Hospital Birth Plan - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-11-2009, 09:53 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Well, isn't that interesting! Sounds like a good doctor. My OB visibly cringed when I asked when would be a good time to run my birth plan by her and then told me that, "Women with birth plans just jinx themselves."

I have good news though!!! Even though I am 28 weeks pregnant...I found a new doctor who IS willing to look at my birth plan and supports natural birth and has experience managing pregnancies of women who have doulas. It's a huge victory. This will be my THIRD Ob/Gyn so far this pregnany. But hey! I don't think it's too much to ask that I trust and feel respected by someone who will see me through such an event, right?!?!

Asiago, I'm glad you have some good ped options, that's awesome!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-12-2009, 09:57 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have also been through 3 care providers - OB, midwifery group, homebirth midwife, and back to the midwifery group. It's important to make sure you are comfortable and happy, even though they act like you're crazy for switching so much. It's still not perfect, but I feel I've made the best choice overall.
I hope you've found someone that makes you happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friendlee View Post
This will be my THIRD Ob/Gyn so far this pregnany. But hey! I don't think it's too much to ask that I trust and feel respected by someone who will see me through such an event, right?!?!
Old 07-13-2009, 11:26 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
My bplan is similar to what's been posted here - esp. the Vit K, that it should only be administered if trauma occurred during delivery.
Thank you guys for adding the C-section wants in there - something I hadn't considered, but Oh so important just in case.

My OB/practice is unfortunately one of those where whoever's on call, that's your delivery Doc. I've looked into changing, but at this point, I really like my MD despite that she might not be there. She's been Wonderful about helping with my bplan and letting me know what the hospital procedure is -- they don't cut the cord before it stops pulsating, give you the baby immediately for skin on skin for an hour/do procedures bed-side, etc. These are still on my list, but it's good to know their procedure ahead of time.

Going to the birthing center was KEY for me, meeting the nurses and talking to them about my wants. And luckily my doula has witnessed many births at the center, so she had great help to offer.

One of the nurses did say that they'd had a few doula's who essentially cut off communication b/w mom & nurse... which I found a bit odd. Immediate question for my doula then :-) And she said that her role will be to speak for me when I can't answer a question, but by no means to dissuade the nurses from talking to me directly.

single, WAH home, to my only very kind & sweet lil man

User Tag List