My baby boy is here and I'm in love - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 11 Old 11-06-2009, 06:00 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I technically ended up in the November DDC with my EDD being 11/5, but I started posting here so I will share my news with you ladies.

Tuesday morning 11/3, I woke up around 4:00 a.m. with eyes wide open to a very familiar feeling. I was induced with my daughter so I was scared my whole pregnancy that I wouldn't know what labor felt like. Boy, I knew it was real labor! I tried my best to sleep through it, despite multiple bathroom trips, until around 8 a.m. when my daughter woke up. I carried on with my morning and tried to ignore it but things seemed to pick up pretty quickly. My husband went to work but ended up coming back around 10:30. I called my MW just before 11:00 and she told me she would start getting her things together and call me back. We went for a walk with the dog and my 2 year old DD to see if I could get things moving and get some sunshine and fresh air. I couldn't walk very far and ended up going back home. We kept seeing neighbors and I was NOT in the mood for people asking me when I was going to have my baby.

A lot of stuff from this point on is a blur, but I believe my MW arrived around noon. I had just gotten in the shower when she arrived. I got out of the shower so the birth pool could finish being filled up. I walked and swayed through the contractions until I could get into the pool. My doula arrived shortly after that. When I finally climbed in, it felt so good. I spent quite a bit of time in there. I remember asking someone to please pull my daughters hair up. It is naturally curly and started looking like a mullet and it was bugging me. I also told them to ditch the clock since it was bothering me as well. At one point in labor, I remembered we had a neighbor who was coming by for a visit that evening. I'm so glad I remembered to tell DH to cancel that.

I felt things were going pretty quickly, so I had DH call my friend/photographer to come over so she wouldn't miss any of the good stuff. She came and started immediately snapping some incredible photos. My 2 year old had a paper "Happy Birthday" plate and was in her room with an apron on baking cupcakes for her brudder. She kept singing to him while I labored. She was an incredible strength to me throughout the birth.

At one point, MW said I sounded "pushy" and could try to lightly push against contractions if it helped. I remember thinking I was getting close to the end. Ha!! My labor picked up and intensified. I was really struggling with the pain and kept getting pretty fearful. At one point, MW checked and said my cervix was mush on top but still there on the bottom. I got out of the pool and I pushed a little with her holding the cervix up. This did nothing. It was very discouraging and I was really starting to fall apart. It was so painful and I felt so hopeless. MW asked me to lay on my side and just try and relax and breathe for a bit and sort of have my rite of passage with DH there. I pretty much screamed through every contraction and squeezed his arm the whole time. MW and doula had suggested a car ride and I was so scared to leave my house. I was more scared of ending up at the hospital. I started to tell DH that I was a failure and couldn't keep going. He was amazing and kept telling me I WAS doing it and I had been going strong all day and could do this.

A few minutes later, MW checked in on us and asked if I wanted to go back to the shower. I seemed to be doing better there than anywhere else. I walked in my room and got in the shower and my labor just exploded after that. DH kept squeezing my hips and I was just grabbing the walls and handle in the shower. The feelings were so different and I knew something had changed. I reached down and could feel his head coming down and I knew it was going to be over soon. Out of nowhere I got a burst of energy and strength and just pushed with everything I had. It was so incredible to be the one who felt his head and know exactly what was happening. I put my leg up on the seat and just started working so hard. It felt so good to get his head out but then I didn't feel anything to help me push his shoulders out. My MW was dressed in a rain shield and was halfway in the shower with me. I started begging her for help. I'm not sure what she was supposed to do. lol I don't really remember anything else at that point except her telling me to take my baby. He was out! Oh man, it felt so good to be done! He had some sticky shoulders so she had to help pull him out. I didn't know what was happening at the time. It was such a blur.

He had a little bit of a rough start so it took some work to get him to cry and breathe, but after a few minutes he was doing great. I swear my placenta weighed as much as he did. I couldn't believe how good it felt when it came out. A short time later, we were snuggling in our bed as a family and DD was kissing her new brother. I don't think I could love my husband any more. He is incredible and I could not have done it without him. My MW and doula were incredible and I felt so safe and powerful with them here. It was truly the best experience of my life.

Andrew Mac N. was born at 6:58 p.m. on 11/3/09 weighing 7 lbs. 9 oz. and is 21 inches long. He's beautiful and loves nursing with his mama. We are so happy he is here.

Congrats to all of you October mamas. I can't believe we made it!
#2 of 11 Old 11-06-2009, 06:52 PM

What a great birth! Congratulations on your sweet little boy. I really enjoyed reading your story.

Stephanie-33 lucky mama of 5 precious ones: DD-12, DS-9 , DS-6 , and DD-3 and Bridget Alannah  SHE'S ONE NOW! loving wife to DH-38
#3 of 11 Old 11-06-2009, 07:04 PM

Yea Sarah...so happy for you. Both L. and J. said you were one of the most powerful and committed birthing women they had ever seen. Wish I could have been there I was so jealous. I'm so happy he is here for you. Can't wait to meet him.

Homeschooling, midwifery mom to 4 beautiful blessings(8,6,4,1)

#4 of 11 Old 11-07-2009, 09:29 AM

congratulations!!!

Jen-loving Bill, mama to Teryn 18, Kalyn 16, Ricky 13, Natalie 5, Angel Zoe '07 and rainbow1284.gifAmelia Rae 22 mos bonus kids (dss) W 14, W 13 NEW grandbaby due 10/10/11

#5 of 11 Old 11-07-2009, 12:09 PM
pjs

Congrats!
#6 of 11 Old 11-07-2009, 01:18 PM

Welcome Earthside Baby Boy! What an awesome birth!

Lucia , Poly )O( Lactation Counseling mama lady.gifvbac.gifto 5 yo Goobersuperhero.gif and 3 1/2 yo MZ twins twins.gif Peanut and Sweetpea and 1yo Pumpkinbabyf.gif mmm placenta.gif
#7 of 11 Old 11-07-2009, 01:49 PM

What a beautiful story! Congratulations.

Tiffany love.gif , wife to DH geek.gif, mom of DD1 10/09 energy.gif, DD2 4/12/13 baby.gif, and two dog2.gif
#8 of 11 Old 11-07-2009, 01:53 PM

Congratulations!

Spiralshell -- Mama to David Nathaniel, born October 2009. And so you see I have come to doubt all that I once held as true. I stand alone without belief, the only truth I know is you.
#9 of 11 Old 11-07-2009, 05:27 PM

Congratulations!

Mommy to a boy (6), girls (4&2), and our baby boy (8 months)

Missing Ashlyn 10/18/06 and Brennan 10/18/10
#10 of 11 Old 11-07-2009, 09:02 PM

Congrats!

nnak

nak.gif Mommy to fencing.gifKai 2/03, hammer.gifCaden 1/08, energy.gif Kara 10/09, angel1.gif 3/21/13, &

rainbow1284.gif baby.gif  Cole 2/3/14 ♡ Happily unmarried to geek.gif Papa since 2002 ♡

~We may not have it all together  but together we have it all~ uc.jpgsaynovax.gifgoorganic.jpgintactivist.giflactivist.gif 

#11 of 11 Old 11-09-2009, 11:08 AM

Great story - great birth! Happy babymoon...

DD1 (Oct 99), DD2 (Sep 02), DD3 (Oct 09)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page