C-Section Mommas - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 09-19-2009, 10:44 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Let me start out by saying that I agree that a c-section was the only way to deliver my DS1 and ensure that he was healthy and alive. I truly don't have any regrets about it. This time around I am having another c-section because they found an issue with my bladder that makes it unsafe for me to deliver via a vbac. I don't know if it is because I am so much more aware of what the surgery entails or the risks associated with it, but I am starting to have some real anxiety about going under the knife again. I keep thinking that something is going to go horribly wrong and either the baby or I or both won't make it. I know it's not rational, but the fears are still there. Is anyone else in the same boat as me? I guess I am looking for other mommas who are having c-sections and their feelings about the situation.

Tricia, married to DH. 2MC's & 4 yrs ttc...finally mom to Andrew6/06 and Benjamin 10/09. Adopted bro & sis 2002. My 2 fav. words: Spay and Neuter! I'm an Ultimate Viewer, 2010!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 09-19-2009, 01:34 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Well I started having some anxiety about my upcoming c/s, but now I am more relaxed about the situation after talking with the anestesiologist at my appt the other day, it just made me feel better. I also met with the dr who will perform the surgery, both have put me at ease a bit more. Although honestly I sure would like to go into labor on my own and then have a c/s, but IDK if that will happen(the likelihood is not). I just wish that for me and the baby the time would be essentially right, that would make me feel better about the whole thing. I have been trying to do stuff to make labor happen, but nothing is.

For me I also agree with my particular situation with DD things went from fine to really bad in a short time, it was obvious by all the medical staff and my family that something was really wrong and that the safest thing for all DD and me was to get her asap. I still have a bit of a chip on my shoulder because our local midwife really insulted me by saying the only reason I had a c/s was because I was scared. Yeah feeling your uterus give out and your child being stuck beyond belief is pretty scary(she's since changed her tune after the same thing happened to her friend). Still I get these looks from other women at times when explaining my situation. The only person who has truly understood was my SIL because she has fought hard to have VBACs and one of the things is to NOT have a T-incision on your uterus(which is exactly what I have).

I guess for me the risks of a vaginal birth are really real, yes my uterus could rupture and it could really easily. I can tell it is more fragile, so for me that definitely takes over the fear. I mean yeah I'm scared, but at this point I'm so ready to meet my baby that fear is overridden.

If you want there is a support thread over in the B&B for all children by c/s-that may help you, everyone is very supportive over there.

Me Wife to T (14 years)Mama to Princess(4) and Monster Boy(my 1 year old ):

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page