Mothering Forums

Mothering Forums (http://www.mothering.com/forum/)
-   October 2009 (http://www.mothering.com/forum/517-october-2009/)
-   -   Fat jeans ... (http://www.mothering.com/forum/517-october-2009/1175717-fat-jeans.html)

Serenyd 12-23-2009 03:16 AM

Hey, I just realized today that I can get my fat jeans up and buttoned and zipped! Woo hoo for progress! How's everyone else doing?

Pookietooth 12-23-2009 04:54 AM

I can sort of fit into my jeans, but I have a bit more of an overhang (muffin top?)

boobs4milk 12-23-2009 12:49 PM

ha. i gained 20+ after i gave birth. i won't lose it till she weans

Serenyd 12-23-2009 01:55 PM

Sorry Jen

Pookie - a bit of muffin top here too but considering just a few short weeks ago could not even get them zipped/buttoned I am still psyched!

Contrariety 12-23-2009 02:52 PM

I can wear mine, but I won't. I've been wearing maternity jeans which I hate, BUT I have a rectocele and a slight cyctocele which are aggravated by any restricting clothing, which jeans that barely fit most definitely are! I'm bummed, too because after a few pregnancies, my mat jeans are DONE DONE DONE so I really need some clothes but don't want to buy ginormous regular jeans. I'm thinking of getting some of these with a stretch waist. I hate looking like a frumpy piece of poo, but I *will not* risk my cyctocele or rectocele getting worse or taking longer to heal, so i'm rockin stretchy clothes probably until spring at the soonest, I bet. Bummer.

It especially sucks that I'm 10lbs lighter now than when I got pg with my first but even my fattest jeans from those days are tight and uncomfortable. Gotta love pregnancy.

kawa kamuri 12-23-2009 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pookietooth View Post
I can sort of fit into my jeans, but I have a bit more of an overhang (muffin top?)
me too

MsVyky 12-23-2009 05:19 PM

/hangs head

still in mat pants over here. My size 3 days are long over. I cant even get them over my hips, let alone button up.

nak

Pookietooth 12-23-2009 06:14 PM

Wow, size 3! I was happy to be in a size 12 -- I used to be in a 16 or 18 before ds, lost all my pg weight right away and then another 30 pounds by the time he was six months; this time I'm thinking I may not lose more, since I'd only regained about 10 pounds of those 30 before I got pg with dd. I have never been smaller than a 9/10 and that was when I was on a strict diet and jogging every day (and was only 18).

MsVyky 12-23-2009 07:21 PM

Nothing wrong with that. You can't change your body type!

joyakshi 12-23-2009 08:13 PM

I tell ya what - 10 weeks of BF'ing and bouncing on the yoga ball 5 hours a day and I fit into my pre-pg clothes by 6 weeks PP. better than when I was TTC...

eloise24 12-23-2009 11:31 PM

I just fit into another pair of jeans yesterday, waaahooo! I have "overhang" too but considering the jeans are size 4, I'm NOT complaining! I've been doing the "couch to 5k" program with another friend who had a baby 4 days before me- it's SO nice for our sanity (well almost ESSENTIAL), and of course the physical benefits are nice. Of course if I could stop eating junk treats all day that would be even better

Erika

Contrariety 12-24-2009 06:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eloise24 View Post
I just fit into another pair of jeans yesterday, waaahooo! I have "overhang" too but considering the jeans are size 4, I'm NOT complaining! I've been doing the "couch to 5k" program with another friend who had a baby 4 days before me- it's SO nice for our sanity (well almost ESSENTIAL), and of course the physical benefits are nice. Of course if I could stop eating junk treats all day that would be even better

Erika
I ♥ Couch to 5k! If only i could run! I'm afraid it will be a *long* time before I can run again because of my cystocele. I can't even chase after my DS in the house, let alone go running.

Serenyd 12-24-2009 04:50 PM

Contrariety Sorry you are having such a tough time of it!

I've never been a size 3 except when I was an anorexic teenager! I'm just not built like that! I'm usually an 8/10 and I'm pretty happy with that.

Aufilia 12-25-2009 08:24 PM

I'm in regular pants in size 10, though I did wear a pair of maternity slacks to a christmas party yesterday since nothing that fits right was fancy enough. I was a 6/8 before my first pregnancy and a 4 after that pregnancy and before this one. It took me 5 months to drop my pregnancy weight last time around and a full year of breastfeeding to shrink down to "waif" size.

astar326 12-26-2009 02:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aufilia View Post
I'm in regular pants in size 10... I was a 6/8 before my first pregnancy...
me too. we'll see if i continue to shed weight during holiday eating. part of my new years resolution is to eat better and exercise (so typical, i know)

Kmama2 12-26-2009 11:05 AM

ugh!! I hate this weight crap. I feel like I am losing it slower this time. I went from 112 to 160... and I'm stuck around 136.. cant seem to lose much lately. I am going to the gym and eating decent but its just hanging on. Although it took me 6-9 months to lose the weight with my first I think I was making more progress by this time with my first.
The one difference is I got my period back at 6 weeks post partum last time and he will be 3 months on Jan 10th and no af yet... I read that usually you can lose weight easier once you start cycling again??
Anyways I can wear my size 12 jeans and a few size 10's but I am normally a 4-6. Hate this muffin top stuff!!!!! I want to be sleek and sexy again! I still can't wear my wedding rings either.

MsVyky 12-26-2009 06:10 PM

my rings don't fit either. I *can* get them on, but getting them off requires a long freezing water soak and a lot of dish soap

hildare 12-26-2009 06:42 PM

LUCKY!!!!!!!!!
as for me, looks like i'll be rocking the knitwear for a bit longer.

hildare 12-26-2009 06:44 PM

muffin top??? my freaking BOOTS have muffin top.

Pookietooth 12-26-2009 07:04 PM

I've heard you don't lose as fast with the second one.
Contrariety, so soory you're having some much trouble.

zjande 12-26-2009 07:37 PM

Contrariety, I'm sorry you're having to deal with all that! What a big bummer.

I'm still holding on to 20lbs of pregnancy weight over here. Bleh. But I haven't even begun exercising yet. I'm still in my maternity pants. Bleh again. But I always manage to lose the pregnancy weight eventually..... although it takes my actually *exercising* to make it happen! lol

I think my skeleton is a size 3, but once my muscles & organs are added, I shan't ever go below a size 7.

boobs4milk 12-28-2009 11:27 AM

ugh. i jiggle when i breathe. my right thigh is a size 7, aubrey :P seriously, we got natalie a new big girl bike so that when warm weather hits, we can get out the stroller and go for walks. millie HATES the wrap right now...sigh...so i can barely even get up to do housework!!!

DivineMrsM 12-29-2009 01:37 PM

oh thank god i'm not the only one! lol i keep thinking that at 10weeks PP i should be back to normal! i still have about 10lbs to lose to be back to pre-preg weight, but i'd like to lose at least 15lbs. i am going to mexico in february and i want to be comfortable wearing a bathing suit, which i so am not right now. i'm doing the turbojam videos, but not all the way thru. i'm doing as much as i can though. i NEED to stop eating all the junk i've been eating though.

i'm trying.

mrscompgeek 12-31-2009 09:12 PM

Well, while i still have jiggle in my thighs and belly I have lost 18# so far. I can also fit into my pre pregnancy jeans and zip them up. I just have a little roll over the top of the jeans..lol. I need to lose 10# yet and ill be satisfied.

Norasmomma 12-31-2009 09:58 PM

I've actually lost 5 lbs I hadn't lost from DD, I'm pretty stoked, my family actually commented on my weight loss.

I also am following this weird thing I heard where you feel half hungry all the time though, I weigh in my mind if that piece of cake is worth 5 minutes of bliss and years on my thighs.{{sigh}} It is working though.

tayndrewsmama 01-06-2010 06:43 PM

I haven't even had the time to try and exercise. I am in a 7/8 right now so I am not bent about it, but I'd love to just cut the extra skin off my belly and be done with it. Ick, ick, ick! I didn't have this with the other two. I really hope it doesn't stay like that. My weight seems to fluctuate from day to day as much as 6 pounds. I wonder if I'd be allowed on a plane with all of this milk since I am sure it's quite a bit more than 2 ounces.