baby gymnastics - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-07-2010, 01:56 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Wow! I wish I'd checked in sooner and been able to see the video. But regardless, I am pretty surprised at the reaction you've received. Whether you asked for it or not...there is a way to be tactful if you're concerned for a baby's safety...and I just can't imagine the video was THAT dangerous that people were truly concerned that you were ignorantly hurting her. And to know your background and education really clenches my own opinion that you're likely not harming her.

I have been so grateful to this site as I've been able to totally put myself out there and ask embarrassing questions. I've been really raw and honest about symptoms, thoughts and emotions that I'm kind of embarrassed about and I've really appreciated the loving commraderie that women (who don't even know me!) have shared. Joyakshi, I'd really hate if this deterred you from asking this sort of thing again. I would agree that the reaction was harsh, even if it was sugar coated with complimenting how adorable your baby is. My sister was recently published on odeedoh for her insanely adorable nursery. The website didn't see a problem with her parenting and approved all of her photos, but she got tons of feedback saying she was a bad parent for hanging things on the wall and leaving her baby unattended on a changing table (which she didn't) but the baby was on the changer with Daddy right there but cut out of the picture. But, it was amazing to us that people were so quick to give advice to her and other mother's who didn't realize how insulting it can be when someone fears for the safety of your child insinuating that you're making bad parenting choices. It's one thing to inquire to get more information, but, I think as mothers we should all be extremely senstive with those sorts of comments. With that said...I hope I haven't offended anyone. My only intention is to support Joyakshi because I had some really bad reactions to a thread once and it just really hurt my feelings and I felt like no one was in my corner.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

User Tag List