Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I decided to start the new one a little early. . . Post away ladies! :::
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 82 Old 09-12-2009, 08:44 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Ok,maybe its hormonal but I had a moment tonight where I am just DONE being pregnant. I just want to see my baby and hold my baby! I want to see my husband hold my baby. And lets not forget all the wonderful bodily things I can do again! Like breathing and not feeling so achy everywhere or feeling little feet kicking my rib cage, lol. Not that Im complaining! I love being pregnant and until tonight I really wasnt in a hurry. But all the sudden its just like I cant take too much more! I want to be done. Sigh. . . about 2 weeks til I am safe for my homebirth! Then BRING IT ON BABY!

Oh and a funny story- Last night on one of my many trips to the bathroom when I was coming out of the bathroom I see what LOOKED like beady little eyes looking at me, well the lights are all off so i cant see what it is. I HATE, HATE, HATE mice with a passion so of course what does my half asleep pregnant self do? Calls to my husband. . he says that my tone was serious and he just KNEW my water broke..Lol. He FLYS out of bed and comes out and is like what are you ok? . . . Turns out the "beady little eyes" were the light from outside reflecting of a plastic bottle our dogs had been playing with. Yeah. I felt REAL smart. I had to laugh at DH though, I havent seen him come awake that fast in a long time. I asked him if he is in freak out mode and he was like no I just thought something happened.
#3 of 82 Old 09-12-2009, 09:04 PM

I'm sorry you have been feeling so "done". Fortunately I don't feel that way so far. I moan and groan when I have BH, but I really am fine staying pregnant another 4 weeks which would take me a week beyond my due date. If I get that far and am still pregnant, I may start griping.

Stephanie-33 lucky mama of 5 precious ones: DD-12, DS-9 , DS-6 , and DD-3 and Bridget Alannah  SHE'S ONE NOW! loving wife to DH-38
#4 of 82 Old 09-12-2009, 09:38 PM

Hi ladies! I haven't posted on a chat thread here yet--but hi anyway! I'm around on the other threads, so I thought I'd join in

I go back and forth between feeling 'done' and 'good to go another month', lol. When I have a lot of prodromal labor going on, I am 'done' and when I can't sleep and my back hurts, I'm 'done'......but then when I think about how much I still need to catch up on, and how I need to get dd1 taken care of starting school and ballet, and find someone to watch the girls while I'm in labor still...then I think I need another month! Yikes!

I also go between thinking it could happen soon (not now, but in the next couple weeks maybe) because I have SO MUCH prelabor going on....but then I remember that it really doesn't matter, and I could actually last well into October!

We shall see.....

me, dd1, dd2, ds, and #4 due March 1. dbf has 2 of his own, so it will be an adventure!

i like making things. 

#5 of 82 Old 09-13-2009, 10:54 AM

Hello!

I'm not sure if I feel done with this pregnancy yet, or still wondering if I'm really pregnant. Its such a strange feeling this time around. I thought I'd feel settled and gung ho excited eventually... but it just hasn't happened. I mean, I am inside... but its not really showing outside. Kwim? A neighbor came over yesterday and asked how my baby was doing. I said, "which one?" and she said the one in your belly silly! And I answered, "Oh uh.. good. Ya everythings fine." I could tell by her reaction that I was supposed to be gushing about how excited I was and when I didn't she kinda changed the subject. LOL

Its not as if I'm UNHappy about this pregnancy or this baby at all. I am happy. I'm pretty resolved that its probably our last baby. I just wasn't expecting her right now, and maybe being on the heels of my last pregnancy it was just a little ho hum than I would have liked it to be. Does that make sense? I mean, my little guy is only 18 months old. He's still a baby.

treehugger.gifAutistic pagan mama with five kiddos on the spectrum, learning through living life. autismribbon.gif  computergeek2.gif

#6 of 82 Old 09-13-2009, 11:02 AM

I have s stressful week ahead. My dog needs surgery on her knee (luxating patella) and we are doing it Thursday. I'll be 38 weeks the following Saturday. I really hope this kid stays put, this needs to get done and it needs to get done now. Plus I have to go to the dentist (ugh) on TUesday. My wedding anniversary. What was I thinking about?

I've been washing prefolds and lanolizing wool for most of the weekend. 12 straight hours of wash/dry cycles. Unbelieveable! And my first lanolizing jobs ever. Hope I did it right, I followed the GMD instructions.
#7 of 82 Old 09-13-2009, 11:07 AM

Well, I ordered my birthing pool! I decided to get the fishy one. It doesn't feel real that I'm getting close to the end. I mean, in two more weeks I'm supposed to have my home visit and have all of my home birth stuff, and I haven't organized any of it yet. My midwife is gonna yell at me .

I think part of it is being so nervous to add one more. We've got a good groove and we all get have a set routine, and to add a baby to the mix is gooing to throw everyone off. It doesn't feel real that there is another little person joining our family. I still call my youngest "the baby", I'm going to have to work on that

Stephanie, Mama to five beautiful kids, wife to J

#8 of 82 Old 09-13-2009, 12:49 PM

i'm with firewoman, i definitely don't want to be done.

tomorrow i'll be 35wks so a week longer than with my ds1 already.

am closing in on 1 month of complete bedrest, which i absolutely despise, but i will do it to full term if this baby can stay in and cook. i do work online, but being on bedrest definitely means i am aware of every liquid and cramp and i try not to focus on it or freak out. i just really desperately want to make it to term not so much for the homebirth anymore but just to know what it's like to have a healthy, full term baby and to know that my body could finally do what it''s supposed to.

so every day is a blend of hope and anxiety, and it has been a bigger and more challenging mental endurance test than expected. i do console myself with the fact that i will have done every natural thing possible to keep this baby cooking (my mw and i had a frank discussion about meds to stop labour and she presented a really sensible case to me about the risks outweighing any benefits in my case) so i am almost done now with my chinese herbs to help prevent pprom as my naturopathic dr said there's no evidence of them working beyond 35wks

i can say one thing with absolute certainty - i am so going to appreciate being able to move around and lift things when this is done. am already dreaming of hikes in the hills near my home during the spectacular time when the leaves burst with the most radiant colours imaginable. it will be a real gift after all of this time in bed.

great week to everyone!

mama to callum (april 8,07) and everett (sept 24,09) - blessed to be married to my life's love since '98. novaxnocirc.gif

#9 of 82 Old 09-13-2009, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandme View Post
I have s stressful week ahead. My dog needs surgery on her knee (luxating patella) and we are doing it Thursday. I'll be 38 weeks the following Saturday. I really hope this kid stays put, this needs to get done and it needs to get done now. Plus I have to go to the dentist (ugh) on TUesday. My wedding anniversary. What was I thinking about?

I've been washing prefolds and lanolizing wool for most of the weekend. 12 straight hours of wash/dry cycles. Unbelieveable! And my first lanolizing jobs ever. Hope I did it right, I followed the GMD instructions.
I have some covers to lanolize, too! How did it go? Have you tested the waterproofness (is that even a word?)?

StephM76-I'm adding number 5 too. I haven't really allowed myself to think about the reality yet. My last baby DID NOT sleep. I'm not counting on this one sleeping much, either, but it sure would be nice if she would surprise me.

star*mora-You are a strong woman! I truly believe you can make it the next couple of weeks! Stay in there baby. It will make that wonderful hike so special. I can just see you walking with the new LO in a sling or pack of some kind. You are going to have to post a pic when you get to do it!

Stephanie-33 lucky mama of 5 precious ones: DD-12, DS-9 , DS-6 , and DD-3 and Bridget Alannah  SHE'S ONE NOW! loving wife to DH-38
#10 of 82 Old 09-13-2009, 02:04 PM

I'm still sick. The horrendous cough is almost gone but my throat hurts like it does when you have strep throat and I can't talk. At night swallowing is really bad and I had to get up and make more hot tea 3 times last night. Tonight I'll have a thermos by the bed I guess.

Luckily DH took DS to go ride on the little trains in town so I can go back to bed after my next dose of medicine. It sucks not being able to talk!! How am I supposed to boss DS around so that the remaining stuff on the list gets done? I actually started emailing him when we were in different rooms.

I'm kind of at a stand still with birth prep b/c I don't want to contaminate any of the birth supplies/newborn clothes/diapers with my germs.

Okay, I'm done complaining.

I ordered two pretty tapestries online last night to hang up around our birthing bed. And I've only got 12 days until I'm homebirth eligible-36 wks!
but it would be better to make it to 37 wks to avoid an u/s. With this cold lingering on it would be great if she cooked a bit longer so I felt confident that the germs are gone and I'm feeling strong & healthy.

Happy baby cooking y'all.
#11 of 82 Old 09-13-2009, 05:53 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

OMG My anniversary is tuesday too!!Congrats! Its only 2 years for us though. I loved our wedding being in the fall, it was so nice outside! Hope you have a good anniversary even though your going to the dentist. I dont envy that at all!! Hate HATE the dentist.
#12 of 82 Old 09-13-2009, 06:08 PM

Tomorrow I hit 35 weeks. : I'm not sure what to think. I have all of the aches and pains that come with pregnancy, but I still don't feel pregnant. I'm in total disbelief of another little person joining our family soon. I'm beyond stressed about the living situation. There's alot going on I shouldn't have to be worrying about and dealing with right now.

I have an OB appointment coming up on Tuesday. One of the main topics my OB wants to talk about is birth control. I'm really not sure what to do on that one. In some ways, I'd love to have a tubal. But then I wonder if I would regret it later on. I always said I wasn't stopping until I got at least one of each gender, but I'm not sure I want to keep going any longer. Three girls seems like it will be enough. Three kids period seems like enough right now. There has been numerous health problems in boys from my side of the family and we've been told numerous times it would be in our best interest to go the IVF/PGD route for a boy. Ughh. I hate this decision. I really feel like being just 24 is too young to make this decision.

Okay. Enough of my rambling.

Charlize, married to DH 4/12/04. Mom to DD1 (4/2005) dust.gif, DD2 (3/2007) blowkiss.gif, and DD3 (10/2009) bouncy.gif, and DD4 (6/2011) energy.gif.

#13 of 82 Old 09-13-2009, 07:56 PM

I also keep going back and forth about whether or not I want to be done. I just hate the feeling of not being able to breath, peeing every two minutes, sweating from getting off the couch, and my lovely : profile. On the other hand....grad classes started last week and I need to be able to get something accomplished before I take my week off when this baby is born.

Tricia, married to DH. 2MC's & 4 yrs ttc...finally mom to Andrew6/06 and Benjamin 10/09. Adopted bro & sis 2002. My 2 fav. words: Spay and Neuter! I'm an Ultimate Viewer, 2010!

#14 of 82 Old 09-13-2009, 11:18 PM

I am feeling like a lot of others. The end of pregnancy aches and pains are starting to bother me. My hips are hurting more as babe drops further into my pelvis, peeing constantly. I keep telling myself it is worth it in the end.

The last few days I have been able to get all of babe's things washed and organized, birth supplies ready and just in case hospital bag packed. The only left to do is sidecar the crib and try to get the carseat installed. Only problem is I can't do the carseat until my car is back from the mechanic. My dp is more stressed than I realized because he accidently put gas into my diesel car so now I am carless until the mechanic drains all the gas out. This would be okay except I live at the top of hill and dd has all her regular activities to do tomorrow which means walking everywhere with a 3yo.

Enough complaining I can't believe I am at 37 weeks my mom asked me today how much longer and I basically said anytime now which just blows me away!

mum2row DD 3yrs & DS Oct/09
#15 of 82 Old 09-13-2009, 11:50 PM

Firewoman: I thought the lanolizing was easy enough but I haven't tested it yet. They're still drying actually....just slightly damp now, so not much longer. I'm thinking though, they'll be a bit large for awhile...if I don't use them at all for a few weeks, I don't have to relanolize right? (That's probably a stupid question, but I'm a wool newbie).

Mscompgeek, Congrats on your upcoming anniversary! It's 8 years for us, which means, yes, we were married a few days after September 11, 2001. It was a very strange but ultimately a good time to have a wedding (travel problems excluded) because everyone was so happy to be with one another and celebrating something. It's so weird to me that the September 11 memorials every year are intertwined my upcoming wedding anniversary...I relive the whole time as if it were yesterday (we were living in NYC at the time and got married in Washington DC.)

Anyone else driving themselves crazy nesting? Not just baby stuff....suddenly, I'm trying to take care of every little thing. Today, I freaked out about water filtration for some reason....we have a water softener and filter but I decided we need a filter for the tap too. Things just pop into my head and won;t go away. I can't even focus on the upcoming birth at ALL because of all the stuff I am coming up with every day that concerns the house and having things ready.
#16 of 82 Old 09-14-2009, 10:20 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:

Mscompgeek, Congrats on your upcoming anniversary! It's 8 years for us, which means, yes, we were married a few days after September 11, 2001. It was a very strange but ultimately a good time to have a wedding (travel problems excluded) because everyone was so happy to be with one another and celebrating something. It's so weird to me that the September 11 memorials every year are intertwined my upcoming wedding anniversary...I relive the whole time as if it were yesterday (we were living in NYC at the time and got married in Washington DC.)

Anyone else driving themselves crazy nesting? Not just baby stuff....suddenly, I'm trying to take care of every little thing. Today, I freaked out about water filtration for some reason....we have a water softener and filter but I decided we need a filter for the tap too. Things just pop into my head and won;t go away. I can't even focus on the upcoming birth at ALL because of all the stuff I am coming up with every day that concerns the house and having things ready.
Thanks! Wow, that would have been a time trying to travel around Sept 11th! My family and I were leaving the morning of the 12th for a family vacation to New york and DC but when the planes crashed and they pretty much closed the city down we changed our route and just went to Gatlinburg. Still havent made it to New york city yet! Lol.
I am so driving myself crazy nesting. I set down the other night and was like OMG, look at everything I had to do/buy/get yet. Not a lot of big stuff but just little things. Like a few items for the birth kit that I need to pick up, nursing bra's or a tank for me for the first few days, PJ's to wear since mine arent really "appropriate" for visitors, some food for the pantry to make sure its stocked, finding a place for the dogs to go while in labor. . .
#17 of 82 Old 09-14-2009, 11:00 AM

I was up a good portion of the night with contractions lats night (as usual) and feel AWFUL today.. I feel like I could puke at any moment but so far have only managed to gag and dry heave My stomach feels like crap.

Busy Mom raising 5 kiddos, 7, 6, 5, 2  and a brand new bundle!! (5/15/11)  cd.gifribbonpb.gifnovaxnoIRC.gif

#18 of 82 Old 09-14-2009, 11:11 AM

You know, I get crampiness late at night. I wouldn't call them contractions, just a crampy feeling down low. Only at night though.
#19 of 82 Old 09-14-2009, 11:48 AM

We'll hit 36 weeks this week and I really need to get my act together and get stuff ready!

-I only have a few more things that I *might* put up in bottles, depending on how I'm feeling.
-I still have to hit the caselot sale (hopefully this week) to stock the pantry
-I should probably call the pediatrician and let him know we're expecting
-My MW gave me homework to see if my insurance will cover my HB, I'm really dreading it. I almost just don't care, though we want to buy a new car soon so... the money would be great to have back.
-Finish up buying baby supply
-Finish up buying HB supply
-Rest! I feel like I've been going going going for the last few weeks. I'm really ready to just sit on my arse and be a pregnant lady for a few weeks.
-Clean! I'm really not a nester, but there will be too many people coming and going not to get this house in order.

I'm sooooo ready to be done being pregnant, if that means I've got a baby than so be it! This is our last and I am planning my routine to get back in shape and I am just ready to go!
#20 of 82 Old 09-14-2009, 12:20 PM

I am going to get my pedicure today! I am so excited. I have been looking forward to this day all week. The place I go to has the chairs with the pedi tubs attached at the foot of them. They are so comfortable and the people do an amazing job there. And with my contractions coming like they are, I want to be able to relax and preoccupy my mind with something other than "omg, are they getting too close"... I'm gonna grab a couple of fashion mags from the store next door and go relax for an hour. I so totally deserve this!

Married to a Navy man of 12 yrs.

03/02: 11/05: 01/08: 10-18-09: 10-31-10 and 7/22/13 with twins and just found out we're pos.gif again!!chicken3.gif

cd.gifslingboy.giffamilybed1.gifwinner.jpg

m/c '97 and in '03

#21 of 82 Old 09-14-2009, 01:57 PM

You all sound so confident! Am I the only one getting cold feet? I am so excited for this little one to come, but it is an excitement mixed with a fair amount of fear these days. I'm nervous about taking care of a new little baby...my youngest is 6, so it's been a long time since I had to do this. I'm also really anxious about going into labor. I am 36 weeks and I feel like this baby could come sooner than my due date. I keep telling him/her to just wait one more week, but anytime after that is OK. All I really remember about my last labor was the pain and my fear, and I really want to put that out of my mind altogether and prepare for a whole new experience. I have also been hit really hard with the realization that I won't be working for 3 months, and I really don't know how we are going to make ends meet. We live comfortably now, but we are already very frugal. I'm not sure how we are going to make it on just one paycheck.

Sorry to be a downer. It's just that this all hit me at once. I am feeling very emotional these days, and am really sensitive to thoughts of anxiety, sadness, etc. I just about burst into tears everytime I think about my six-year-old not being my baby anymore, and I totally started bawling in the car while listening to my iPod the other day--the funny thing is, I was listening to hip hop...I mean, it's not like some depressing emo stuff or some sad-luck country music...it's hip hop for crying out loud!!! I really need to get my s#!t together here!!!! Someone slap me!

Brin, wife to my best friend , mother of three . and now homeschooling!!!
#22 of 82 Old 09-14-2009, 03:58 PM - Thread Starter

Just got home from my 35 week midwife appointment. She said the baby's head is sitting really low in my pelvis, which makes it painful for me right now but she said that when I go into labor it will be that much less work that my body has to do thus making labor easier. So Im all for that! Im measuring 35 weeks so right on.My BP was normal, weight gain is normal, no swelling. Baby's heartrate was great. . Everything is looking great! Im so incredibly thankful for such great updates at my appointments. I have a appointment next week with my backup OB for the last time this pregnancy. He will do a Beta strep ? test I think she called it and also a pelvic exam if I want it and just make sure there is no hidden health problems that would become fatal or harmful if I had a homebirth. As of right now I think I want to do the pelvic exam. I know everyone says NOT to because its best to keep away from down there as much as possible to avoid infection or anything but I havent had a pelvic exam since getting pregnant, this will be the first so Im not too worried about one exam and Plus I REALLY want to know if I am dialated or effaced at all yet. My midwife said she is fairly certain that as low as the babys head is that I am starting to open already.
#23 of 82 Old 09-14-2009, 04:37 PM

I am tired. I would really really like to be able to sleep the whole night through at least once more before the baby comes.

Jen 47 DS C 2/03  angel.gif04/29/08/ DD S 10/28/09 DH Bill '97.

mighty-mama and her sister Kundalini-Mamacandle.gif

#24 of 82 Old 09-14-2009, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pookietooth View Post
I am tired. I would really really like to be able to sleep the whole night through at least once more before the baby comes.
I've had a cold this past week and my MW gave me the go ahead to use benadryl at night to dry out my runny nose. Blissful sleeping all week! I only woke enough to pee once or twice and straight back to sleep. I'm a little sad to be on the mend and not have that awesome sleep.

When I was PG with DS, I was having anxiety every night and couldn't sleep so I had to use some sleep meds to rest up. I hope I don't have that anxiety this time, but the sleeping was nice!
#25 of 82 Old 09-14-2009, 05:35 PM

It's so weird to see all of you ladies talking about being 36, 37, etc. weeks. I feel like I'm seriously lagging only being at 33! I'm getting to a point where all the aches and pains and duffel bag of symptoms are catching up to me. I go from periods of just wanting to meet my little girl to telling myself to chill out. I want to keep her in there long enough to where I can bring her home right away. If only we had windows where we could peak in and get a glimpse of whats' going on. Then it would be a whole lot easier to hang out these last weeks.

What does kwim mean? I see it a lot and just can't get my brain in a high enough gear to figure it out.

Tiffany love.gif , wife to DH geek.gif, mom of DD1 10/09 energy.gif, DD2 4/12/13 baby.gif, and two dog2.gif
#26 of 82 Old 09-14-2009, 05:43 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIFF4NY View Post

What does kwim mean? I see it a lot and just can't get my brain in a high enough gear to figure it out.
Know What I Mean.
#27 of 82 Old 09-14-2009, 06:06 PM

Quote:
It's so weird to see all of you ladies talking about being 36, 37, etc. weeks. I feel like I'm seriously lagging only being at 33! I'm getting to a point where all the aches and pains and duffel bag of symptoms are catching up to me. I go from periods of just wanting to meet my little girl to telling myself to chill out. I want to keep her in there long enough to where I can bring her home right away. If only we had windows where we could peak in and get a glimpse of whats' going on. Then it would be a whole lot easier to hang out these last weeks.

Yes -- what TIFF4NY said!
I'm 33 weeks too (due Oct 29th) and I'm feeling all achey and miserable and swollen and cranky. And then I remind myself: I have probably 40 more days and nights of this! Maybe more! I need to chill out and just flow with it because this kiddo isn't coming any day soon.
I really really wish I could see in there. Then I could maybe rest a little better -- it's all this UNKNOWN!!!!!!! stuff that's freaking me out.

Spiralshell -- Mama to David Nathaniel, born October 2009. And so you see I have come to doubt all that I once held as true. I stand alone without belief, the only truth I know is you.
#28 of 82 Old 09-14-2009, 11:56 PM

Quote:
It's so weird to see all of you ladies talking about being 36, 37, etc. weeks. I feel like I'm seriously lagging only being at 33!.
Me too! I'm 34 weeks on Wednesday and every time I see a post about being 37 weeks I get a little pang of jealousy! It keeps psyching me out, I think I'm that close too and I have to remind myself I have at least 40 days left to go

Stephanie, Mama to five beautiful kids, wife to J

#29 of 82 Old 09-15-2009, 12:49 AM

for Brinalicious ... no slaps, only hugs! I think the excitement mixed with/alternating with anxiety is totally normal, at least it's what I'm going through. Although this is my first so it's a little different, I feel like my brain is still processing the idea that this little bean wiggling around inside me is actually going to be a BABY, outside my body, in about a month. I know that sounds bizarre but I don't think I've fully wrapped my mind around the concept.

Another member of the late-October club here... Oct. 26. We'll be keeping each other company while everyone else is posting birth stories. On the one hand I'm grateful because I definitely need another month or so to get ready, on the other hand, yes I do feel like I'm "lagging behind!"

I have a confession to make: There's an election in NYC tomorrow and I don't think I'm going to vote in it. To me that is a big deal -- I think I have voted in every election since I turned 18, with the exception of three years I spent in Canada. So that's an almost 17-year record of unbroken voting -- about to be broken tomorrow. I just don't think I can swing it -- I have an appointment at 8:30 a.m., and I've got to leave for work right after, and work is going to be crazy tomorrow, and then I've got a class after work that I want to go to. Plus I haven't done any research on the candidates (it's stuff like district attorney, comptroller, etc), which I normally like to do. I have just been so swamped/tired lately. But I feel terrible -- I know it's not like the fate of the world is hanging on my vote for comptroller, but I do feel strongly like it's my civic duty!! I seriously feel bad. Maybe if I don't go to the class I will try to vote after work. Ugh. I wish they had mail-in ballots here like in Seattle -- why do I have to physically go to a polling place?

Thanks for letting me rant/confess. I know it probably seems silly but I really do feel bad about not voting.

Becca, mommy to my little pumpkin DS (10/09)
#30 of 82 Old 09-15-2009, 01:07 AM

Doc says baby is feeling a bit small (by palpation). I'm bot a big girl (I'm 5'2", 115lb pre-preg) and my partner is tall and lanky (6 feet, 140 lb?), should I be worried about it, or write it off to being designed to bake a small babe? (FWIW, I was 6lb4, my sister was 6Lb3 and my mum said she was under 6lb, all full term)

I also am carrying low and off to one side (Baby seems to favour the left side of my uterus)

..but I can't help but be concerned, especially knowing about her funny umbilical cord (hypo-coiled)

tea6.gifStudent mama to Lyra June loveeyes.gif (ribboncesarean.gif 10.24.09)  and Olive Isis love.gif  (vbac.gif12.12.11) 

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page