Mothering Forum banner

Birth Announcements!

1K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  star*mora 
#1 ·
Has anyone thought about what they're going to do?

I'm looking but I haven't really seen anything I like. I'm also not sure if I'm going to do a Halloween/fall themed one, or a pink girly one.

Does anyone have a website they can recommend? I used tinyprints.com for my last baby but I don't like anything that is there now.

#3 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Friendlee View Post
The thread title scared me! I thought you'd had your baby! eeek!
Me too!!

Since we don't really know anyone that's not online, we just send out a big, mushy email with a link to my blog where I always post our birth story & lots of pictures. And we call everybody, too.

For my very 1st baby, a whole 18 yrs ago before internet, I sent out birth announcements that said "The handiwork of God puts a new hand in ours" with a picture of an adult hand holding a little newborn's hand.
: They were so sweet.

#6 ·
For DS's birth and his first birthday I used www.announcingababy.com They are beautiful announcements and I love the fact that they put the announcements in the cards for me. All I had to do was label them and send them on their way!

#7 ·
I'm having newborn pictures taken and will use some of those pictures to create an announcement. I'm what site I will be getting the announcements from but here is the photographer's site. I can't wait to see how the pics turn out! Anyone else have plans to do this? A friend from another forum had planned to do this with a photographer in her area and gave me kick in the pants I needed. This is the last baby and I want to capture all of her yummy newborness. I wish I had done it for all of them.

http://www.capturedbycarrie.com/#

#9 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by tayndrewsmama View Post
I kind of don't think we'll be doing it. No one who we would send them to seems to care at all that there's a babe on the way so I kind of figure why waste the money?

I hear ya..

#11 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Friendlee View Post
The thread title scared me! I thought you'd had your baby! eeek!
ditto. especially since a few on here are already close to 33wks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.