Ugh. Still bleeding! Anyone else? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 11 Old 11-22-2009, 03:55 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm 5.5 weeks out and it seems like it's never going to end!!

I had a break for a day or two last week and then it geared right up again. Nothing crazy heavy, just enough to make me have to wear a pad instead of a liner. SO annoying! I'm not even really active. I have a mild bladder prolapse so I'm keeping it nice and lazy still.

I swear I was 100% done about 3 weeks pp with DS.

I hate pads! BOO!
#2 of 11 Old 11-22-2009, 06:40 AM

9 1/2 wks later and i'm right here with you. i thought i got af because i had a few days of nothing then more bright bleeding with some cramping. that was 2 weeks ago!

Jen-loving Bill, mama to Teryn 18, Kalyn 16, Ricky 13, Natalie 5, Angel Zoe '07 and rainbow1284.gifAmelia Rae 22 mos bonus kids (dss) W 14, W 13 NEW grandbaby due 10/10/11

#3 of 11 Old 11-22-2009, 08:36 AM

4 weeks PP here and I have the same thing. It reallly slowed down to almost nothing then yesterday I had a big gush of red again - and I haven't been doing anything more strenuous than usual.

rebecca: mama to Jack Oct09 born at home! - BF, Co-sleeping, cloth diapering, child-led solids; writer, book designer and teen mentor; dh 10+yrs (who gets to work at home!) and two cats.
#4 of 11 Old 11-22-2009, 12:08 PM

I'm still spotting 4 weeks pp.

nak.gif Mommy to fencing.gifKai 2/03, hammer.gifCaden 1/08, energy.gif Kara 10/09, angel1.gif 3/21/13, &

rainbow1284.gif baby.gif  Cole 2/3/14 ♡ Happily unmarried to geek.gif Papa since 2002 ♡

~We may not have it all together  but together we have it all~ uc.jpgsaynovax.gifgoorganic.jpgintactivist.giflactivist.gif 

#5 of 11 Old 11-22-2009, 12:27 PM

I'm still spotting 4 weeks postpartum, c-section.
And worse... TMI warning... I'm still getting a lot of hemorrhoids bleeding. Ugh.
Every trip to the bathroom is a potential surprise! what fun...

Spiralshell -- Mama to David Nathaniel, born October 2009. And so you see I have come to doubt all that I once held as true. I stand alone without belief, the only truth I know is you.
#6 of 11 Old 11-22-2009, 02:06 PM

I am coming up on 5 weeks pp and have finally been comfortable enough the last couple of days to stop wearing a pad. I have had a couple of times since 2 weeks pp when I thought I was all done. I would have nothing for a couple of days and then I would start spotting again.

With my second I bled more and longer. My pp bleeding had stopped by 6 weeks but then I had another short bleed at about 8 weeks. I was told that this was the 6 week bleed and it is not uncommon in ebfing moms. It was definitely not a ppaf, I didn't have my menses return until 15 month pp.

Beth wife to Tom and mommy to Therese 11/4/04 Anna Mary 6/15/07 and Veronica 10/20/09
#7 of 11 Old 11-22-2009, 02:19 PM

With my first I bled for three months and had to use estrogen, my second was only for a couple days! and now I am on and off at three + weeks.
#8 of 11 Old 11-22-2009, 02:44 PM

I just stopped. I'm at 6 weeks now. I thought it was going to last forever. I'm still wearing a liner because I don't quite trust it yet!

Proud mom of Dylan born 10/10/09
#9 of 11 Old 11-22-2009, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeredithK View Post
I just stopped. I'm at 6 weeks now. I thought it was going to last forever. I'm still wearing a liner because I don't quite trust it yet!
This exactly. With Dd it took seven weeks. I think because we lived up two flights of stairs with no elevator.

Wife to J. Mama to DD(3yo) & DS(1yo)
#10 of 11 Old 11-22-2009, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiralshell View Post
I'm still spotting 4 weeks postpartum, c-section.
And worse... TMI warning... I'm still getting a lot of hemorrhoids bleeding. Ugh.
Every trip to the bathroom is a potential surprise! what fun...
I ran out of stool softener and kept taking my iron-containing vitamins .. very bad idea. I think pushing the baby out hurt less than having a bm does! Ironically, wasn't even having a problem until I let myself get stopped up.

So can definitely commiserate.

nak.gif Mommy to fencing.gifKai 2/03, hammer.gifCaden 1/08, energy.gif Kara 10/09, angel1.gif 3/21/13, &

rainbow1284.gif baby.gif  Cole 2/3/14 ♡ Happily unmarried to geek.gif Papa since 2002 ♡

~We may not have it all together  but together we have it all~ uc.jpgsaynovax.gifgoorganic.jpgintactivist.giflactivist.gif 

#11 of 11 Old 11-22-2009, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boobs4milk View Post
9 1/2 wks later and i'm right here with you. i thought i got af because i had a few days of nothing then more bright bleeding with some cramping. that was 2 weeks ago!
This is me, only 7.5 weeks. I only bled with DD for about 10 days, and then the 6 week bleed. Oh then I got AF back at 9 weeks, I wouldn't be surprised if the other days bleeding was AF. I could EBF non-stop but there is no LAM for me it is way lame.....every other woman I know gets 6 months-I'm lucky if I get 6 weeks.

Me Wife to T (14 years)Mama to Princess(4) and Monster Boy(my 1 year old ):

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page