Anticipating tiny flutters soon....... - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 03-01-2009, 01:40 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hope I am not jumping the gun here but it just hit me lastnight that sometime before the month is up I may be feeling my little beans movements.

I was laying in bed lastnight and felt a little flutter (probably gas) but it reminded me that soon enough I will feel the movement and know it is my baby. Today I am 8 weeks 5 days so I think it is just too soon although I remember the last DDC I was in with DD some swore to feel movement around this time. I expect to feel it pretty soon since this is babe #4.

I was so excited I couldn't sleep. :

I can't wait for that day.
#2 of 8 Old 03-01-2009, 02:54 PM

I was having muscle spasms in the very early weeks and wondering (insanely) if somehow maybe I was months off... It really felt like the first movements I felt with DS. I feel like I read the earliest you could feel them was 17 weeks and I think that's about when I did with DS. But, then, I've also read that you "can't" feel pregnant before you miss your period and that is absolutely not true for me - I know from the moment of implantation, it seems. I am also excited to feel those flutters! DH is REALLY excited to feel the baby kick himself - sometimes I wonder if that's the whole reason he wanted another one

Wife to the man I never expected, DS born at home '07, '08, baby girl born at home Oct '09!
#3 of 8 Old 03-01-2009, 04:10 PM

I felt dd1 at 14 weeks and dd2 at 11weeks. No joke! I have a really short torso and my uterus pops more quickly than most, so that is why. My dh loves that he can feel the baby before most mamas are feeling there's! I'm guessing I'll start feeling something within a month too.

Jill, mama to three fiery girlies and a sweet baby boy: Grace, 11.30.2005,  Ayla, 3.22.2008, Norah 9.5.09, Reed 8.19.11 & dfs Gage 2.29.12   angel1.gif x4

#4 of 8 Old 03-01-2009, 06:25 PM

I felt DD at 15 weeks, my SIL told me it was impossible-trust me it was nothing like I ever felt before, she just likes to be such a know it all.

Obviously that was before 17 weeks.

Me Wife to T (14 years)Mama to Princess(4) and Monster Boy(my 1 year old ):
#5 of 8 Old 03-01-2009, 06:41 PM

I felt my second one at 14weeks. I am 9 weeks today so I too am looking forward to feeling the baby soon!

Busy Mom raising 5 kiddos, 7, 6, 5, 2  and a brand new bundle!! (5/15/11)  cd.gifribbonpb.gifnovaxnoIRC.gif

#6 of 8 Old 03-01-2009, 08:41 PM

I really wonder about this! I can't remember when I was feeling movement with my daughter, but I've already felt sensations that I swear is movement, but I'm just 9 weeks today! Is that even possible? Sometimes I feel things that I can tell is bubbles or just me pulse in my uterus, but I have felt other things that I can't quite tell what it is. Whatever it is, I am very excited to feel real movement
#7 of 8 Old 03-02-2009, 12:40 PM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
I didn't feel DD until 18.5, so I'm not going to "look" for any movements until 16 weeks or so, lol.

Andrea , child of God, wife of Tim , mama of L, B, J, J

I'm a Younique Presenter. Come check it out!!
Want to get paid daily and start earning as soon as 24 hours after sign up? Join my team!
#8 of 8 Old 03-02-2009, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillybeans View Post
I felt dd1 at 14 weeks and dd2 at 11weeks. No joke! I have a really short torso and my uterus pops more quickly than most, so that is why. My dh loves that he can feel the baby before most mamas are feeling there's! I'm guessing I'll start feeling something within a month too.
I felt DD at about 13 weeks and DS at about 16 weeks. . . but I'm not as far along as most other people are, so that means I still have at least a few months to go. . .

ETA: I meant to say, I have the same issue - a very short torso -- and I think that's why I felt DD so early. With DS, I think my placenta cushioned him or something. . . I felt like I wasn't feeling him for forever -- and when I finally did, you could feel it from the outside too.

Monica, mom to Lilly (7) and Carter (4) and rainbow baby Elsa (11/27/10).

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page