anyone else's sleep reversed? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-15-2009, 12:27 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
i have become nocturnal! now i don't fall asleep until 6-8am, sleep until mid-afternoon and then up all night. i think it's making me really grouchy, plus my DH is up similar hours (always has been a night owl) so its bed news when LO is awake in the morning or early afternoon.

has this happened to anyone else? should i be concerned? how do i correct it?

rebecca: mama to Jack Oct09 born at home! - BF, Co-sleeping, cloth diapering, child-led solids; writer, book designer and teen mentor; dh 10+yrs (who gets to work at home!) and two cats.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-15-2009, 02:38 PM

i'm right here with you rebecca. only trouble is i have a toddler who gets up when her daddy leaves for work at 6 am. i've tried keeping millie awake during the day but all that does is make the nights that much more exhausting because then she cries all night. at least she's not too fussy; she's just awake! i had to tell natalie that i was done playing ponies last night at about 8 pm when millie was napping so that i could get some sleep.

not to scare you...but natalie was like this for the first 9 months. i'm hoping this time is shorter for us, but i'm not gonna hold my breath.

Jen-loving Bill, mama to Teryn 18, Kalyn 16, Ricky 13, Natalie 5, Angel Zoe '07 and rainbow1284.gifAmelia Rae 22 mos bonus kids (dss) W 14, W 13 NEW grandbaby due 10/10/11

Old 11-16-2009, 01:58 AM - Thread Starter

Jen - that's what i figured. i just get worried because i'm prone to depression at this time of year (S.A.D.) because i don't get enough light, so i'm trying to keep my mental health as positive as i can. being up all night and not seeing the light of day is going to start me into a spiral that could end in PPD.

i'm going to try to not stay in bed past noon, but let myself nap in the afternoon if i need it. i can't imagine having other kids during this newborn stage - my heart goes out to you!

rebecca: mama to Jack Oct09 born at home! - BF, Co-sleeping, cloth diapering, child-led solids; writer, book designer and teen mentor; dh 10+yrs (who gets to work at home!) and two cats.
Old 11-16-2009, 12:37 PM

awww s rebecca! i hope you get some rest and some light! this is a tough time to have a newborn. i remember with natalie, i was having such cabin fever that dh would sense my anxiety and insist that i leave her with him and go outside and walk around. at least this baby will take a bottle and i can leave her!!! see if you can't get some help and maybe take a daily walk!

Jen-loving Bill, mama to Teryn 18, Kalyn 16, Ricky 13, Natalie 5, Angel Zoe '07 and rainbow1284.gifAmelia Rae 22 mos bonus kids (dss) W 14, W 13 NEW grandbaby due 10/10/11

User Tag List