Mothering Forum banner

Who Else is Still Waiting to Give Birth?

2K views 69 replies 52 participants last post by  tayndrewsmama 
#1 ·
With so much baby action going on, I am just wondering who is still here waiting with me?

See less See more
#54 ·
mamato peach: Ouch! That makes my butt hurt thinking about it!

I was thinking this morning I wonder how long it's going to take for someone to replicate some of the hormones which are responsible for kicking labor into high gear. This baby feels like he is completely ready and is just waiting for his alarm clock (perhaps hormones?) to go off to get things moving.

#55 ·
37w4d. been having prodromal for about a week. nothing regular though. a lot of what feels like period cramps. and some cervical pain. i'm hoping for tomorrow! lol i asked the boy to come out on his Grandpa's birthday and the date will be cool 09-10-11! lol

i doubt he'll listen though. he IS my husband's son!

#56 ·
second night in a row that I was up all night with contractions. Good ones too. Lasting on the average 90 seconds the fartherst apart is 8 mins. As soon as the sun rises they pretty much stop. Right now they are about every 20 mins. I'm so stinkin' tired and frustrated.

#57 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by MamatoPeach View Post
Me. With a bruised butt from my fall last night. Labor can wait till this heals up

Ouch! I am sorry. I hope your tush feels better soon. I feel like that all the time and I didn't even fall.
My lower back is slipping out now and that probably doesn't help any. I could barely walk or stand up yesterday and had to go to the chiro twice! My mom had to drive me there the second time even.

#58 ·
i'm 39 weeks tomorrow, with on and off prelabor for a few weeks now. but this week has stepped up a big notch - low cramps or the hard belly happening every day now throughout the day, pain in my tailbone area, pressure in my crotch (sorry!) especially when i walk, sharp pain in my cervix and now diarrhea today (again, sorry!). but nothing is timeable, and i haven't seen anything resembling a mucus plug or water leaking. i'm just trying to be patient and let things happen when they want to, but i can tell that even the baby is getting antsy and tired of all this and wants out

#59 ·
My 20 month old son is NOT sleeping at night.
I've gotten less than 3 hours of sleep the past three days. I have no idea why he's doing this but it stinks. I've gotten up and down from the bed so many times I pulled muscles in the side of my belly.

#60 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nature View Post
I've gotten less than 3 hours of sleep the past three days. I have no idea why he's doing this but it stinks. I've gotten up and down from the bed so many times I pulled muscles in the side of my belly.

I'm sorry! My son doesn't sleep through the night, but at least he usually goes back to sleep. He was like that a few days ago; up several times during the night. He was sick though.
I got very little sleep the past few weeks and it's hard trying to get him back to sleep with such a big belly and it being hard to move.

Hope you and your son get some well needed rest soon!!!

#61 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nature View Post

Ooohh.. I know exactly how you feel with the pulled muscles. They are really REALLY painful!

#64 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by brenna80 View Post
Me! Yesterday was my due date. A couple days ago, I thought my water broke while I was throwing up. Nope. I just peed on the bathroom floor!

omg I did that when I was pregnant last time!! Seriously! I upchucked noodles (all over the bathroom btw, my wonderful dh cleaned it up) And while I was puking it was so forceful that I peed everywhere on the floor. I was so embarrassed I started bawling my eyes out.

But it sure is funny now!

#65 ·
My belly feels so full, and I've got constipation and am just generally sore, along with a sore hip. I am only 38 weeks three days or so, but I don't know how I'm going to make it to 40 weeks. So tired!
Nature, I can't imagine how you can function. I have a much older ds (he is 6 1/2) and he sleeps pretty much through the night (sometimes he wakes up if I get up in the middle of the night to pee), and I'm still exhausted.
to you.

#67 ·
He slept through the night last night!
I got a glorious 6 hours solid of sleep! I didn't even get up to pee! I feel so much better this morning. I was even giddy when he finally woke up at 6am. Isn't that silly?

I'm going to my baby shower this afternoon. I have no idea how it will be a complete failure but I'm sure it will be. So I'm glad I'm in good spirits today at least!
Wish me luck!

#68 ·
lots of mamas left!

I'm 37+5, due the 27th. For some reason I'm at peace with waiting right now. After a whole pregnancy of being impatient, and nearly constantly telling people so, I am finally content to wait for this baby and enjoy the amazing feeling of a full term baby wriggling in my belly. I'm working on finishing my stash small of covers (wool and PUL, already made the newborn stuff), and just made a new diaper bag. I'm enjoying each day I get to continue homeschooling my oldest before we take a long break. ANd nesting is starting to kick in, I'm slowly but surely getting each of my household organizing projects done and enjoying it!

I desperately want to look back on this time as being peaceful and content, and not impatient and negative... my DH is convinced this is our last baby

#69 ·
The irony for me is I am actually sleeping well (besides up at least 4 times to go pee)now. No insomnia or pain. So I am ready but not at this point. So glad my kids are a bit older and sleeping through the night. With my last pregnancy I had a 1 year old and the lack of sleep just about killed me.

#70 ·
I am trying really hard not to be irritated right now. I spent at least half of this pregnancy fending of PTL and now this kid is just not moving. I was excited to make it past 35 weeks....I was excited to make it past 37 weeks.....I was excited to make it 'till dh got home. I am NOT happy that we have to go and see the doc today who makes me want to strangle him every time I look at him anymore. I am not happy that dh has already mentioned numerous times that he isn't getting a paycheck while home waiting. I am not happy that there seems to be no more room for this kid in me either.

Maybe it's just all of this crappy weather we have been having. A little sunshine would probably make me feel quite a bit better. This morning ds was all bent out of shape wanting to know why I was making him do school work "in the middle of the night".
Now I am scared this kid will stay in too long and I'll have to be induced.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.