my daughter, but I DO remember having more food aversions and having a couple times when I DID feel pretty nauseous. I think it was many times due to my prenatal vitamin. I was taking a terrible prescription kind which I'm sure didn't help. Now I'm taking a food-based vitamin, so much better!

Oh, I'd like to add that my mother vomited EVERY DAY of BOTH of her pregnancies, including the day she gave birth. She seemed to have relatively easy labors, though. I'm so glad I didn't inherit her stomach.
#17 of 20 Old 03-02-2009, 10:32 AM

So far, nothing much here, either. Which scares me, but it sounds like you can have a very successful pregnancy without m/s???

My mom said she didn't have m/s in either of her pregnancies, either. Of course, I'm only at 6w3, so maybe I have something to look forward to...

Birthed a beautiful baby boy, Ethan, 11/11/09.
#18 of 20 Old 03-02-2009, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil_stinkyfeet View Post
Wouldn't that figure.. I hope for you sake that doesn't happen.
What'd I tell you.

It hit this morning.

#19 of 20 Old 03-02-2009, 11:45 AM

I'll be 6w tomorrow. No symptoms, no ms, no nausea. I actually would be surprised to get ms with this pg, since I never had it with DS. My mom had two boys and two girls, and she puked with all of us. Go figure.

Mommy to a boy (6), girls (4&2), and our baby boy (8 months)

Missing Ashlyn 10/18/06 and Brennan 10/18/10
#20 of 20 Old 03-02-2009, 07:11 PM

This is my third pregnancy with no m/s. I have heard the sicker you get, the stronger the babe can stay, but I guess that's no proof either. I don't anticipate any change! I have other symptoms, but am glad the m/s doesn't touch me. I would like this pregnancy & labor/birth to go as well as the previous two!

Mama to : Savannah (12/16/2002) & Bruen (3/19/2005). The H = Jason :
Baby #3 Drake (10/21/2009) :

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page