Name games... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 13 Old 11-13-2009, 07:21 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Now that dd's name is "official" I keep thinking of all the other cute things I could have named her ... is it wrong to want to have more babies just so I can name them?

Ooo, what is your nickname for your baby? Kara's nickname is Peep-eye. She (still) hates bright lights and will only peek at us, therefore the nickname.

nak.gif Mommy to fencing.gifKai 2/03, hammer.gifCaden 1/08, energy.gif Kara 10/09, angel1.gif 3/21/13, &

rainbow1284.gif baby.gif  Cole 2/3/14 ♡ Happily unmarried to geek.gif Papa since 2002 ♡

~We may not have it all together  but together we have it all~ uc.jpgsaynovax.gifgoorganic.jpgintactivist.giflactivist.gif 

#2 of 13 Old 11-13-2009, 07:31 PM

I totally know that feeling about names. I had that with DS#2 really badly but eventually got over it. He's SO a Nathaniel now. (and always has been)

Sydney's name really fits her and I love it. We totally expected to call her Syd for short and I think we still will but I've started calling her Syda. This is because DS#2 who is 3 calls her Syd-A-Ney and so I just started calling her Syda from that. I love how each child ends up with nicknames!

One by one the days are slipping up behind you ~ One by one the sweetest days of life go by :
-Woodie Guthrie
#3 of 13 Old 11-13-2009, 09:29 PM

YUP! It is a really good thing that DH had his vasectomy already because we would have just kept on going. I LOVE playing the name game and I still look at Bridget and try other names on her, but she really is a Bridget! We're sticking with it. It is kind of neat that you have the flexibility to change your mind when you stay home to birth. Her birth certificate appointment isn't until December 2nd.

Stephanie-33 lucky mama of 5 precious ones: DD-12, DS-9 , DS-6 , and DD-3 and Bridget Alannah  SHE'S ONE NOW! loving wife to DH-38
#4 of 13 Old 11-13-2009, 10:21 PM

Peep-eye!

I call Vera all sorts of things I'd never call a woman but for a tiny plump baby woman I think it's ok

things like pork head and chubby bubby

Boys: 12/94, 1/99, 11/03, 6/11. Girls: 11/06, 10/09, 12/12 2ndtri.gif

#5 of 13 Old 11-14-2009, 12:38 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawa kamuri View Post
Peep-eye!

I call Vera all sorts of things I'd never call a woman but for a tiny plump baby woman I think it's ok

things like pork head and chubby bubby
pork head? LMBO!

nak.gif Mommy to fencing.gifKai 2/03, hammer.gifCaden 1/08, energy.gif Kara 10/09, angel1.gif 3/21/13, &

rainbow1284.gif baby.gif  Cole 2/3/14 ♡ Happily unmarried to geek.gif Papa since 2002 ♡

~We may not have it all together  but together we have it all~ uc.jpgsaynovax.gifgoorganic.jpgintactivist.giflactivist.gif 

#6 of 13 Old 11-14-2009, 01:30 AM

DD3 is very much so a Brianna. We call her Bri for short. It all just fits so amazingly. Since DH and I have dark eyes and dark hair, I was expecting eher to have dark features as well. But nope. She has blue eyes like DD1, but black hair instead of blonde like DD1. DD1 turned out with blonde hair and blue eyes and was given an Irish name. DD2 has dark hair and eyes and has an Italian name. And DD3 has black hair and blue eyes and an Irish name. I've found it extremely weird that despite DH's and my physical attributes, our daughters have turned out to resemble the heritage in which their names are from.

Most of the time I refer to DD3 as Bri. However, every now and then I refer to her as "Sweet Pea." She's so incredibly sweet! She's a big snuggler and can't be held enough. My mom, however, has started calling her "Buttermilk" because of how chunky she's getting. And then when she nurses she is such a sloppy eater. The joke in "Buttermilk" is a few Christmases ago my grandmother gained quite a bit of weight suddenly from cooking so much during the holidays and blamed it on drinking buttermilk.

Charlize, married to DH 4/12/04. Mom to DD1 (4/2005) dust.gif, DD2 (3/2007) blowkiss.gif, and DD3 (10/2009) bouncy.gif, and DD4 (6/2011) energy.gif.

#7 of 13 Old 11-14-2009, 04:12 PM

I had that big time With the Twins. I really wanted Fiona to be Rowan, but DP Said Rowin' was for boats. I got to the end of the pregnancy and neither name really fit the idea I had for what they looked like and I wanted to think of new names. The guys were totally adament against changing them and they weren't even Born yet! Ai!

I like Malcolm's name and it fits him. As for nicknames, we call him Mal, pumpkin, and Capt. Tiny Pants. I keep slipping and calling him Goober but he's not goober, that's DS1's nickname :P.

Lucia , Poly )O( Lactation Counseling mama lady.gifvbac.gifto 5 yo Goobersuperhero.gif and 3 1/2 yo MZ twins twins.gif Peanut and Sweetpea and 1yo Pumpkinbabyf.gif mmm placenta.gif
#8 of 13 Old 11-14-2009, 05:12 PM

Yes! But my fantasy only works if I had 4 more girls, because we have a hard time with boys names.

We call Amelia sweet pea, and Miss Serious because she always has the most serious look on her face.

Stephanie, Mama to five beautiful kids, wife to J

#9 of 13 Old 11-15-2009, 01:52 PM

i hear ya steph! we are so into girl names and it was so difficult to just choose 1!!

i was having a bit of baby name regret until yesterday. i was about to give millie a bath and i looked at her and just KNEW she was an amelia.

we call her millie after my g'ma, mildred. i just couldn't bring myself to name her mildred, but everyone calls my g'ma millie so i think it's good enough

Jen-loving Bill, mama to Teryn 18, Kalyn 16, Ricky 13, Natalie 5, Angel Zoe '07 and rainbow1284.gifAmelia Rae 22 mos bonus kids (dss) W 14, W 13 NEW grandbaby due 10/10/11

#10 of 13 Old 11-15-2009, 05:42 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by boobs4milk View Post
i hear ya steph! we are so into girl names and it was so difficult to just choose 1!!

i was having a bit of baby name regret until yesterday. i was about to give millie a bath and i looked at her and just KNEW she was an amelia.

we call her millie after my g'ma, mildred. i just couldn't bring myself to name her mildred, but everyone calls my g'ma millie so i think it's good enough
That's sweet

Baby girl doesn't really look like her name yet. I'm pretty sure she'll grow into it though. It's a very girly name and she looks pretty gender neutral at this point. Good thing I have all those pink clothes. I'm still a little sad we won't get our Cole Dexter ... but I'm getting over it. I noticed there were two other Coles born in this DDC. Wow. Didn't realize it was that popular a name.

#11 of 13 Old 11-16-2009, 12:05 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I call him Babykins. I'm not sure if I should feel bad or not but we also called DD Babykins until she got bigger.

Erin, mom to DD (1/06) and DS (10/09)
#12 of 13 Old 11-16-2009, 11:56 AM

Oliver we call Pumpkin, Little O or Jack ( my 4 year old decided it was his name when he was born and it kind of stuck). Jack has stuck so much I want to change it to his middle name but his current middle name (Mark) was after my husbands best friend so can't do that at this point. Yes it was so nice to name a child after you but we changed our mind sorry..
I'm feeling a bit bad for DS1, child #2, at this point though. He is the only one in the family who doesn't have a nickname. Nicknames are huge in our family. Neither dh or myself even goes by our given names and each of my 3 other children have multiple nick names. Harrison has begun to notice that he doesn't have a nick name and it is sad. I hate Harry so that is no good and I had intentions of calling him Sonny but that just doesn't fit or seem to stick. He went by SAY SAY for a while when that was how his little brother said his name but it didn't stick. The nick names just never seem to stick.

Any ideas for a nick name for Harrison? I know it is odd to try to come up with one when the thing about nicknames is they just evolve but it is truly sad.

Homeschooling, midwifery mom to 4 beautiful blessings(8,6,4,1)

#13 of 13 Old 11-16-2009, 12:21 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by completebeginnings View Post
Oliver we call Pumpkin, Little O or Jack ( my 4 year old decided it was his name when he was born and it kind of stuck). Jack has stuck so much I want to change it to his middle name but his current middle name (Mark) was after my husbands best friend so can't do that at this point. Yes it was so nice to name a child after you but we changed our mind sorry..
I'm feeling a bit bad for DS1, child #2, at this point though. He is the only one in the family who doesn't have a nickname. Nicknames are huge in our family. Neither dh or myself even goes by our given names and each of my 3 other children have multiple nick names. Harrison has begun to notice that he doesn't have a nick name and it is sad. I hate Harry so that is no good and I had intentions of calling him Sonny but that just doesn't fit or seem to stick. He went by SAY SAY for a while when that was how his little brother said his name but it didn't stick. The nick names just never seem to stick.

Any ideas for a nick name for Harrison? I know it is odd to try to come up with one when the thing about nicknames is they just evolve but it is truly sad.

Let him pick his own nickname

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page