Gender Predictions-Pencil Test - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-09-2009, 02:20 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So I was at work and another pregnant mama asked me to try the pencil test with her (you attach a threaded needle into the eraser of a pencil and hold it over your belly. circles means girl, back and forth boy)

The pencil totally did back and forth for her, and circles for me.

I didn't want to know the sex of my baby, I wasn't expecting this test to work. :

Anyone else try this test?? Does it really work??

Mama to & +:::
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-09-2009, 02:24 PM

It sounds just like the ring test where you put a ring on some thread or string and hold it above you belly. Back and forth means one sex and a circle means another. How, exactly, did you attach the needle to the pencil. Those of us who know the sex of our babies could give it a trial to see how often it is right. My guess is it will say it is a girl about 50% of the time and a boy the 50%

Stephanie-33 lucky mama of 5 precious ones: DD-12, DS-9 , DS-6 , and DD-3 and Bridget Alannah  SHE'S ONE NOW! loving wife to DH-38
Old 06-09-2009, 02:32 PM

I was told this test has to do with the rhythms of your body, and you can either consciously or subconsciously "control" the results (because nobody with a pulse can hold 100% perfectly still, you can "move" the ring or pencil or pendant or whatever without visibly moving your hand). Therefore... not very accurate IMO, but still fun at parties.

Doula ~ CBE ~ Life Partner to my ManBearPeach ~ Multiple-miscarriage Survivor ~ Homebirthing, Breastfeeding, CDing, Babywearing, Co-Sleeping Mama to my Boy Bean , born 9/30/09!
Old 06-09-2009, 08:50 PM - Thread Starter

You just stick the needle into the eraser.

Yea, some of you should try it and tell me if it works.

Old 06-10-2009, 06:26 PM - Thread Starter

So I am at work today and we did the pencil test on everybody. So far it is right with everyone. It shows all your children. It stops with a little pause inbetween babies. For me it showed girl boy girl

Try it!

Threaded needle, needle stuck into eraser, hold thread over wrist or belly and watch it swing

Old 06-10-2009, 10:56 PM
kjs

I had someone use a pendulum with my DD, and it said "boy" every time. A "professional" pulse diagnoser took my pulse without asking and told me I was definitely having a boy. They were both wrong. Those tests have never worked for me. With my DS it would go back and forth and then a circle. Don't worry that you ruined the suprise, because I do not think those tests are always accurate!

User Tag List