Af??? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 11-08-2009, 03:01 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
so, i had pp bleeding for about 6 1/2 weeks, then 3 days of nothing and got af back. i usually do get af back around 2 mos pp, so no big surprise there. what i am wondering is if this means i'm ovulating? dh and i have not dtd since the time i got pg and i just want to be aware of what's going on. i've never really worried about it before because we wanted more kids. i have low progesterone, hince the rapid return of af.

Jen-loving Bill, mama to Teryn 18, Kalyn 16, Ricky 13, Natalie 5, Angel Zoe '07 and rainbow1284.gifAmelia Rae 22 mos bonus kids (dss) W 14, W 13 NEW grandbaby due 10/10/11

#2 of 5 Old 11-08-2009, 03:25 PM

UGGGHHH! I'm not looking forward to her showing up! I would imagine that means you are ovulating unless it is just the low progesterone that makes you bleed. I got my period back at 8 weeks with my third after 6 weeks of PP bleeding. Are you sure it isn't just a little leftover PP blood? Three days just doesn't seem like long enough and if you did ovulate it would have had to have been during your PP bleeding. Whatever the cause, it is sort of a bummer.

Stephanie-33 lucky mama of 5 precious ones: DD-12, DS-9 , DS-6 , and DD-3 and Bridget Alannah  SHE'S ONE NOW! loving wife to DH-38
#3 of 5 Old 11-08-2009, 08:09 PM

It could be "the placenta's last gasp". Sometimes a woman gets a last shot of red bleeding at around 6 weeks. Very common with EBFing moms. Or it could be af. It's possible you are ovulating, you should notice a supply dip midcycle if this is the case but you may just get periods with no ovulation. Better safe then sorry though, esp if you don't plan to conceive again right away.

I always get mine back around 5-6 months... even with twins I only got 6 months period free . It must suck to get it at 2 months! So sorry sweetie!

Lucia , Poly )O( Lactation Counseling mama lady.gifvbac.gifto 5 yo Goobersuperhero.gif and 3 1/2 yo MZ twins twins.gif Peanut and Sweetpea and 1yo Pumpkinbabyf.gif mmm placenta.gif
#4 of 5 Old 11-08-2009, 08:15 PM

PP bleeding stopped at two weeks for me this time around. Tuesday I'll be five weeks PP and still no AF. I've never EBF'd any of my children except this baby, so I'm not sure if that's why or not. I have no clue when I can expect AF back, either. I was supposed to start taking my birth control pills a week after all bleeding stopped, but oops!, forgot. Oh well.

With DD1 and DD2, I started having AF around two months PP, but my PP bleeding stayed around longer too. This one has me a bit confused.

Charlize, married to DH 4/12/04. Mom to DD1 (4/2005) dust.gif, DD2 (3/2007) blowkiss.gif, and DD3 (10/2009) bouncy.gif, and DD4 (6/2011) energy.gif.

#5 of 5 Old 11-09-2009, 05:19 AM - Thread Starter

thank you ladies. i'm fairly certain that this is af. i got all of the classic symptoms: zits, cramping, bloating, increased appetite, cravings, supply dip, vaginal pressure, moodiness. we've pretty much decided to just play it safe and not dtd for now.

charlize, from what i understand, a lot of mamas have lesser bleeding and then no af when ebf. not the case for me because of the progesterone issues. also wanted to tell you to be careful with bc pills. they can wreak havoc on your supply.

Jen-loving Bill, mama to Teryn 18, Kalyn 16, Ricky 13, Natalie 5, Angel Zoe '07 and rainbow1284.gifAmelia Rae 22 mos bonus kids (dss) W 14, W 13 NEW grandbaby due 10/10/11

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page