The Wisdom of Wii Fit - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 10-05-2009, 02:26 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I decided to play around on the Wii Fit to take my mind off the never ending prodromal labor. I made a little character and started a profile. First it takes you through a body test based on weight and balance and such. The weight puts me at obese, which I am not surprised at, because, well, I'm nine months pregnant. Then it tested me on my center of gravity. Not surprisingly it says my center of gravity is off. I was expecting that because I am indeed pregnant. Then I was greatly amused that it goes on to lecture me about how an off balance center of gravity can be caused by weakened abdominal muscles or pelvic distortion. I look down at my ginormous belly and all I can think is, "You don't say!" I'm kind of interested to see what it will say when I have the baby and drop 15-20 lbs in a week!

One Mom, Three Kids. Life is Great.

#2 of 9 Old 10-05-2009, 03:34 PM

We did that too. It was really funny. It should have an option that says "are you pregnant?" and then go from there. I also wish they had a pregnant work out game for it too.

Married to a Navy man of 12 yrs.

03/02: 11/05: 01/08: 10-18-09: 10-31-10 and 7/22/13 with twins and just found out we're pos.gif again!!chicken3.gif

cd.gifslingboy.giffamilybed1.gifwinner.jpg

m/c '97 and in '03

#3 of 9 Old 10-05-2009, 04:31 PM

Boys: 12/94, 1/99, 11/03, 6/11. Girls: 11/06, 10/09, 12/12 2ndtri.gif

#4 of 9 Old 10-05-2009, 07:05 PM

I've been doing it on occasion my entire pregnancy. And each time it tells me I've gained weight and asks why I always scream at it for not having an "I'm Pregnant" option. Then I just choose eating too much and it lectures me. lol.

Tiffany love.gif , wife to DH geek.gif, mom of DD1 10/09 energy.gif, DD2 4/12/13 baby.gif, and two dog2.gif
#5 of 9 Old 10-06-2009, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIFF4NY View Post
I've been doing it on occasion my entire pregnancy. And each time it tells me I've gained weight and asks why I always scream at it for not having an "I'm Pregnant" option. Then I just choose eating too much and it lectures me. lol.
me too!

Angel (30), dh (31) (kd to H. 4/25/07 & K. 5/23/11), Vladimir 10/17/09 & Nikolai 7/6/11

#6 of 9 Old 10-06-2009, 07:22 PM

My brother bought me one for my baby shower. It is still in the box. I refuse to get on it until baby is born!

JenaMom to ds & dd Proud to
#7 of 9 Old 10-06-2009, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeadowMom View Post
My brother bought me one for my baby shower. It is still in the box. I refuse to get on it until baby is born!
What I'm looking forward to doing is weighing myself just before I have my baby and then just after and each day from then on out.

As it is I get on it everyday to have a record of how I'm gaining. It's nice because it stores it for you so you don't have to remember.

Tiffany love.gif , wife to DH geek.gif, mom of DD1 10/09 energy.gif, DD2 4/12/13 baby.gif, and two dog2.gif
#8 of 9 Old 10-07-2009, 12:20 AM

I haven't used it in quite awhile because of my restriced activities, but when I did ds would always bark back at the tv, "That's because mama has a BABY in her belly! Don't you listen!?"
#9 of 9 Old 10-07-2009, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tayndrewsmama View Post
I haven't used it in quite awhile because of my restriced activities, but when I did ds would always bark back at the tv, "That's because mama has a BABY in her belly! Don't you listen!?"

That is too cute!

JenaMom to ds & dd Proud to

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page