Preggers Confessions - Page 4 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#91 of 109 Old 08-27-2009, 09:32 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Here goes...

At 27 weeks I was told I was slightly anemic and told to start taking slow release iron supplements twice a day. When that screwed with my bowel movements I switched to once a day and some days I skip it all together.

I drink a large soda a few times a week and have since probably about half way through my 2nd trimester. I don't know what it is but I just *need* it.

Fast food has become way too convenient for both my husband and I and it's been ages since we've actually cooked. I am determined to change this soon.

I use my pregnancy as an excuse to be anti-social on some days and just sit on my butt instead of going out to our regular outings.

I'm sure there's more but I can't think of what else I wanted to write at the moment.

Tiffany love.gif , wife to DH geek.gif, mom of DD1 10/09 energy.gif, DD2 4/12/13 baby.gif, and two dog2.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#92 of 109 Old 08-27-2009, 09:34 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIFF4NY View Post
Here goes...
I drink a large soda a few times a week and have since probably about half way through my 2nd trimester. I don't know what it is but I just *need* it.

I use my pregnancy as an excuse to be anti-social on some days and just sit on my butt instead of going out to our regular outings.
ok so im convinced that pregnant women crave soda. . . I have drank more soda since being pregnant then my entire life put together!! I am a huge water drinker normally. . .Nope not this pregnancy!

And I thought I was the only one that used my pregnancy as a excuse. I just feel so lazy!
#93 of 109 Old 08-28-2009, 12:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrscompgeek View Post
ok so im convinced that pregnant women crave soda. . . I have drank more soda since being pregnant then my entire life put together!! I am a huge water drinker normally. . .Nope not this pregnancy!
Yea... I was a huge water drinker normally and now I struggle to get enough in. It might have something to do with the fact that if I drink anything other than filtered water, I get gagging fits.

Tiffany love.gif , wife to DH geek.gif, mom of DD1 10/09 energy.gif, DD2 4/12/13 baby.gif, and two dog2.gif
#94 of 109 Old 08-28-2009, 01:24 AM

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandme View Post
I was looking at my carton of milk this morning and the expiration date was October 3rd.

That's my due date. I went a week early last time. I COULD HAVE THIS BABY BEFORE MY SKIM MILK EXPIRES.

Yes, it made me a bit panicky. Why do you ask?
I don't know why, this just cracked me up.

My confession is that I, along with the rest of you fast food cravers, have eaten more french fries from Burger King this pregnancy than I have in my whole life combined! I don't normally do fast food, and what IS it about french fries???? I crave them like mad! I really, really hope my dh doesn't analyze the credit card bill closely. : There's a lot of B King on there.

North Idaho rural living  mama to: 23 yo DD, 16 yo DS, 8 yo DS, 6 yo DS, 4 yr old DS, 2 yo DD, and 1 yo DS. And someone new coming this Christmas!
#95 of 109 Old 08-28-2009, 01:29 AM

I confess I went looking for milk that expired in October at the grocery store today.

(I didn't find any. The freshest I found expired Sept. 11)

tea6.gifStudent mama to Lyra June loveeyes.gif (ribboncesarean.gif 10.24.09)  and Olive Isis love.gif  (vbac.gif12.12.11) 

#96 of 109 Old 08-28-2009, 01:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zjande View Post
what IS it about french fries???? I crave them like mad! I really, really hope my dh doesn't analyze the credit card bill closely. :
Anything potatoes for me! French fries, hashbrowns, baked potatoes... nom nom nom. I've been digging Mcdonalds fries. I also hope DH doesn't look too closely at the cc bill. Hahah!!!

#97 of 109 Old 08-28-2009, 03:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsVyky View Post
I confess I went looking for milk that expired in October at the grocery store today.

(I didn't find any. The freshest I found expired Sept. 11)

Yeah, ours was this Organic Valley skim milk....lasts a good while, apparently!
#98 of 109 Old 08-28-2009, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandme View Post
Yeah, ours was this Organic Valley skim milk....lasts a good while, apparently!
Yeah it's ultra pasturized so it lasts at least a month, if not almost 2. I know many on here don't like the UP milk, but I confess that I sure do. It last a long time.

Me Wife to T (14 years)Mama to Princess(4) and Monster Boy(my 1 year old ):
#99 of 109 Old 08-28-2009, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norasmomma View Post
Yeah it's ultra pasturized so it lasts at least a month, if not almost 2. I know many on here don't like the UP milk, but I confess that I sure do. It last a long time.

Heh, I actually finished it up yesterday. I imagine the next carton will expire when the baby starts kindergarten or something.
#100 of 109 Old 08-28-2009, 02:29 PM

LOL

tea6.gifStudent mama to Lyra June loveeyes.gif (ribboncesarean.gif 10.24.09)  and Olive Isis love.gif  (vbac.gif12.12.11) 

#101 of 109 Old 08-30-2009, 06:35 PM

I refuse to be frightened by anything, including medical advice (although I did scream in the shower yesterday when a huge spider dropped on my breast from the ceiling... but I think that's pretty understandable). This is my 3rd pregnancy, and here's my current "bad" behaviors from this time around.

1. I eat unpasteurized cheeses. I adore cheese. I'm quite sure women in other countries survive on their homemade cheeses during pregnancy.

2. We live in wine country, and I've enjoyed several small glasses of wine since my 6th month. The most I've had is two glasses in one night, so it isn't like I'm a total wino... just enjoying the vintage!

3. Those prenatal vitamins usually just sit up on the shelf. I forget to take them all the time!

4. When we have sex, I still like to be on the bottom, flat on my back (yeah, at 32 weeks). It feels good for me, so why not?

5. We eat hotdogs for dinner a couple times a week. I know they are nutritional nightmares in general, but in 100+ heat, there's no way I'm cooking dinner! I pop a few in the microwave and cut them into little pieces and my DS (4) and DD (2) and I share one plate of them with ketchup!

6. Still have coffee at least once a day. A must with preschoolers, I think. Evidence of my addiction: my DS says "Venti Mocha!" every time he sees the Starbucks logo.

28-year-old SAH/Homeschooling Mamma to DS5, DD3, DS16mo. Helpmeet to DH since 2003. TTC #4!
#102 of 109 Old 08-31-2009, 10:56 PM

this thread is awesome!! :-)

1) I drink coffee every day
2) i have a glass of wine ones every couple of weeks
3) i finished one bottle of vitamins and never bothered to buy refill
4) while i am reading /writing in this thread and doing kegels (for the first time this pregnancy) my 5yo DS is watching TV
#103 of 109 Old 10-09-2009, 11:36 AM

I ate an entire bag of candy corn over the last 3 days.

I just cried at a Pampers commercial. (It was really sappy!)

I haven't taken my prenatal vitamin or extra iron in a week.

I made an excursion to Target on Monday and lifted a box which was probably way too heavy for me... but I was impatient and didn't want to try to get help. Then I kind of pivoted it on the edge of the cart and thumped it into the back of the car. Later when I asked my dad to move it into the house for me, I lied when he asked how I got it into the cart and into the car.
(I knew this was likely my last excursion to Target... I needed to make it count!)

The only place I feel like I can empty my bladder all the way is standing up in the shower.

I snapped at my mom the other day, and then I felt bad. She wouldn't stop bugging me about "have you done this yet?" "have you done that yet?"

Spiralshell -- Mama to David Nathaniel, born October 2009. And so you see I have come to doubt all that I once held as true. I stand alone without belief, the only truth I know is you.
#104 of 109 Old 10-09-2009, 12:02 PM

Yay, the return of my favourite thread! Is it a bad sign when the list of "confessions" is giving me ideas of things to do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiralshell View Post

The only place I feel like I can empty my bladder all the way is standing up in the shower.
This actually sounds like a very clever idea to me at this point!

I've abandoned my exercise routine, which was pretty lame-o to begin with (15 minutes of a prenatal yoga dvd, plus getting off the subway one stop early and walking). At this point, being conscious and breathing seems like enough of an effort.

On that note, I fell asleep at my desk yesterday. I was reading something on the computer and resting my head in my hands, and next thing I know I'm waking up ten minutes later. It was very refreshing, actually.

I eat ice cream with chocolate sauce every night. In general, I'm eating like a Hobbit these days: first breakfast, second breakfast, elevenses, lunch, tea...

I've fought with/snapped at DH every day this week. I firmly believe our fights are the direct result of his lack of consideration and general doltitude; however, I guess there's the slight tiniest possibility that I might be just a wee bit hormonal and snappish.

I don't bother to take my dog for a walk after she pees/poops in the house because really, why bother, she's already gone.

Becca, mommy to my little pumpkin DS (10/09)
#105 of 109 Old 10-09-2009, 12:11 PM

I've had a half-mug of coffee every day for the past two weeks.

I fixed the toilet and put together a dresser from Ikea last weekend. I plan on installing the car seat this weekend since DH finally realizes we need it after my prelabor has ramped up this week

I've been slacking on my daily walks. I have pain where my legs meet my torso, but the walks do help my sacrum feel less tight. So I try to make the ones I do take count by walking around a manmade lake at a park 10 minutes from me.

I HAVE to have two donuts at least once a week. Something about autumn makes me crave them!

rebecca: mama to Jack Oct09 born at home! - BF, Co-sleeping, cloth diapering, child-led solids; writer, book designer and teen mentor; dh 10+yrs (who gets to work at home!) and two cats.
#106 of 109 Old 10-09-2009, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. Cellaneous View Post
I've fought with/snapped at DH every day this week. I firmly believe our fights are the direct result of his lack of consideration and general doltitude; however, I guess there's the slight tiniest possibility that I might be just a wee bit hormonal and snappish.

1. I drink coffee every morning. It's technically only one cup, although I bet my mug really holds 2-3 cups.
2. I almost never do kegels. Well, only after I sneeze.
3. I sent the baby's birth certificate form in with my hospital pre-registration, and I left blank the section on whether I'd smoked during this pregnancy and how much weight I've gained. Now, I've never smoked even once in my life, but what flippin' business is that of the government? I am feeling more and more non-compliant by the day.
4. I am due in 17 days, and I've only crossed 3 items off my "to-do before baby comes" list.

Mommy to a boy (6), girls (4&2), and our baby boy (8 months)

Missing Ashlyn 10/18/06 and Brennan 10/18/10
#107 of 109 Old 10-09-2009, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. Cellaneous View Post
In general, I'm eating like a Hobbit these days: first breakfast, second breakfast, elevenses, lunch, tea...
Yup, that's me too!

Spiralshell -- Mama to David Nathaniel, born October 2009. And so you see I have come to doubt all that I once held as true. I stand alone without belief, the only truth I know is you.
#108 of 109 Old 10-18-2009, 10:29 AM

Yesterday I took the scissors to the elastic band in my underpants and maternity pants. I hate to hurt clothing like that, but the elastic was digging and I'll be DAMNED if I spend another penny on maternity clothing now at 38 weeks!!!!
I may end up driving to my remaining midwife appointments, NSTs, and the birth wearing one of DP's camo ponchos. That should be big enough to cover me!

#109 of 109 Old 10-18-2009, 12:59 PM

I push on the baby to get her to change positions. I try to be nice... but dang! The right side of my ribcage can only take so much. I did this with all of my children and it doesn't appear to have harmed them. ... I don't think. ...

I still have a cup of cappuccino french vanilla stuff from a can every single morning. I think it has more sugar and fat than actual caffeine.

I eat deli meat and cheese.

I don't give a crap how much I've gained.

I had crappy Velveeta shells with sausage last night and it was SOOOO good.

treehugger.gifAutistic pagan mama with five kiddos on the spectrum, learning through living life. autismribbon.gif  computergeek2.gif

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page