nothing fits! a clothing/shoe rant... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 11-19-2009, 12:43 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Nothing fits. The very few things that do fit are very season specific (i.e. stretchy sundresses) or basically pyjamas (stretchy yoga pants, etc.)
I am really tired of wearing these three pairs of big baggy yoga pants which have been my wardrobe since August, but nothing else fits!
Also, none of my shoes fit other than a pair of flip flops and a pair of sandals. Not exactly appropriate for November in NY!
I would go out to buy clothes except that I really can't leave Nate yet -- he eats sometimes every hour, and I haven't been able to get ahead of his feedings enough to pump and save anything to leave with DP or my mom. If I take him with me (which I'd really rather not do with a three-week-old) then I have to lug his car seat thing through the store, and it's really heavy for me to manage still recovering from the c-section. I'd wear him, but then what do I do with him when I need to try something on? I'd buy some clothes online, but I honestly don't even know what size I would need anymore... my body has shifted all around.
I wouldn't worry about wearing pyjamas everyday, except that thanksgiving is coming and we have to be at DP's sister's house and looking presentable.

UGH!!!!

Spiralshell -- Mama to David Nathaniel, born October 2009. And so you see I have come to doubt all that I once held as true. I stand alone without belief, the only truth I know is you.
#2 of 6 Old 11-19-2009, 12:53 PM

i feel your pain. i'm wearing my wedding ring on my PINKY finger and my engagement ring won't even fit there.
good thing i'm just slobbily never leaving the house so if i wear the same yoga pants 4 days in a row nobody cares.
is there a somebody you can get to go shopping with you? they can wear the munchkin while you try on stuff.
or, there are things i've bought online, simple dresses that are empire-waist kinds of things that work pretty well no matter what. lycra/cotton combo things with a little bit of stretch.. don't know what to say about the shoes, I still am afraid to try mine on. it will break my heart if i can't wear any of mine cause i sure am not going to be able to replace them.

Is it getting lonely in the echo chamber yet?

#3 of 6 Old 11-19-2009, 02:07 PM

Why don't you just take your mom or your DP with you? They watch the baby-you try on some clothes if your son gets hungry feed him. That's what I did with DD, this time my normal clothes already fit, everything was shifted already LOL, and my clothes post DD fit.

Me Wife to T (14 years)Mama to Princess(4) and Monster Boy(my 1 year old ):
#4 of 6 Old 11-20-2009, 11:16 AM

Shopping for clothes has been a real PITA this time for me too.

nak.gif Mommy to fencing.gifKai 2/03, hammer.gifCaden 1/08, energy.gif Kara 10/09, angel1.gif 3/21/13, &

rainbow1284.gif baby.gif  Cole 2/3/14 ♡ Happily unmarried to geek.gif Papa since 2002 ♡

~We may not have it all together  but together we have it all~ uc.jpgsaynovax.gifgoorganic.jpgintactivist.giflactivist.gif 

#5 of 6 Old 11-20-2009, 03:10 PM

I second the person that suggested shopping with someone with you. I did that while my mom was around- I wore the baby in my mei tai and got like 30 things to try on. Then she stood in the dressing room with baby while I tried them on.

You are in a hard spot now- too soon to wear pre-pregnancy clothes but probably don't want a new wardrobe. You do need to get some things that fit NOW though, it will make you feel a lot better. Another idea- go shopping and wear DS, but take the stroller. Then go into a big dressing room and he can lay in the stroller while you try stuff on. It might be a hard trip, but I think you'll feel so much better if you have a few things to wear. **HUGS**

Erika

Wife to my Denali-climbing DH
Mom to DD born Jan. 08 and DS born Oct. 09, and "baby sister" due Oct 2013!
House mom to ten boys, ages 8-11 at a group home! Yes, I must be nuts!
#6 of 6 Old 11-20-2009, 05:21 PM

No great ideas here, just commiseration. I've been wearing the same three pairs of yoga pants basically for the past five weeks. So sick of it, but don't want to go shopping... I feel your pain.

Becca, mommy to my little pumpkin DS (10/09)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page