My house exploded!! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 12-10-2009, 11:08 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Not really...but it's a disaster. I was giving myself a break, being on bedrest, baby having surgery with NICU stay, etc. But James is 3 months old now and it's not getting any better. Seriously, it does get better right?!?!?

James sleeps fair at night, only waking to eat most nights and right back to sleep. He sleeps with me. DH sleeps with DS1 most nights.

James does not sleep without someone next to him or in the swing. And the swing is only for the first morning nap - the rest of the day it's a no go. And slings/wraps aren't working too well for him. He likes to be held very high and pushes his tummy out from you (leans his chest in and sticks his butt out so his tummy doesn't really touch). He hates tummy time - freaks out in fact. Pedi and surgeon are thinking that his incision sites probably still bother him some and he doesn't like pressure on his belly and not to worry. And other than direct pressure it seems fine.

Therefore, not much is getting done around here. I struggle to keep up with a regular day (laundry, dishes, meals, etc). The computer desk is piled high with papers to be gone through and sorted/filed, Christmas is coming and decorations need to get out and I need to shop (!), the bedrooms look like a laundry bomb went off with summer stuff still needing to get put away,etc.

Agh, just venting!! I know it will get better and I am really trying to enjoy this phase of little baby. When I get time to do stuff (usually only his morning nap) DS1 and I have been making some Christmas decorations or baking which he loves. But nothing else is being accomplished. Oh and did I mention that DS2 does not like daddy? Really my hubby takes him for me to get stuff done in the evening and within a few minutes he is in full freak out. Not sure what that is about, but I want a drink =)

I'm not the only one with an exploding home am I?!?!?

JoAnn Married almost 12 years to DH Chris.  DS1 01/05 DS2 09/09 DS3 05/12.

#2 of 8 Old 12-10-2009, 11:24 AM

I'm looking at my desk with papers all over it and no you are not alone. I was doing really good with keeping up with the housework and in the last week or so it looks like crap. I think you should pick one small goal a day and try and get it done. I know that doesn't REALLY help because on top of that one thing you get done, three more things will crop up, but at least it is something. You have gone through a lot and I think you will be glad you eased slowly back into regular life. Someone wise once told me, when you die do you want to be remembered for how clean your house is or how much life you lived. I like that. I also like a clean house but it isn't the end all for me.

Stephanie-33 lucky mama of 5 precious ones: DD-12, DS-9 , DS-6 , and DD-3 and Bridget Alannah  SHE'S ONE NOW! loving wife to DH-38
#3 of 8 Old 12-10-2009, 12:32 PM

you should see my house. and most of the people here are big enough to do chores...they just don't. my son said 'why should we do it? you're home all day what do you do???' and my 14 yr old dd said 'why clean, it will just get trashed again.'

yea, so couple all that i've gone through (very similar to joann) and add a surgery for me last week and my house looks like the cat in the hat house after the cat comes to play.

hugs joann. you are SO not alone (again!)

Jen-loving Bill, mama to Teryn 18, Kalyn 16, Ricky 13, Natalie 5, Angel Zoe '07 and rainbow1284.gifAmelia Rae 22 mos bonus kids (dss) W 14, W 13 NEW grandbaby due 10/10/11

#4 of 8 Old 12-10-2009, 01:16 PM - Thread Starter

Hugs Jen We will get through this as well!! I keep trying to question myself "will it matter a year from now?" And it won't. Snuggling my sometimes cranky babe and decorating gingerbread men with Colin are what matter.

Sigh. I just wish I could do it all!

JoAnn Married almost 12 years to DH Chris.  DS1 01/05 DS2 09/09 DS3 05/12.

#5 of 8 Old 12-10-2009, 03:26 PM

Where did all these toys and baby clothes and little odds and ends COME from? I spent nine months nesting like crazy, and everything was neat and tidy when Natalie came. What the heck is going on? I swear the paperwork is reproducing during the night. And it just occurred to me that my DH's parents are going to have a hundred Christmas gifts (and I am BARELY exaggerating) for both kids that are going to be added to the chaos and clutter in a couple weeks and I will go CRAZY if I don't have it under control by then.

Mommy to a boy (6), girls (4&2), and our baby boy (8 months)

Missing Ashlyn 10/18/06 and Brennan 10/18/10
#6 of 8 Old 12-10-2009, 06:07 PM

I should take a picture of my house...it might make you feel better
I don't even have the excuse of another child. On top of everything, we've been getting baby gifts in the mail and now that is piling up, too.

DS doesn't really enjoy spending too much time with DH, either, so I never get a moment of singledom from the baby. It is really hard. Right now, the only way that I am typing is because I got DS in the wrap and he is digging it right now. Usually I can only get on the computer for 2 seconds before he starts to cry.

Hang in there!

Proud mom of Dylan born 10/10/09
#7 of 8 Old 12-10-2009, 07:08 PM

Ugh, my house is a mess too. I would elaborate, but baby's starting to cry now, sooo... (and this is why I can't finish any cleaning I start!!)

Becca, mommy to my little pumpkin DS (10/09)
#8 of 8 Old 12-11-2009, 01:07 AM

Ask for help. You can't do it all yourself, or even much of it yet.

Jen 47 DS C 2/03  angel.gif04/29/08/ DD S 10/28/09 DH Bill '97.

mighty-mama and her sister Kundalini-Mamacandle.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page