Post partum bleeding. Whats normal? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-28-2009, 01:58 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ds is almost 2 and 1/2 weeks old. I am not a big bleeder. I think I bled for about 3-4 weeks with my first but the last 2 weeks or so were really really lightly.
For the first 9 days after his birth I really took it easy. No lifting dd, no stairs etc. Life was great. Bleeding slowed down. Then Dh went back to work. Lately I keep stopping bleeding.. and then starting again- heavy, light, small clots etc. I know I am doing ALOT. Housework, entertaining a toddler, nursing all day, walking around outside ( with dd not for exercise), lifting heavy laundry baskets etc. Not getting any sleep. Living life basically. I don't remember stopping and starting bleeding this much. Any one else care to share their bleeding pattern???

All natural Mama to Keira 6/1/07, Israel 10/10/ 09, Nairi 04/01/2011, and #4 March 2013

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-28-2009, 02:17 PM

That's exactly what happened with me when my son was born, even though I didn't have any older children to look after! I didn't think I was even doing that much but I wasn't resting enough, that's for sure. I think it is normal to stop and start up again if you aren't getting enough rest. Can you get anyone to help you with your older LO so you don't have to walk around as much?

Right now my bleeding is light but I'm only on day 4 and I've been able to rest quite a bit thankfully. I'm nervous about it starting up again if I have to do too much chasing after my little guy, who just started walking a lot and has been into everything for months now! Or if I try to do too much... so I am trying to take it easy for a little while longer yet, even if I feel fine.
Old 10-28-2009, 10:00 PM

i'm still spotting 6 wks later but i got zero recovery time. if you are worried, call your hcp and see what they suggest. my iron was 13 monday so i'm ok even though i'm sick of pads!

Jen-loving Bill, mama to Teryn 18, Kalyn 16, Ricky 13, Natalie 5, Angel Zoe '07 and rainbow1284.gifAmelia Rae 22 mos bonus kids (dss) W 14, W 13 NEW grandbaby due 10/10/11

User Tag List