Resting? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 12 Old 11-06-2009, 05:01 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
How long are we supposed to rest again? I've been naughty and I keep lifting the twins and each time I do I have red bleeding again (last night it was really bad... like immediate PP bleeding... stopped it with rest, wombstringe and placenta Phew!) When are we supposed to be able to resume lifting, walking etc. I feel really good and I'm stir crazy, but then if I go out my bleeding gets bad. Enlighten me?

Lucia , Poly )O( Lactation Counseling mama lady.gifvbac.gifto 5 yo Goobersuperhero.gif and 3 1/2 yo MZ twins twins.gif Peanut and Sweetpea and 1yo Pumpkinbabyf.gif mmm placenta.gif
#2 of 12 Old 11-06-2009, 05:12 PM

The change in bleeding is your body's way of telling you it is too much too soon. I think everyone is different. This recovery has been a bit harder for me, but then again I got up and going TOO soon. I know it is hard when you feel good, but give it time. Snuggle little Malcolm up and just try to continue to rest. No more lifting the twins. Have them come sit in your lap while you are sitting on the bed instead of lifting. How many weeks postpartum are you?

Stephanie-33 lucky mama of 5 precious ones: DD-12, DS-9 , DS-6 , and DD-3 and Bridget Alannah  SHE'S ONE NOW! loving wife to DH-38
#3 of 12 Old 11-06-2009, 05:13 PM

Not sure, but I'm 5 weeks out and I spot red every time I do too much in one day. The worst is carrying the darn bucket seat, I so hate those things. I'm getting sick of spotting.

Me Wife to T (14 years)Mama to Princess(4) and Monster Boy(my 1 year old ):
#4 of 12 Old 11-06-2009, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norasmomma View Post
Not sure, but I'm 5 weeks out and I spot red every time I do too much in one day. The worst is carrying the darn bucket seat, I so hate those things. I'm getting sick of spotting.
Yep, I could have written the same thing, except for I'm 4 wks pp. Just last night a bunch of the bright red bleeding happened again. Could have been my two days of shopping with 4 kids and that darn bucket seat I suppose...

belly.gifMandy Mom to Hayden (9),  Ellie (7),  Jordyn (4),  Evan (10/07/09 - 01/11/12),  

and our rainbow1284.gif baby due January 29th!  

homebirth.jpg   waterbirth.jpg   redbluerib.gif   novaxnocirc.gif

candleflicker2.gif www.facebook.com/healingevan                

#5 of 12 Old 11-06-2009, 05:58 PM - Thread Starter

two weeks today. I just can't remember what the "official reccommendation" is for resting. I remember walking alot after the girls were born because of my c-section and the risk of clots. I also didn't bleed quite as much... I think I was done at 3-4 weeks and then one last bleed at 6 weeks (placenta's last gasp as my mw called it). I def know I'm doing too much, I just am curious when I'm supposed to be able to lift again. Is it 6 weeks? I forget and they didn't say boo about it at the hospital.

Lucia , Poly )O( Lactation Counseling mama lady.gifvbac.gifto 5 yo Goobersuperhero.gif and 3 1/2 yo MZ twins twins.gif Peanut and Sweetpea and 1yo Pumpkinbabyf.gif mmm placenta.gif
#6 of 12 Old 11-06-2009, 07:12 PM

All I can say is what we tell our clients. This is for quick healing and to reduce you chances of prolapse and bladder issues. Plus to establish milk supply and adequate bonding and resting to reduce PPD.
3 days flat in bed. Up only to shower and use bathroom.4 days in bed maybe a few hours on couch. 1 week in the house only the lightest of cleaning (folding laundry, loading dishes etc.) 2 weeks of slowly getting back to normal but avoid shopping alone, lifting baby seat or doing too much. No exercise other than light walking for 6 weeks.
HTH

I am a day behind you and going crazy as well. But I know it will be worth it in the long run to take it easy.

Homeschooling, midwifery mom to 4 beautiful blessings(8,6,4,1)

#7 of 12 Old 11-06-2009, 08:48 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you! I totally didn't do this . I'll be starting over I think, spend the weekend in bed and on the couch and then take it easy, no lifting etc. I def don't need to hemmorage because I can't sit still

#8 of 12 Old 11-06-2009, 10:08 PM

I was playing frisbee with my boys when Forest was about a week old . . . after 10 minutes I suddenly stopped and said "what the heck am I doing!?!?!??!" Gulp! That's the problem when you feel so good, you start doing things you probably shouldn't . . . I felt awful after DD was born but at least it made me behave better

Erika

Wife to my Denali-climbing DH
Mom to DD born Jan. 08 and DS born Oct. 09, and "baby sister" due Oct 2013!
House mom to ten boys, ages 8-11 at a group home! Yes, I must be nuts!
#9 of 12 Old 11-07-2009, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eloise24 View Post
I was playing frisbee with my boys when Forest was about a week old . . . after 10 minutes I suddenly stopped and said "what the heck am I doing!?!?!??!" Gulp! That's the problem when you feel so good, you start doing things you probably shouldn't . . . I felt awful after DD was born but at least it made me behave better

Erika
yes, I'll feel really good one day w/no bleeding and then I'm always bleeding and a little sore the next day because I do too much when I feel good.

Wife to J. Mama to DD(3yo) & DS(1yo)
#10 of 12 Old 11-09-2009, 05:20 PM

With DS I think my bleeding was gone in a week and a half or so, but he was the only one I had to focus on then so it was easy to be good.

This time with DD they told me at the hospital 2-3 weeks with no lifting DS, who's just 2, and 22 pounds. I couldn't go for 3 weeks since DH had to go back to work after 2 and I need to put DS down for naps and stuff. I lifted him just a bit when DH was home and would notice that the bleeding would get worse again.

But, the bleeding was gone completely this time by about 4 weeks PP, and that's WITH a PP hemorrhage right after DD was born. I'm at 5 1/2 weeks PP now and I feel great, have been doing regular housework, errands, care of DS and DD, etc. since probably 4 weeks easily and 3 weeks with some effort. A week and a half ago I cleaned the house top to bottom and cooked for and entertained 10 people for a weekend for DS' birthday and felt great the whole time. I think everybody's just different.
#11 of 12 Old 11-17-2009, 05:35 PM

i am still bleeding 5 weeks post-c-section. is this normal? I think it's from bouncing on the yoga ball with baby in a carrier to get her to sleep. otherwise she screams.
#12 of 12 Old 11-17-2009, 08:38 PM

My bleeding was nearly stopped in about 4 days. I really didn't do much at all. I stayed in our bedroom for a few days. The problem I ended up with was that I had clotting that wasn't passing. Once my body started trying to push it out it felt like another babe was crowning without contractions! Once I knew what was going on and that it was okay and needed to come out, I started walking to get more out. It totally sucked, but would have been much worse if they didn't come out.

The hard thing I think is that each pp period is different and so is each person. I guess we all need to pay close attention to our bodies and listen to them. What was good for me this time would have been terrible for me after my first. My second was the easiest. Who knew?

joyakshi, I hope someone can give you advice. Is there any reason why bleeding would be different for those who had a c-section vs. vaginal delivery?

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page