spotting at 39 weeks - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 09-24-2009, 11:16 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I had a little bit of pink spotting last night and this morning. I already have a doctor's appointment today at noon (in 3 hours) . Do you think I need to call and let them know about this ahead of time? It seems from checking a couple site that it could be nothing or everything LOL. I've had no contractions at all and I still couldn't find my cervix this morning though I do suspect baby has dropped a bit. I'm interested in food for the first time in ages. Baby is moving normally.

I guess the most important thing is do I call DH? He is about 2 hours away right now. He thought he might be home this evening rather than as previously planned tomorrow.

First baby. Due Oct 1. I've had absolutely no spotting or any sort of discharge until last night. It would be so much more diplomatic for both of our jobs if baby could wait until next week. Geeze I have a lot to do and I seem to be incapable of doing anything but googling "late pregnancy spotting" LOL
#2 of 9 Old 09-24-2009, 11:30 AM

It sounds like you're having your "bloody show". (Try googling that) It's totally normal and means that Labor is probably soon! Your cervix is probably thinning out and you're getting closer to delivery. Nothing you need to worry about!

belly.gifMandy Mom to Hayden (9),  Ellie (7),  Jordyn (4),  Evan (10/07/09 - 01/11/12),  

and our rainbow1284.gif baby due January 29th!  

homebirth.jpg   waterbirth.jpg   redbluerib.gif   novaxnocirc.gif

candleflicker2.gif www.facebook.com/healingevan                

#3 of 9 Old 09-24-2009, 11:37 AM

Sounds like a "baby soon!" sign!
I wouldn't bother to call ahead to the doc if you're already set to go in in a few hours. Spotting by itself doesn't mean imminent birthing (at least I hope not! I'm new to all this though!)

I know all about not being able to do anything other than asking Dr. Google for advice on my various symptoms. I'm amazed I've gotten any work done at all these last couple of weeks!

Spiralshell -- Mama to David Nathaniel, born October 2009. And so you see I have come to doubt all that I once held as true. I stand alone without belief, the only truth I know is you.
#4 of 9 Old 09-24-2009, 11:40 AM

It does sound like bloody show. That just means baby could be a few hours or a few weeks. Nice, huh. I hate those kinds of answers, but its true. Definitely let your dr. know though. They like to know those things.

Married to a Navy man of 12 yrs.

03/02: 11/05: 01/08: 10-18-09: 10-31-10 and 7/22/13 with twins and just found out we're pos.gif again!!chicken3.gif

cd.gifslingboy.giffamilybed1.gifwinner.jpg

m/c '97 and in '03

#5 of 9 Old 09-24-2009, 11:59 AM

I'd just have your OB/MW check it out at your visit today. They might want to check you for dialation/effacement. But again, that can mean nothing too. Late pregnancy is so confusing!

Charlize, married to DH 4/12/04. Mom to DD1 (4/2005) dust.gif, DD2 (3/2007) blowkiss.gif, and DD3 (10/2009) bouncy.gif, and DD4 (6/2011) energy.gif.

#6 of 9 Old 09-24-2009, 12:26 PM - Thread Starter

Someone just called asking for articles (I work in an library) and I told them I'd try to get it out to them but if they didn't hear from me I had gone into labor and I'd make sure my boss (who will be back on Monday) knows to help them. It seems so TMI and unprofessional but I don't know what else to do.
#7 of 9 Old 09-24-2009, 04:29 PM - Thread Starter

I'm back from the doc's. 2 cm dialated and 80% effaced. Yay. She still had me make an appointment for next week but said I probably wouldn't need it.
#8 of 9 Old 09-24-2009, 05:59 PM

Lucky you lol. That would be awsome to not have to go back in for an appointment. Sounds like you're making progress.
#9 of 9 Old 09-24-2009, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masel View Post
I'm back from the doc's. 2 cm dialated and 80% effaced. Yay. She still had me make an appointment for next week but said I probably wouldn't need it.
Wooo!

Spiralshell -- Mama to David Nathaniel, born October 2009. And so you see I have come to doubt all that I once held as true. I stand alone without belief, the only truth I know is you.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page