Reasons for measuring 7 weeks ahead... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-14-2009, 03:04 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
There has to be a reason that I'm 21 weeks and measuring at 28 weeks that does not include me being preggo with twins, right? Please? Please tell me SOMETHING ELSE could be causing this!! I already have a 2 year old and a 16 month old, and I think having four babies under three would send me over the edge!!

I am having a HB, but because of hyperemesis, I've been seeing an OB as well. Friday I went to my OB appt. and I'm measuring pretty big. On top of that, she got a heartbeat way over by my left hipbone that was 168, then right afterwards got a heartbeat way over by my right hipbone that was 168. She thought maybe the baby had moved, but she was able to go back and forth between the two, even though they were both 168. It could still be just one baby right?

Someone tell me they've had this happen, please?? I have an u/s scheduled for next Thursday, so we'll know for sure then.

Jen...wife to Shawn...Radically Unschooling Mommy to Connor (4/03), Autumn (1/07) Aiden (1/08) and Ella (10/14/09) Just had the of our dreams!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-14-2009, 04:04 PM

It could be from being pregnant with baby #4

Heathertreehugger.gif
Mama to 5 (b17,b11,b9,g6,b4)

Our Final Addition stork-suprise.gifarriving in Mid June 2014

Old 06-14-2009, 04:35 PM

Gulp, here's hoping it's being pregnant with #4!

Wife to my Denali-climbing DH
Mom to DD born Jan. 08 and DS born Oct. 09, and "baby sister" due Oct 2013!
House mom to ten boys, ages 8-11 at a group home! Yes, I must be nuts!
Old 06-14-2009, 04:45 PM

I had a jump of about 8 cm. one month but it evened out by the next few visits. The care provider did send me for an u/s but all was well. With a few pregnancies under our belt, our uteri (sp?) REALLY know how to stretch!

Of course, it could be twins too..or any # of things, but try to gestate in peace because there is nothing else to be done at this point but eat well, rest when tired, and some good sunshine and love from the people we surround ourselves with, ya know?

Wish you the best...

Mama to my tribe
Old 06-14-2009, 05:03 PM

Has the same person been measuring you every time? Have you always been measuring that far ahead? or is it something new?

Busy Mom raising 5 kiddos, 7, 6, 5, 2  and a brand new bundle!! (5/15/11)  cd.gifribbonpb.gifnovaxnoIRC.gif

Old 06-14-2009, 09:15 PM - Thread Starter

Two weeks ago, my midwife measured me as being four weeks ahead. Then at Friday's appointment it had jumped to 7. She hadn't meaured me before that since 12 weeks, and then I had measured right on.

Here's hoping it's just because it's pregnancy #4....my OB didn't seem so sure!!

Jen...wife to Shawn...Radically Unschooling Mommy to Connor (4/03), Autumn (1/07) Aiden (1/08) and Ella (10/14/09) Just had the of our dreams!
Old 06-14-2009, 10:57 PM

Interesting... That does seem a bit much for just being a 4th pregnancy. Maybe you could have excessive amniotic fluid as well .

You will have to keep us posted! Good luck with your Ultrasound!

Busy Mom raising 5 kiddos, 7, 6, 5, 2  and a brand new bundle!! (5/15/11)  cd.gifribbonpb.gifnovaxnoIRC.gif

User Tag List