Waiting and in need of some ideas for making these days as lovely as they should be... - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 10-12-2009, 08:36 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm not due until the 25th, but ds3 was born three weeks early and so I've been ready for two weeks now......

My life is good--DH is home, the kids are terrific, etc.--but I've had the blues for a couple of days. It's just the waiting, I think.

So I'm looking for some suggestions of things to do/thoughts to consider/ways to regroup etc. so I can focus on the good stuff. I basically just need recentering, but I keep running the same frustrated sound track in my head.

Thoughts?

Happy mom to DS2000, DS2002, DD2004, DS2006 and DS 10/2009:
#2 of 7 Old 10-12-2009, 09:54 PM

I was feeling the same way and then I looked up some fetal development videos on youtube. They were wonderful and reminded me of how special and precious this journey truly is. Just keep telling yourself....9 months of waiting for a lifetime of memories!

Tricia, married to DH. 2MC's & 4 yrs ttc...finally mom to Andrew6/06 and Benjamin 10/09. Adopted bro & sis 2002. My 2 fav. words: Spay and Neuter! I'm an Ultimate Viewer, 2010!

#3 of 7 Old 10-12-2009, 10:46 PM

I'm planning a "spa" day this Thursday where I'll get my hair cut and a pedicure and then if the baby's not here by the weekend, we're going to splurge and go out to eat a nice restaurant. Otherwise, I'm trying to keep myself from baking delicious things and eating them!

Mama to P. born at home 10/09, and W. born in the hospital 2/13

#4 of 7 Old 10-13-2009, 10:13 AM

Pedicure and lots of dates with dh and each of my kids individually. I know this will be the last time for some alone time for close to a year since I tend to keep my babies with me. Just trying to enjoy being the mother of only3 for a bit longer. I also make sure I talk to supportive friends every day. Looking at pictures of cute, fat healthy babies helps me too. The longer I carrier the healthier and bigger my baby will be. But I get it. I always have gone 8 days over.

Homeschooling, midwifery mom to 4 beautiful blessings(8,6,4,1)

#5 of 7 Old 10-13-2009, 11:28 AM

I'm trying to enjoy the fall weather! I picked up mums and other fall decorations yesterday. This week I'm planning on making a scarecrow with the kids, and over the weekend we're going apple and pumpkin picking.

Day to day, I just try to relax and enjoy this time. Pretty soon I won't be able to lay in bed and *know* that I'm going to get any sleep, so I'm trying to enjoy that

Stephanie, Mama to five beautiful kids, wife to J

#6 of 7 Old 10-13-2009, 11:45 AM

write to your baby. i did this for my oldest. when he was a teenager he read the letters and cried. a teenaged boy! love up on yourself. don't forget to see all of the beauty and blessings that are right under your fingertips. spend some time appreciating your littlest before they are no longer the littlest.

Boys: 12/94, 1/99, 11/03, 6/11. Girls: 11/06, 10/09, 12/12 2ndtri.gif

#7 of 7 Old 10-13-2009, 11:51 AM

Love all of the pampering ideas!! Unfortunately I am on restriction from pampering with the economy and new addition..bummer..so I am trying to get creative. Right now the weather is slightly changing in California..yeah its actually raining! So I am putting away all of my tank tops and maternity clothes, posting some for sale, etc and busting out the fall/winter clothes looking forward to getting back in my old clothes. So in a sense that is the pampering I can get..hahaha!

Other than that sewing a little outfit for our little guy and just trying to keep the groceries lasting with a house full of boys..haha! Hopefully we can all try to find peace of mind each day since our lives are going to change so quickly. Hopefully this weekend we will all be posting birth stories best of luck to all!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page