crazy confession - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 14 Old 12-20-2009, 09:00 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My birthday is next week, and I'll be 43.

We thought our family would be complete when Mr. Wonderful was born. And realistically, I think it really is and should be. But I've been daydreaming about one more. Normally, I wouldn't even consider ttc until my db was 15 months or so, but if I really am to do this I'd have to start hoping for a much earlier return of fertility than I have experienced in years past. Which is, of course, unlikely especially at my age.

This is, I'm sure, just a passing fancy brought on by my birthday. Right?

Happy mom to DS2000, DS2002, DD2004, DS2006 and DS 10/2009:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 14 Old 12-20-2009, 09:51 PM

I don't know. I'm 32 and already have 5 and even though DH had a vasectomy in October I find myself daydreaming about another as though it is even possible. Right now if I magically became pregnant, I wouldn't be sad. This is why is was important that DH had his vasectomy promptly after Bridget was born.

Stephanie-33 lucky mama of 5 precious ones: DD-12, DS-9 , DS-6 , and DD-3 and Bridget Alannah  SHE'S ONE NOW! loving wife to DH-38
#3 of 14 Old 12-21-2009, 12:45 AM

my birthday is wednesday and i'll be 36 and if i could, i'd have 10 more! have a great bday suzie!!!

Jen-loving Bill, mama to Teryn 18, Kalyn 16, Ricky 13, Natalie 5, Angel Zoe '07 and rainbow1284.gifAmelia Rae 22 mos bonus kids (dss) W 14, W 13 NEW grandbaby due 10/10/11

#4 of 14 Old 12-21-2009, 02:01 AM

You're not crazy. I'm already dreaming about another one and the dust is just starting to settle around here. I think I need to be realistic though. We just don't have space or time for another baby. Maybe in a few years. And maybe in a few years I'll be glad to just chill and help my little ones grow and be ready to let the dream go. After all, this phase in our lives can't last forever. Kinda wish it could though!

nak.gif Mommy to fencing.gifKai 2/03, hammer.gifCaden 1/08, energy.gif Kara 10/09, angel1.gif 3/21/13, &

rainbow1284.gif baby.gif  Cole 2/3/14 ♡ Happily unmarried to geek.gif Papa since 2002 ♡

~We may not have it all together  but together we have it all~ uc.jpgsaynovax.gifgoorganic.jpgintactivist.giflactivist.gif 

#5 of 14 Old 12-21-2009, 03:02 PM

i don't know...
my youngest aunt and uncle are only 14 months apart and my grandmother was in her mid 40s when she had them...was in her mid 30s with her first and had 8.

unlike her, i am 38 with 2 and done

mama to callum (april 8,07) and everett (sept 24,09) - blessed to be married to my life's love since '98. novaxnocirc.gif

#6 of 14 Old 12-21-2009, 07:55 PM

I think there's something about having a newborn that makes you susceptible to wanting more. I think it's hormonal. I also find myself thinking that I am supposed to want to get pg, or be trying, now that my cycle is sputtering back to normal. maybe b/c it took me so long to have it happen for this baby, it's habit to be trying.
But, I want to cherish Roslyn alone for a long time. I could NOT handle pregnancy (ms, etc.) with an infant, or having a newborn with a 1 year old. and I don't think it'd be fair to either of them.
and then to try to sleep while BF'ing 2 babies? forget it!!!
but I certainly understand and feel the temptation...
#7 of 14 Old 12-21-2009, 09:45 PM
kjs

My midwife who is in her fifties said that she still has the urge, and it never goes away...you just have to be realistic about how many kids you can handle. Personally, i could handle ten more newborns.....but maybe not ten more three year olds...and then there is childcare, summer camp that they want to go to, never being able to go on a plane EVER AGAIN, and the big C word (college) , and I realize that if I had any more babies it would really strain our family, as well as our wallet.....I WORK AT A CO-OP!!! ONLY SO MUCH INCOME I WILL GET!! SO I look at my lil babe and say "this is the last one" ....SO sad. I suppose it is not written in stone 'til DH gets snipped. There is something so special about little new babies that just make sme want to have many, many more. 3 is enough for us though.
#8 of 14 Old 12-23-2009, 02:05 AM

I'm 44 as of yesterday and am also hoping for another already even though dd is fussy. yeah I'd say it never goes away.

Jen 47 DS C 2/03  angel.gif04/29/08/ DD S 10/28/09 DH Bill '97.

mighty-mama and her sister Kundalini-Mamacandle.gif

#9 of 14 Old 12-23-2009, 02:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pookietooth View Post
I'm 44 as of yesterday and am also hoping for another already even though dd is fussy. yeah I'd say it never goes away.
Good to know!

nak.gif Mommy to fencing.gifKai 2/03, hammer.gifCaden 1/08, energy.gif Kara 10/09, angel1.gif 3/21/13, &

rainbow1284.gif baby.gif  Cole 2/3/14 ♡ Happily unmarried to geek.gif Papa since 2002 ♡

~We may not have it all together  but together we have it all~ uc.jpgsaynovax.gifgoorganic.jpgintactivist.giflactivist.gif 

#10 of 14 Old 12-29-2009, 03:17 PM

Wanted to add that ds's preschool teacher, who was near 50, still dreamed of another and her oldest was in college (and youngest was in high school).

Jen 47 DS C 2/03  angel.gif04/29/08/ DD S 10/28/09 DH Bill '97.

mighty-mama and her sister Kundalini-Mamacandle.gif

#11 of 14 Old 12-31-2009, 11:20 PM

I'm totally with you ladies. I want another one, but my DH got snipped a couple of weeks ago, so it isn't going to be happening for me. There's part of me that fantasizes that maybe I could have gotten in the time before the vasectomey, but I know it's terribly unlikely. However, I am still holding out hope that we will adopt some day, so maybe no more babies, but still another child in another way. Really, I'll be just as happy if that's what happens, but it's so weird to think that I can't get knocked up ever again.

Brin, wife to my best friend , mother of three . and now homeschooling!!!
#12 of 14 Old 01-01-2010, 09:56 PM

I think it's pretty common. We're definitely done now, (Sydney is #3) and I'm really excited about this being the end of our baby days because it's been so wonderful to have little children. I have no regrets about only having three and DH is totally on board too. That said, I've recently found out three of my friends are PG and there is a part of me that day dreams about that a little bit. I don't ever want to be PG again, but it's hard not to think of it when a lot of folks around you are PG.

One by one the days are slipping up behind you ~ One by one the sweetest days of life go by :
-Woodie Guthrie
#13 of 14 Old 01-02-2010, 02:02 AM

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by boobs4milk View Post
my birthday is wednesday and i'll be 36 and if i could, i'd have 10 more! have a great bday suzie!!!
My birthday is the 16th & I'll also be 36!

Suziek, what day exactly is your bday?

I too have 5 now, & regularly fantasize about baby #6. I think 6 is such a lovely number of kids. But I'll probably say that about the number 7 after we have #6...... But, I NEVER ever want to tandem nurse EVER ever again! So, I won't be getting pregnant until at least halfway through 2011.

So suziek, I'm sorry but I'm not much help at reassuring you that this is just a passing fancy. I love having babies. You should have another! Forty three is NOT too old!

North Idaho rural living  mama to: 23 yo DD, 16 yo DS, 8 yo DS, 6 yo DS, 4 yr old DS, 2 yo DD, and 1 yo DS. And someone new coming this Christmas!
#14 of 14 Old 01-02-2010, 08:03 PM

we want to adopt too, maybe in 5 years or so. this is our first baby, and I'm 39. I really wanted my own baby, but we want to help a baby/child that already exists without a family as well. so, I greatly doubt we'll have another of our own, but probably we'll have another child join our family.
I can't imagine being pregnant or having a newborn with a toddler. or rather I can imagine it and it would be miserable for everyone!
We'll wait and see if Roslyn is an only child type, or if she wants/needs a sibling...

Quote:
Originally Posted by brinalicious View Post
I'm totally with you ladies. I want another one, but my DH got snipped a couple of weeks ago, so it isn't going to be happening for me. There's part of me that fantasizes that maybe I could have gotten in the time before the vasectomey, but I know it's terribly unlikely. However, I am still holding out hope that we will adopt some day, so maybe no more babies, but still another child in another way. Really, I'll be just as happy if that's what happens, but it's so weird to think that I can't get knocked up ever again.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page