Chat it up ladies!!!
P.s. Full moon is October 4th. . . . Baby boom?? Lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-27-2009, 02:51 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Not quite the 27th here yet, but thought I'd drop in. I can't believe I am still awake. I am usually in bed reading and winding down earlier than this. But we were all at my neighbors house having ribs and chatting with the other neighbors around us while all the kids were playing. Love those nights! But it's harder for me to stay up like I use to when I wasn't pregnant.

Married to a Navy man of 12 yrs.

03/02: 11/05: 01/08: 10-18-09: 10-31-10 and 7/22/13 with twins and just found out we're pos.gif again!!chicken3.gif

cd.gifslingboy.giffamilybed1.gifwinner.jpg

m/c '97 and in '03

Old 09-27-2009, 03:01 AM

I'm having my Baby Blessing tomorrow and I'm very excited! I was getting nervous that I would go into labor before the Blessing and I would feel sorry to miss it and bad for my friends who have put so much work into planning.

I've been cleaning the house all day and hope I will be able to get out of bed in the morning.

Had a good prenatal visit on Friday. Baby is head down, moving between LOA and posterior.

It's been over 48 hours since I had some bloody show so I'm thinking that labor is not eminent. I told the little one that she had to stay put until after the Blessing.
Old 09-27-2009, 03:29 AM

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Guess what I'm up doing? Canning!! LOL My FIL brought us an enormous bounty of cucumbers so I'm up working on pickles. My dh picked up 100 & some lbs. of tree fruits for me from a nearby organic farm today as well. I have spent MANY hours barefoot & pregnant in the kitchen over a hot stove this summer! But we're gonna eat well this winter.

I'm 37 weeks tomorrow (Sunday). Woohoo! I can't believe how close I'm getting!!

Have fun at your Blessing tomorrow Huck!

North Idaho rural living  mama to: 23 yo DD, 16 yo DS, 8 yo DS, 6 yo DS, 4 yr old DS, 2 yo DD, and 1 yo DS. And someone new coming this Christmas!
Old 09-27-2009, 09:59 AM

Almost 35 weeks here. Just 30 days away from my induction date. I still have so much to do. I haven't yet even washed or organized the baby clothes or bought any diapers. I did buy an infant seat because my current one expired, but its not out of the box yet.

For the past 2 days this baby has been jammed up in my ribs. Which is odd considering I can barely walk since she's dropped lower. Today she finally isn't there! Yay!

treehugger.gifAutistic pagan mama with five kiddos on the spectrum, learning through living life. autismribbon.gif  computergeek2.gif

Old 09-27-2009, 11:29 AM

Huck - I hope your blessing goes well today and is lots of fun!!!

Well, I officially hate Prodromal Labor now. I was thisclose to being convinced that I was in labor last night and that we were going to meet our baby. I started having contractions at 9:30 just as we were putting the boys to bed and they lasted until 11:30 with lots of cervical pressure/pain too. I was able to take a nap from 12am - 1:30 and then was up for another 90 minutes with contractions and pressure and then it just stopped.

I think it happened cause I overdid it yesterday. A LOT of walking and working outside pulling weeds and then getting grocceries. But I'm still bummed out.

On the bright side, I didn't feel scared when the contractions started and I thought this might be it, which is how I've felt with my last two births. I felt really excited that I might be meeting my baby soon and I was looking forward to calling our MW and Doula. So that's comforting!

One by one the days are slipping up behind you ~ One by one the sweetest days of life go by :
-Woodie Guthrie
Old 09-27-2009, 11:29 AM

I hate being stuck on this couch.
Friday I had a vacation day from work, so just rested. I got up for a while and went to get a haircut. I was looking SOOO frumpy and hadn't had a cut since April. I feel much better with a neat cut, and it will be easier for me to manage when he comes. And I'll hopefully look cuter in all those pictures!
Of course, sitting up long enough to drive over there, get snipped, and come home left my legs looking like tree trunks.
Saturday morning I went for a pedicure. My feet hurt so much and the skin feels like it's being stretched in the worst way. I can't imagine how it's STILL stretching... my feet have gone from 7 1/2 to at least 9 1/2 (haven't checked in a while, and all I can wear are a big pair of flip flops). Anyway, the foot and leg massage felt really great. And my toes look cute.
Stopped by the farm stand on the way home and bought some gorgeous apples, corn, a butternut squash, and some plums for my mom. All the local veggies looked so delicious, but I resisted buying more because I know I'm not going to be able to cook much. I had a real hankering for soup, because there's a chill in the air here. So I made corn chowder for dinner -- fresh corn, fresh little red potatoes (from the same farmer last week), nice smoky bacon. Yummmm. For dessert I made a simple apple crisp, which was divine.
Of course, I paid for it last night. Couldn't sleep because my hands hurt so badly from the chopping and cooking.
3 more days of work, then I'm done until late March. I don't think I'm going to be able to handle more than 3 hours actually at the office each day -- will work from home with my feet up for the rest. But I am SOOOOOO glad to be done with work! Now I just have to keep from going crazy between now and when he comes... not due until the 29th!

Spiralshell -- Mama to David Nathaniel, born October 2009. And so you see I have come to doubt all that I once held as true. I stand alone without belief, the only truth I know is you.
Old 09-27-2009, 12:58 PM

i am so excited it as almost october. i am so ready to be done. at least if it is october i will feel like i am getting closer instead of sitting here feeling like it is going to be forever. lol

my back hurts so bad. and my hips. ouch.

almost 38 weeks for me.

Me,DH,DS1'95, '98,DSD'03,DD1'07,DD2'09,DS2'12 Living with Fructose Malabsorption Syndrome and Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome Type 3-Hypermobility.)o( and sometimes I get toif I am lucky.
Old 09-27-2009, 01:36 PM

QUESTION:

So, last night I think I lost a little bit of my mucous plug and then when I wiped there was a little bit of blood. Nothing else. Does that really mean anything?

Tricia, married to DH. 2MC's & 4 yrs ttc...finally mom to Andrew6/06 and Benjamin 10/09. Adopted bro & sis 2002. My 2 fav. words: Spay and Neuter! I'm an Ultimate Viewer, 2010!

Old 09-27-2009, 01:41 PM

I'll be 37 weeks tomorrow. I'm not sure how ready I am for this baby, but there's most definitely no looking back now!

I have an appointment with my OB on Wednesday. I know it's selfish, but I'm half hoping I'm having contractions again during the NST and I have dialated mor so that maybe, just maybe, she will tell me to go to the hospital for an overnight stay and the c-section will be Thursday morning. That would be great, but I know it's best to cook baby until next week.

Charlize, married to DH 4/12/04. Mom to DD1 (4/2005) dust.gif, DD2 (3/2007) blowkiss.gif, and DD3 (10/2009) bouncy.gif, and DD4 (6/2011) energy.gif.

Old 09-27-2009, 02:07 PM

I had a very confusing night last night.

As I was getting ready for bed I began to feel really nauseous and had some wild stomach discomfort going on. I chalked it up to just being overly tired and tried to get comfy in bed. Well my little girl was moving as if she'd eaten an entire thing of cotton candy and was literally beating the crap out of me from the inside. I have never been certain before but I'm pretty sure I was getting BH along with everything. I kind of panicked for a minute because my hubby is 2 hours away hosting his brothers bachelor party and I knew if something was up, he wouldn't be able to get back here due to drinking... Anyway, I lay for a bit and then get up and walk around because I was so uncomfortable. Then I had an overwhelming urge to go sit on the toilet and literally as I sat down I had extreme liquid #2 (TMI sorry). That happened two times before the pain subsided enough for me to sleep.

Thankfully now that I'm awake, I feel mostly normal again. As much as I say I want to meet this little girl, I don't think 35 & 2 would've been a good idea. She needs to cook until at least 37 weeks before I will be at ease.

Tiffany love.gif , wife to DH geek.gif, mom of DD1 10/09 energy.gif, DD2 4/12/13 baby.gif, and two dog2.gif
Old 09-27-2009, 02:13 PM

I'm 38 weeks. Last night DP and I DTD, then I had a few serious contractions - the kind that make you pay attention to them. Totally made me think I might be in labor. I texted my midwife and took a nice long bath. Everything stopped, so I went to bed. Nothing at all going on today, and baby still hasn't dropped, so I'm thinking (hoping, kinda) that I still have a little while before baby makes an appearance. But last night totally psyched me out, because I never had any "ooh, is this labor?" moments with DD other than the night I actually went into labor.

It was a good trial run, though. Felt good to talk with DP, and feel confident that any time this little one does decide to appear we're ready.

Kristal: Now an at-home mama to my Doodle and my Roo and partner to my love .
15/52 craft projects completed in 2010.
Old 09-27-2009, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gumby74 View Post
QUESTION:

So, last night I think I lost a little bit of my mucous plug and then when I wiped there was a little bit of blood. Nothing else. Does that really mean anything?
Gumby, it may or may not. Blood, even a little bit, can be a good sign of labor approaching, as it means your cervix is dilating and effacing. Mucous by itself may or may not mean anything.

For me, I lost my mucous plug with bloody streaks a few hours before I went into labor with DD. So I'd take it as an indication that something's going on.

Exciting!

Kristal: Now an at-home mama to my Doodle and my Roo and partner to my love .
15/52 craft projects completed in 2010.
Old 09-27-2009, 03:46 PM

TIFF4NY - I had almost the same exact thing happen to me last week. It was super confusing. I didn't know what was going on. But - I've been ok ever since and no baby yet.

I'll be 38 weeks on Tuesday. It's so hard to believe I've made it this far. Man, I got to say that my crotch is so uncomfortable! I know that sounds gross, but it just feels really achy. I feel like I'm starting to waddle, but only because it's so sore down there. I don't think that the baby has dropped yet, so I'm not sure what it is.

I still haven't packed my bag yet. I've got to get on that. I think I've managed to wash all of the baby stuff I have. That was a lot of laundry. My friend just had her baby yesterday, so that was exciting. Except he weighed 10lbs, 7 oz!!! She ended up having a c section because he wasn't coming out very well. Ouch!!

Proud mom of Dylan born 10/10/09
Old 09-27-2009, 10:29 PM

I'm so excited that the end of the week is OCTOBER! Many reasons:

* I can finally say "I'm due at the end of the month" instead of "in October"
* Baby shower is on Friday night- I have an amazing group of co-worker/friends and former co-worker friends (houseparenting is a pretty close group!) that I get to hang out with and I love that!
* I have a whole list of baby-stuff that I told myself I couldn't do until October and that means I get to start doing it: wash all those cute baby clothes, wash & organize his diapers, set up the co-sleeper, etc.

Finally feels like I'm getting close! I also am supposed to have another ultrasound on Monday to check that he's growing (DD was tiny too, and my fundal height pretty much stalled out at this point but the midwife wants to just have a peek inside to see how things are going, I'm thrilled to see baby). I'm 35 weeks, which means 2 weeks until I'm "in the clear" for a birth center birth! Waaahooo!!!

Erika

(So Spiralshell, it may be you and I until the end! Sorry about all the swelling, that sounds terrible!)

Wife to my Denali-climbing DH
Mom to DD born Jan. 08 and DS born Oct. 09, and "baby sister" due Oct 2013!
House mom to ten boys, ages 8-11 at a group home! Yes, I must be nuts!
Old 09-27-2009, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eloise24 View Post
I'm so excited that the end of the week is OCTOBER! Many reasons:

* I can finally say "I'm due at the end of the month" instead of "in October"
It's so funny you say this, because even though I'm due at the beginning of October, I feel the same way. I can say "I'm due Oct 2nd" and people still go... "oh you have plenty of time." but... no, that's like 5 days from now!!! I've finally taken to saying "any day now," and since I finally look like I'm about to pop, people are actually starting to believe me! lol

Doula ~ CBE ~ Life Partner to my ManBearPeach ~ Multiple-miscarriage Survivor ~ Homebirthing, Breastfeeding, CDing, Babywearing, Co-Sleeping Mama to my Boy Bean , born 9/30/09!
Old 09-27-2009, 11:14 PM

I WISH I was due in 5 days. I'm due on Halloween. Literally the last day of the month. I'm hoping I'll do sooner though, although it would ber cool to have a Halloween baby but I have other reasons why I'd rather not go that long. It's just going that LONG that I don't want to deal with.

03/02: 11/05: 01/08: 10-18-09: 10-31-10 and 7/22/13 with twins and just found out we're pos.gif again!!chicken3.gif

m/c '97 and in '03

Old 09-27-2009, 11:58 PM

eloise24, southernmommie, TIFF4NY, myvspace, abeecharmer, and all the other end-of-monthers...
Hang in there!
I'm mentally preparing myself (or at least trying!) to go clear into November. I think it's going to drive me bonkers waiting this last month. I'm done with work as of Sept 30th, but I can't do anything around the house. So I'm basically just hanging out for the last month. And nothing makes a baby come late like sitting around and thinking too hard about wanting him to come early!
I wish I could really throw myself into projects around the house. We moved in a bit over a month ago, but it's still a wreck of boxes and disorganization. But I'm not supposed to lift anything heavy or be on my feet more than I really have to. I'm going to have to find a way to do some of this stuff in little short bursts otherwise it won't get done (and it needs to get done!)
I would love to stock the freezer, or even just sit and knit a blanket for him, anything to be useful and pass the time. Urgh!

Spiralshell -- Mama to David Nathaniel, born October 2009. And so you see I have come to doubt all that I once held as true. I stand alone without belief, the only truth I know is you.
Old 09-28-2009, 01:04 AM

Oh! My achin' back! I'm rounding the bend toward 38 weeks and my back has HAD IT! I can't even do the most menial of chores without my back crapping out on me. I don't know how I'm going to keep this house remotely clean and ready for my home birth. DS is a tornado! I can't grocery shop without wanting to cry by the time I need to check out.

BAH! My home visit is this week and as soon as that's done, I'm fully giving myself permission to encourage labor however I see fit at the time. I'm sure I won't resort to drastic measures until I'm 41+, but I REALLY hope I don't have to be pg that long!!
Old 09-28-2009, 01:51 AM

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AuntieLiz View Post
It's so funny you say this, because even though I'm due at the beginning of October, I feel the same way. I can say "I'm due Oct 2nd" and people still go... "oh you have plenty of time." but... no, that's like 5 days from now!!! l
That was me, too. lol. I'm due 3 days after you, and as long as it was August -- even August 31 -- I had "two months left." Now that it's the end of September, I have "one month left" lol. But really it's a WEEK! EEEE!!! lol.

And I have a whole lot of nothing going on. A few random contractions here and there, but no mucous plug, no blood, nothing else that would indicate anything happening within the immediate future.

Andrea , child of God, wife of Tim , mama of L, B, J, J

Younique has new products! Come check it out!!
Earn free makeup. Join the sisterhood. Build your future.
Old 09-28-2009, 02:43 AM

I'm also due 10.31 and am expecting to go into November. I don't think it'll be too bad though because this month FLEW right by me and we don't have a single free weekend up until my due date. We also have multiple weekly get togethers we do with friends. So with all the activity, time doesn't have a chance to drag.

I've been cleaning the house and am preparing to get her clothes organized and washed. We assembled all the big items we got for her and now I just get to pick at things around the house until it's time.

Is there a thread already about good freezable dinner recipes? That would be great to have one place where we could collect and share ideas. I really need to get on that.

Tiffany love.gif , wife to DH geek.gif, mom of DD1 10/09 energy.gif, DD2 4/12/13 baby.gif, and two dog2.gif
Old 09-28-2009, 02:48 PM

When I got up this morning I found I'd lost a chunk of my mucous plug! I'm only 37w1d & I totally do not expect labor anytime soon. But with all 4 of my other births, I didn't have the slightest bit of mucous lost until within days or hours of labor beginning so I was super shocked to discover that lovely slime ball this morning!

I guess all these contractions are really doing things up there! Now I'm going to be all obsessed every single time I use the bathroom, checking for more mucous & freaking out for no reason!! LOL

North Idaho rural living  mama to: 23 yo DD, 16 yo DS, 8 yo DS, 6 yo DS, 4 yr old DS, 2 yo DD, and 1 yo DS. And someone new coming this Christmas!
Old 09-28-2009, 08:21 PM - Thread Starter

I had a midwife appointment today. Everythings looking good!! She said the babys head is so far down that when labor does start it wont last long because the baby is right in position. Im ok with that, lol! She was trying to feel the babys head and she said the neck is at the pubic bone which she said is very rare in a first time mom to have the baby that low already so Im very pleased!! The midwife said I couldnt be healthier so Yay!! I got the call back from the backup OB on the Group B strep test and it was negative and they also thought that from the test they did on my urine in the office I had a infection so they sent it off to the lab but it came back clear too. Not sure what they saw at the office??
My Braxton hicks are still coming pretty strong. Not painful but definetly feel them!
My doula is coming sunday for our meeting to discuss what we want and all and to make sure she knows where we live. Im excited! She is amazing! She was our bradley instructor and I just her. After I KNOW she knows where I live Ill feel better about going into labor. Lol. My Midwife said she isnt sure if she will be able to make it to my house for a home visit next week which is when I will be 38 weeks because of her other clients so that kinda makes me nervous. BUT she has a GPS and our address and our house is extremely easy to find, the GPS takes you right to our house so she shouldnt have a problem.
Old 09-28-2009, 08:44 PM

Had my appointment today. The update is that I may not make it to 37 weeks. Ultrasound confirmed baby was head down, but also showed that she is literally sitting all the way down into my pelvis. I am just too ripe right now he says. Lol. I'm 35 +5 today. I'm okay as long as I make it till after tomorrow afternoon. i have an important exam that I really want to finish before baby comes. So any time after that. My next appointment is when I hit 38 weeks. He says I won't be there for that one but to make the next 2 anyway. If I don't make the appointment then I'd probably still be pregnant and without an appointment. Lol. He was really funny. I like him so much better than my midwives I had. I'm glad I switched back.

m/c '97 and in '03

Old 09-28-2009, 10:25 PM

I had an ultrasound today, everything looks good! Placenta is high and out of the way, baby is measuring great. In fact, she gave me an earlier due date than the 31st. For most people that wouldn't necessarily mean anything, but we are TINY people and our baby's don't measure "ahead." I've felt all along that our original date was off, so this feels good to me. Of course we'll see what baby decides to do, but it gives me some hope AND gives me and earlier 37 week "safe" date!

Anyway!

Erika

Wife to my Denali-climbing DH
Mom to DD born Jan. 08 and DS born Oct. 09, and "baby sister" due Oct 2013!
House mom to ten boys, ages 8-11 at a group home! Yes, I must be nuts!
Old 09-28-2009, 10:50 PM

I wish I had something to report from my dr appt today. All he said is that I'm a model patient and sent me on my way. Babies HB was good and I measured perfectly.

Next week (36w) I have a cervical check and then the following week I have a sonogram to check for positioning and to guestimate the size of the baby.

The week after that is my BILs wedding and I'm soooo scared to go into labor right around/during it. I'd be fine it I had her before with enough time to recover or even the day after. But please baby no special appearances from like the 14-17th!

Who am I kidding. I'll probably go well into November! Ha.

Old 09-28-2009, 11:30 PM

Well today was the first day that I actually felt like saying "I am SO done with this!" -- and from the beginning of my pg I was bound and determined to stay positive and patient until the bitter end. even if i have to go 42 weeks. i'm just completely wiped out. and it only really hit me in the past 2-3 days. I can't get comfortable anywhere, can't get anything done around the house, can't walk very far, my SPD and sciatica are killing me, BH are driving me batty, and still no signs of impending labor. Little cervical twinges from time to time, but no actual contractions, no leaks, no mucous plug, no show, no loose bowels, no anything. just this big, giant wiggly baby in my pelvis making my life difficult. I'm 39+3 and have a MW appt tomorrow and I'm starting to wonder if i should have a vag exam just to see if any of the sensations i've been having are doing anything. just to "know" -- even though I know it won't tell me anything definitive. (and wanting a VE is SO contrary to what i've wanted so far. i've made a point of not having any internal checks, and never intended to have any unless absolutely necessary. my MW has never seen my vag, and I don't really want her to! lol)

I told DH today that I want to put myself on bedrest. even going to the bathroom is a feat. please don't make me get up, move around, get dressed, do stuff.... *sigh*

Doula ~ CBE ~ Life Partner to my ManBearPeach ~ Multiple-miscarriage Survivor ~ Homebirthing, Breastfeeding, CDing, Babywearing, Co-Sleeping Mama to my Boy Bean , born 9/30/09!
Old 09-28-2009, 11:35 PM

My MW appt today was so very boring that she said I don't even need to come in next week. I've been making the 45 min drive weekly now, but I'm so healthy & boring that she thought next week's appt would just be a waste of a drive. And hopefully I'll miss the *next* appt (@ 39.5 wks.) cuz I'll be in labor by then.

So in tonight's canning adventure: nectarines! And I'll still have another 100lbs or so of food to go before Baby's allowed to think about coming. We made our first batch of sauerkraut & it turned out awesome! I'm so glad. We made it half red & half green cabbage so the entire thing turned out a vibrant pinkish purple. lol

OOooooOOooo DH & I FINALLY had a real conversation about names last night! Like, an actual sit down, brainstorm & write things on the chalk board conversation. I think we actually have a short list of possibilities for both genders now. So awesome. But, ZERO ideas for a boy's middle name. Oy.

Old 09-28-2009, 11:43 PM

I feel like the slow and swollen lovechild of a Tortoise and and Hippo.

That is all for today

Old 09-28-2009, 11:58 PM

Have I mentioned that my back hurts?

It's pretty sad when you have to wear a maternity support belt and a sports bra just to make dinner...

My home visit is Thurs. Anytime after that, baby, please do show your pretty little face!

User Tag List