Who IS getting morning sickness a.k.a.the plague?! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-01-2009, 04:14 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Oh man.
My morning sickness seems to be getting worse today.
I am 8 1/2 weeks and this sucks.
Its nice to know that my body is changing but this is miserable.

Today is the first day I actually "threw up" from this.
On top of this I am hot flashing like crazy.
I am 27...should I be having serious hot flashes right now?!
Ugtttthhhhhhhhh.

mom to the awesomest 9 year old little lady. mom to the awesomest mushy baby born oct.16 2009 by successful VBAC. wife to the awesomest dude ever. life is good. at it again and due march 3, 2012!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-01-2009, 05:27 PM

i'm sick too. the good news is, moms with morning sickness have slightly better odds for good pregnancy outcome than those who don't. which is little consolation at this point.
Old 03-01-2009, 05:39 PM

Oh, I am right there with you. B6 has been helping sooo much (and by "sooo" I mean I havent thrown up since Tuesday.) It was so bad before the B6, now I am just nauseous and extremely tired, but at least no horrible vomitting!

homeschool.gif mama to DS6modifiedartist.gif and DD1fly-by-nursing1.gif
Old 03-01-2009, 05:42 PM

Count me in.... I will be 8 weeks Tuesday and I have thrown up 3 times in the past 24 hours. It sucks. Ohh yeah and I am 27 and having wicked hot flashes too. Mine ms has defiantely gotten alot worse in the past few days though... I have this awful taste in my mouth even opening the fridge or looking at dirty dishes stacked in the sink makes me gag and cover my mouth. I see these threads with people starting to feel better or never having ms and I get so jealous. I am afraid to go anywhere because I don't want to throw up... I didn't even go to Church today. I just want my life back.. I can't cook... my dh and dd and I have been eating total junk lately... I can't go to the gym b/c I am so sick and so my body feels like crud. I absolutely hate this part of pregnancy.

All natural Mama to Keira 6/1/07, Israel 10/10/ 09, Nairi 04/01/2011, and #4 March 2013

Old 03-01-2009, 06:24 PM

Well, for me it depends on the day. I usually just have slight nausea, but I did :Puke for the first time the other day. It was awful, but at the same time not as bad as I thought it would be. I did feel a lot better afterwards! Let's just say that Grape Nuts do not come back up easily and I probably won't be able to eat those or my favorite fajitas (the smell was what turned me) for quite some time!! Last night I went to pick up some Chinese food for dinner and had to drive with my head practically out of the window because the smells were so strong in the small space of the car. When I got home I couldn't eat for half an hour and then figured that I could only eat one of the 3 dishes because the sauces on the other 2 were way to sweet for me. I really can't handle sweets right now!! Sour and I are friends! Oh yeah, and I can't rush my teeth without gagging, but luckily it hasn't made me puke yet!

Erin , loving wife to Dave, mom to 3cat.gif, angel.gifangel.gifDec. '06, angel.gifOct. '08, DD Reagan Oct. 3, 2009

and DS Jack April 4,2012

Old 03-01-2009, 10:15 PM

Ugh. I hate this. I had a few days that were too too bad and then yesterday hit me like a hammer. I got up to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night and by the time that I got back to bed (all of 1 minutes later), I felt horrible. It was the type of nausea where I didn't even know what to do. I just wanted to feel better.

I went out and got B6 today. I'm hoping that will help. I can't find anything else that will stop it. I can't wait for this to be over!!

Proud mom of Dylan born 10/10/09
Old 03-02-2009, 02:01 PM

Tell me about B6. What does it do and how does it help? I'm 6 weeks tomorrow and the last two days have been really bad.

28-year-old SAH/Homeschooling Mamma to DS5, DD3, DS16mo. Helpmeet to DH since 2003. TTC #4!
Old 03-02-2009, 04:41 PM

I'm feeling your pain, and to top it off I just got a head cold that is kicking my butt! UGH!

: totally in love , vegan & mountain dwelling mama to my girls ❤ 5.2003 & 10.2009 ❤
Old 03-02-2009, 04:45 PM

I had it for about the first 8 weeks, all day every day no matter what. Then it went away for about 3 weeks and is back today but worse than it's ever been. <<This is a very accurate depiction of how I feel. Green and sad!

Edit -- Oops, sorry, didn't realize I was hijacking the October 09 board. Carry on!

Formerly known as "JessicaRenee".  hang.gif  Single mama to Jude (Sept '09)!  biggrinbounce.gif

Old 03-02-2009, 05:02 PM

The plague really is the more accurate description. I've had it for over 2 weeks now and it hasn't gotten any better yet. Well, some days are REALLY bad, and others are just bad. I have to eat something with protein about every 2 hours or it gets way out of control. I will be 8 weeks tomorrow, and when I think of this lasting through the rest of the first trimester it just makes me cry. I told my DH yesterday that if there was ANYTHING that made me feel good, like actually good, I would just do it all the time. So far sleep is my only reprieve. I go to bed around 8:30 every night just to finally get away from it. I can't wait to feel good again. This is so depressing

Brin, wife to my best friend , mother of three . and now homeschooling!!!
Old 03-02-2009, 07:42 PM

This has been the most severe morning sickness I've had to date. I threw up with both previous pregnancies but not until 10 weeks and JUST before it went away completely. I threw up at 6 weeks and again this am. Tooth brushing and gargling make me gag. The nausea is constant and i'm very rapidly loosing foods that I can keep down. I just remind myself that it will be over in another couple of weeks and that it just means pumpkin's doing alright .

Lucia , Poly )O( Lactation Counseling mama lady.gifvbac.gifto 5 yo Goobersuperhero.gif and 3 1/2 yo MZ twins twins.gif Peanut and Sweetpea and 1yo Pumpkinbabyf.gif mmm placenta.gif
Old 03-02-2009, 08:11 PM

I'm there too! I've had it with all of my PGs so I'm not surprised but this one is harder because I've got two other kids to take care of. With DS#2 my MW gave me Reglan and it worked wonders but not this time. Nothing seems to be helping and the nights are the worst for me. I'm 9 weeks now and just trying to keep it together to make it through a few more weeks. I really hope it ends at the end of the first trimester.

Has anyone tried Preggie Pops? I ordered some but they won't be here until Wednesday at the earliest. I hope they work. I'd give anything to find something that worked.

One by one the days are slipping up behind you ~ One by one the sweetest days of life go by :
-Woodie Guthrie
Old 03-02-2009, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leilamus View Post
I'm there too! I've had it with all of my PGs so I'm not surprised but this one is harder because I've got two other kids to take care of. With DS#2 my MW gave me Reglan and it worked wonders but not this time. Nothing seems to be helping and the nights are the worst for me. I'm 9 weeks now and just trying to keep it together to make it through a few more weeks. I really hope it ends at the end of the first trimester.

Has anyone tried Preggie Pops? I ordered some but they won't be here until Wednesday at the earliest. I hope they work. I'd give anything to find something that worked.
I got some organic preggie drops off ebay and the lemon ones help settle my stomach. But I'm not puking, just nauseated and heartburn

nak.gif Mommy to fencing.gifKai 2/03, hammer.gifCaden 1/08, energy.gif Kara 10/09, angel1.gif 3/21/13, &

rainbow1284.gif baby.gif  Cole 2/3/14 ♡ Happily unmarried to geek.gif Papa since 2002 ♡

~We may not have it all together  but together we have it all~ uc.jpgsaynovax.gifgoorganic.jpgintactivist.giflactivist.gif 

Old 03-02-2009, 09:51 PM - Thread Starter

I bought the preggie pop drops 2 weeks ago....
and they are all gone already

I felt like they helped when I was waiting in line, in a public place and driving in my car...
when I needed immediate relief.
Try them out, if anything they taste pretty good!

mom to the awesomest 9 year old little lady. mom to the awesomest mushy baby born oct.16 2009 by successful VBAC. wife to the awesomest dude ever. life is good. at it again and due march 3, 2012!

Old 03-02-2009, 10:01 PM

i take the homeopathic remedy sepia, it helps a LOT. also making sure to eat all the time, even if its just a little bit.

i didn't like preggie pops, except for the lavender flavored one. wonder if i could buy a big bag of the lavender?
Old 03-03-2009, 02:26 AM

For the last few days I've been getting "evening sickness"... exactly like my last pg. Everything smells bad/sounds horrible past about 3pm.

But this morning, actual morning sickness hit. And I've been queasy all day. This.is.horrible. So much worse than evening sickness, and I thought that was so bad last time!

And I'm having twins... does this mean it will be twice as bad?
Old 03-03-2009, 02:07 PM

Oh, yeah. I'm am soooo sick 24/7! I've been puking several times a day since 5.5wks! I think it's a girl this time - I didn't puke with DS until 10 wks. It's going to be a looooong trimester. I have been taking B6 - I was taking for luteal phase problems, so just kept taking after I got my +. It's not helping me so much (of course, it can't be doing much since I'm puking it up almost every day). There is no food or drink on the planet that I feel like consuming. I've been wearing acupressure bands and when I get them in the right place, they seem to take the edge off. Otherwise, the only thing I can do to keep the vomiting away is to lie in bed - I'm still nauseous but can keep the vomit at bay that way. Of course, this isn't a viable solution for me since I have a 3 yr old to look after, not to mention a job to old down..... <sigh> Come on 2nd trimester already!! I'm so ready to be done with this part!

User Tag List