Emotional, anyone? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 11-15-2009, 06:02 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm 3 1/2 weeks postpartum and still cry at nothing ... when are these hormones going to settle down? How's everyone else doing?

nak.gif Mommy to fencing.gifKai 2/03, hammer.gifCaden 1/08, energy.gif Kara 10/09, angel1.gif 3/21/13, &

rainbow1284.gif baby.gif  Cole 2/3/14 ♡ Happily unmarried to geek.gif Papa since 2002 ♡

~We may not have it all together  but together we have it all~ uc.jpgsaynovax.gifgoorganic.jpgintactivist.giflactivist.gif 

#2 of 6 Old 11-15-2009, 06:56 PM

I'm close to 6 weeks PP and I'm better, but I was weepy still at three weeks. I think it is pretty normal to be weepy still at 3.5 weeks. Does it feel as though you are weepier than a week postpartum? How are you sleeping? There are some PPD self tests out there to help you decide if the problem is beyond baby blues. Here is one.

http://pediatrics.about.com/library/...z_ppd_scng.htm

Stephanie-33 lucky mama of 5 precious ones: DD-12, DS-9 , DS-6 , and DD-3 and Bridget Alannah  SHE'S ONE NOW! loving wife to DH-38
#3 of 6 Old 11-15-2009, 07:24 PM

I think I have PPD, can you have it this early? Not sure because I am having a better day today. Past few days have been nothing but crying and losing it.

I bought some Inositol. I haven't used it yet because Im not sure if it is OK with nursing. Its my emergency for if I am feeling hopeless again.

The weather is gloomy, I am dreading a long winter being stuck in the house with my 2yo who is already stir crazy.

Mama to & +:::
#4 of 6 Old 11-15-2009, 09:19 PM

Yep, I am still emotional here. I can get weepy if I start talking about dd#2's allergies or if dd#1 sings to dd#3. Also, I can get a little funny feeling around dinner time, which has always been the worst time of day for me. I also had a slight anxiety attack on Tue night (my mom left on Tue so I think that had something to do with it). I also just feel funny sometimes. I definitely don't think I have PPD, I know that everything that is going on is just my hormones readjusting and I am certainly not as weepy as I was 1 week PP. I can tell that I am getting better, I am much more relaxed and am making sure to shower early in the day and get outside almost everyday.

Beth

Beth wife to Tom and mommy to Therese 11/4/04 Anna Mary 6/15/07 and Veronica 10/20/09
#5 of 6 Old 11-15-2009, 11:46 PM

I'm a little weepy. More of the happy emotional weepy stuff though and if the kids freak too much I get panic attacks. I have had severe PPD in the past but I think i'm just having normal postpartum emotionalness at this point. I think it's pretty normal to still have the weepies for the first month, but if it gets worse then it's time to talk to someone. With my DS I just got really mean to my partners, i've been getting that way again this time, but I've been pretty good about being nice when I have an issue with something they've done (or not done).

Lucia , Poly )O( Lactation Counseling mama lady.gifvbac.gifto 5 yo Goobersuperhero.gif and 3 1/2 yo MZ twins twins.gif Peanut and Sweetpea and 1yo Pumpkinbabyf.gif mmm placenta.gif
#6 of 6 Old 11-16-2009, 01:02 AM

it doesn't help that you're overtired and you're not getting a full night's sleep in one sitting. i know that's a big thing with me - not a full cycle of sleep plus not getting enough daylight. i worry about PPD too.

rebecca: mama to Jack Oct09 born at home! - BF, Co-sleeping, cloth diapering, child-led solids; writer, book designer and teen mentor; dh 10+yrs (who gets to work at home!) and two cats.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page