Mothering Forum banner

the homebirth of baby Aliyah Ellen

819 views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  transylvania_mom 
#1 ·
Hi all,
We had a baby girl on October 16 here at home...her name is Aliyah Ellen (a-lee-ya). I didn't realize how much I was hoping for a daughter until I was holding her in my arms!

The birth was amazing....I mean it was super hard of course...but everything just went about as perfectly as it could have. Labor started around 1am and was fast and furious...she was born at 6:55. Compared to my 3 day labor with my son, Noah, this felt sooo fast. They barely had the birth pool ready for me when I started to feel pushy. It was so nice to get in the water...but she sure was like a freight train. I could feel her little body moving through mine so distinctly...it was wild. About 3-5 pushes and she was out! And Noah was amazing...he woke up at 5:15 when I was in the throws of it...being really loud and such...and it didn't even phase him! He greeted me and said "I'm just going to play in the other room" and then proceeded to shout out things like "keep workin' through it Mama!" in the midst of contractions and he would come and kiss me and rub my back. It was amazing. Then he was right there, reaching into the pool to "help" the midwife when she was born, helped us check to see her gender (which he predicted!), and then cut the cord with Daddy after I birthed the placenta. The whole thing, though so hard, was so magical. If ever I doubted how perfect it would go (I had a bit of fear going into it)...boy was I proven wrong. The presence of the Divine was so palpable...impossible to even describe.

I have been on and off the ddc throughout the pregnancy...but thought it would be fun to share the news. Congratulations to everyone who is now in new baby-land and best of luck and blessings to those of you still awaiting your little person!!

xo
Sarah

See less See more
#4 ·
Congrats on your little girl! Such a sweet story!

#9 ·
thanks all

just like giving birth can be just what you need to propell you into mothering your little one...

having my son be so sweet at the birth has given me the strength and patience to deal with the fall-out of his temper now that the reality of having to share mom and dad has set in!!! when i am about to freak out at him for being such a buster...i just close my eyes and think of my little 4 year old doula

xo
sarah

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.