Is anyone else still trying to figure out a name? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 18 Old 11-07-2009, 07:29 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I had my daughter on Oct 22 and she's still without a name. We have a middle name that we had thought of before she was born, when we thought she was a he. Between my c-section, healing, company, 4 very busy kids, I haven't been able to stop and think about it.

Here is what we were looking at for a boy...

Eros Mayhem, I loved this name but with Eros being the god of sexual love and beauty, I'm guessing it would be pretty awkward for anyone that knows. Also, we have a girl named Aristotle that we call Aris, too similar. Other than that I thought the name was pretty awesome.

We ended up having another daughter but I think we're going to keep the middle name. That's as far as I've gotten. I have a list going but it seems that she doesn't suit any. I had been calling her Zizou in the hospital and shortening it to Z, that fit more than any but I'm not entirely sold.

Here's the list so far..

Alba
Anouk
Luca
Odessa
Poe
Sappho(I'm leaning more towards this)
Tavi
Zizou

Any suggestions?
#2 of 18 Old 11-07-2009, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andel View Post
I had my daughter on Oct 22 and she's still without a name. We have a middle name that we had thought of before she was born, when we thought she was a he. Between my c-section, healing, company, 4 very busy kids, I haven't been able to stop and think about it.

Eros Mayhem, I loved this name but with Eros being the god of sexual love and beauty, I'm guessing it would be pretty awkward for anyone that knows. Also, we have a girl named Aristotle that we call Aris, too similar. Other than that I thought the name was pretty awesome.

We ended up having another daughter but I think we're going to keep the middle name. That's as far as I've gotten. I have a list going but it seems that she doesn't suit any. I had been calling her Zizou in the hospital and shortening it to Z, that fit more than any but I'm not entirely sold.

Here's the list so far..

Alba
Anouk
Luca
Odessa
Poe
Tavi
Zizou

Any suggestions?
I like Odessa, personally.

nak.gif Mommy to fencing.gifKai 2/03, hammer.gifCaden 1/08, energy.gif Kara 10/09, angel1.gif 3/21/13, &

rainbow1284.gif baby.gif  Cole 2/3/14 ♡ Happily unmarried to geek.gif Papa since 2002 ♡

~We may not have it all together  but together we have it all~ uc.jpgsaynovax.gifgoorganic.jpgintactivist.giflactivist.gif 

#3 of 18 Old 11-07-2009, 09:16 PM

Quote:

Here's the list so far..

Alba
Anouk
Luca
Odessa
Poe
Tavi
Zizou

Any suggestions?
WOw!! I felt bad that we didn't name ds for 4 hours after he was born......
I like Odessa too. I think Luca is a boys name...

All natural Mama to Keira 6/1/07, Israel 10/10/ 09, Nairi 04/01/2011, and #4 March 2013

#4 of 18 Old 11-07-2009, 09:23 PM

I love Sappho

Spiralshell -- Mama to David Nathaniel, born October 2009. And so you see I have come to doubt all that I once held as true. I stand alone without belief, the only truth I know is you.
#5 of 18 Old 11-07-2009, 09:56 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kmama2 View Post
WOw!! I felt bad that we didn't name ds for 4 hours after he was born......
I like Odessa too. I think Luca is a boys name...
We were considering it for either boy or girl. Actually all of my girls have boys names lol. Aristotle, Micah and Elias.
#6 of 18 Old 11-08-2009, 02:46 AM

I think I'm liking Anouk the best out of all of those. How would you pronounce it?

Stephanie-33 lucky mama of 5 precious ones: DD-12, DS-9 , DS-6 , and DD-3 and Bridget Alannah  SHE'S ONE NOW! loving wife to DH-38
#7 of 18 Old 11-08-2009, 06:42 AM

where do you live? we were told that this state requires parents to registeer a name within 72 hrs. nothing like pressure!

i like luca best!

Jen-loving Bill, mama to Teryn 18, Kalyn 16, Ricky 13, Natalie 5, Angel Zoe '07 and rainbow1284.gifAmelia Rae 22 mos bonus kids (dss) W 14, W 13 NEW grandbaby due 10/10/11

#8 of 18 Old 11-08-2009, 02:53 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by boobs4milk View Post
where do you live? we were told that this state requires parents to registeer a name within 72 hrs. nothing like pressure!

i like luca best!
We're in Canada. It took me a month and a half to name my last daughter too, but she was born at home and there wasn't a lot of pressure. This baby was born in the hospital and they wanted all the forms filled out before we left. I think we just left the name blank.

Quote:
Originally Posted by firewoman View Post
I think I'm liking Anouk the best out of all of those. How would you pronounce it?
ah-NOOK
#9 of 18 Old 11-08-2009, 03:26 PM

That's what I thought! Yup that's my favorite.

Stephanie-33 lucky mama of 5 precious ones: DD-12, DS-9 , DS-6 , and DD-3 and Bridget Alannah  SHE'S ONE NOW! loving wife to DH-38
#10 of 18 Old 11-08-2009, 06:07 PM

I like Anouk.

I think it's cool when people decide the name after the baby comes. Then you can kind of go based on their looks and personality too (as much as you can tell when they're only a few weeks old).

Wife to J. Mama to DD(3yo) & DS(1yo)
#11 of 18 Old 11-08-2009, 08:04 PM

What about Eris (Chaos instead ). Others Arachne, Circe, Iris, Circe, Epona, or Hecate.

I like Sappho alot.

Lucia , Poly )O( Lactation Counseling mama lady.gifvbac.gifto 5 yo Goobersuperhero.gif and 3 1/2 yo MZ twins twins.gif Peanut and Sweetpea and 1yo Pumpkinbabyf.gif mmm placenta.gif
#12 of 18 Old 11-08-2009, 08:16 PM
Banned

DDC crashing... I like Anouk. I just meet someone named Anouk and that name just struck me as beautiful. (I am having a boy)
#13 of 18 Old 11-09-2009, 01:02 AM

Quote:
Eros Mayhem, I loved this name but with Eros being the god of sexual love and beauty, I'm guessing it would be pretty awkward for anyone that knows.
Wouldn't Sappho fall into this category as well?

I like Zizou.
#14 of 18 Old 11-09-2009, 01:16 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenak View Post
Wouldn't Sappho fall into this category as well?

I like Zizou.
I've thought about that and we've kind of run it by a few people.
#15 of 18 Old 11-09-2009, 03:27 PM

I love Alba, it was on our list for a girl. It's another name for Scotland (we're Scottish) and it's the daughter in 'The Time Traveller's Wife' - I love the book, but haven't seem the movie, not sure that I want to either.

I also like Anouk very much.
#16 of 18 Old 11-09-2009, 05:03 PM

I like Anouk or Alba best.

Mama to P. born at home 10/09, and W. born in the hospital 2/13

#17 of 18 Old 11-10-2009, 12:11 AM

DDC Crashing...

I love all of your girls names! And I love that you havent named her yet.. this is exactly how I am too, and It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy that you are the same way.

I love Luca and Zizou
#18 of 18 Old 11-12-2009, 12:37 AM

Quote:
We're in Canada. It took me a month and a half to name my last daughter too, but she was born at home and there wasn't a lot of pressure. This baby was born in the hospital and they wanted all the forms filled out before we left. I think we just left the name blank.

We're from Canada too. My mom took almost three months to name my baby sister (her 8th child.) The only rule is that you have to register the baby's name before his/her 1st birthday. We didn't name our latest for several days, and even crossed the border into the states with our unnamed baby, with absolutely no papers!

I like Luca. It's pretty.

"Well behaved women seldom make history." Laurel Ulrich   To make my mark I familybed2.gifnovaxnocirc.giffly-by-nursing2.giffemalesling.GIFhbac.gif waterbirth.jpgcd.gif adoptionheart-1.gif, among other things,  and try to live a sustainable, natural life. My brood includes DD1, DS1 2 and 3, and expecting another in Aug 2014. 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page