Sleeping and going back to work early. - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 11-13-2009, 04:44 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My daughter will sleep for 4 - 5 hours when we go to sleep at 8 (she is 6 weeks). It is unbelievable!! It took my son at least a year to sleep for over 3 hours at a time!!

I better not keep my expectations high because I will be going back to work soon. We have to replace our roof and it is going to take up the savings I had put aside to stay home until 12 weeks. I feel so great physically, but this is my last baby and I think I will regret going back to work early.

I dropped off my daughter for 3 hours to bond with daycare today and so she can learn to take a bottle of breast milk. I miraculously didn't cry, but I am resigned to the fact that I have to work because my husband is working very part time right now.

Kristy
#2 of 5 Old 11-13-2009, 04:48 PM

I'm sorry that you have to go back to work earlier than you feel ready to do -- I know that I will really hate going back when my time comes, but it has to be.
Enjoy every minute with your little bundle, now and after you start work again, and be confident that you're doing what you need to do for your family.

Spiralshell -- Mama to David Nathaniel, born October 2009. And so you see I have come to doubt all that I once held as true. I stand alone without belief, the only truth I know is you.
#3 of 5 Old 11-13-2009, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KringyBingy View Post
My daughter will sleep for 4 - 5 hours when we go to sleep at 8 (she is 6 weeks). It is unbelievable!! It took my son at least a year to sleep for over 3 hours at a time!!

I better not keep my expectations high because I will be going back to work soon. We have to replace our roof and it is going to take up the savings I had put aside to stay home until 12 weeks. I feel so great physically, but this is my last baby and I think I will regret going back to work early.

I dropped off my daughter for 3 hours to bond with daycare today and so she can learn to take a bottle of breast milk. I miraculously didn't cry, but I am resigned to the fact that I have to work because my husband is working very part time right now.

Kristy
Hope it works out. That sucks that you can't finish your maternity leave. I'm already worried about going back to work and that's even with my full maternity leave. (Except for the 3 1/2 weeks that I wasted waiting for her to show up... so much for going early)
So how's the weight loss going? I'm down to 158 but not anywhere close to being able to fit into my old clothes.

nak.gif Mommy to fencing.gifKai 2/03, hammer.gifCaden 1/08, energy.gif Kara 10/09, angel1.gif 3/21/13, &

rainbow1284.gif baby.gif  Cole 2/3/14 ♡ Happily unmarried to geek.gif Papa since 2002 ♡

~We may not have it all together  but together we have it all~ uc.jpgsaynovax.gifgoorganic.jpgintactivist.giflactivist.gif 

#4 of 5 Old 11-14-2009, 11:20 AM

Reality bites sometimes! I am starting my internship in January and will putting this baby in full time childcare. I hate that I have to, but unless I figure out a way to win the lottery......it's reality. Uggghhh

Tricia, married to DH. 2MC's & 4 yrs ttc...finally mom to Andrew6/06 and Benjamin 10/09. Adopted bro & sis 2002. My 2 fav. words: Spay and Neuter! I'm an Ultimate Viewer, 2010!

#5 of 5 Old 11-14-2009, 10:36 PM

If your dh is working part time, could you arrange your hours so that he could care for the baby while you were at work? Or do you need to be super flexible?

Jen 47 DS C 2/03  angel.gif04/29/08/ DD S 10/28/09 DH Bill '97.

mighty-mama and her sister Kundalini-Mamacandle.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page