decreased fetal movement 30 weeks - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 07-22-2009, 09:04 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have been feeling my baby move like crazy - 10 counts in 10 minutes - until this weekend. I've only felt a few brief, light, single movements over the past 2 days. I am going to get checked after work today, but wonder how common this is at this stage. Maybe the babies get big and find a comfy spot and don't move as much?
I could also really feel a large hard rounded spot this morning that was maybe the back of her head. Maybe she's facing my spine and I can't feel her?
Is this common and normal from here on out? Or is it scary?
#2 of 8 Old 07-23-2009, 08:16 AM

I think it all depends on the child. With my first I had some moments where I got worried about movement. But I would do the kick counts (can't remember the formula, but it was so many movements in a period of time). Sometimes she wouldn't move, so I would eat a little something to wake her and then she would do what she was supposed to do With my second there was never an issue, she moved constantly. This one is more like my first. I go periods of time when I don't feel the baby move much. Once I concentrate on paying attn I do feel movement and then I don't worry about it. It is possible that the baby's movements aren't being detected by you because you are used to them now. If you are worried just do the kick counts every day to put your mind at ease.

Beth

Beth wife to Tom and mommy to Therese 11/4/04 Anna Mary 6/15/07 and Veronica 10/20/09
#3 of 8 Old 07-23-2009, 10:23 AM

I'm only at 26 weeks so I've still got the all-day dance party happening in my uterus, and this is my first so I have no previous experience, BUT my sil mentioned to me that for her she had a ton of movement and then it quieted down a lot around week 30 (I remember she specifically said week 30) because babe was getting bigger and had less room to manuever around in there. So definitely get checked for your peace of mind, but probably the babe is just chillin in there!

Becca, mommy to my little pumpkin DS (10/09)
#4 of 8 Old 07-23-2009, 11:01 AM

my little one has quieted also. The movements are stronger but less. Also a lot of the movements are very subtle. I would never notice them if I was doing something, I notice them when I'm still and paying attention.

Heathertreehugger.gif
Mama to 5 (b17,b11,b9,g6,b4)

Our Final Addition stork-suprise.gifarriving in Mid June 2014

#5 of 8 Old 07-23-2009, 02:50 PM

I'm 27 weeks and the movement for my baby is also seeming to slow down as well. I never notice now when I'm busy doing something, only during what little "quiet time" I have. Some movements feel very strong, but most are still a fluttering feeling for me.

Charlize, married to DH 4/12/04. Mom to DD1 (4/2005) dust.gif, DD2 (3/2007) blowkiss.gif, and DD3 (10/2009) bouncy.gif, and DD4 (6/2011) energy.gif.

#6 of 8 Old 07-23-2009, 05:39 PM - Thread Starter

they did a non-stress test on me last night. the heartrate was great but then they said I was having contractions (that I couldn't feel) so they kept me on the monitor for a long time. finally the m/w said she felt comfortable about everything and they let me go.
It was nice to hear the kicks and movement on the monitor that I wasn't feeling b/c now I know they can be happening even if I don't feel them.
I had a regular appt. today and they want me to do another non-stress test tomorrow if the movements don't get more noticeable, and then come in next week.
I rested when I got home and felt 10 movements, although they are much more subtle than before. I guess maybe this is the new norm.
#7 of 8 Old 07-23-2009, 09:52 PM

I think my baby is still "turning" herself around in my uterus. Some days I notice lots of kicking and can really see my belly move, but other days I just feel a fluttering in my pelvic area and I am pretty sure I can feel her bottom above my belly button. I assume her kicks are going toward my back and are not as noticeable.

I am feeling fewer, stronger movements now, just over the past few days. I am almost 30 weeks.
#8 of 8 Old 07-23-2009, 11:46 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
I copied the following from a kick count site:

12. Do babies kick less near the end of pregnancy?
NO! Towards the end of pregnancy, the baby may move differently, less kicks and more rolling. However, a kick count should take about the same time when it is done at the same time of the day when your baby is most active.

http://www.babykick.com/Resources_KickCountFAQs.html

Maybe she is rolling more than kicking- but that counts just the same. Kick count should really be called move count (!)
Quote:
Kick count is fetal movement counting which includes kicks, turns, twists, swishes, rolls, and jabs but not hiccups.

Glad the NST went well for you.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page